What's new

Salman Rushdie Knighted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will get a kick from my family if i ever did that, and I dont like BJP. Compleltly hate that slobs

My dad was a congress man till he died, all the way, He was State President for Congreess Worker's Association and also the creator of the group for welfare of my caste called Dheevara Sabha and alos an Member of the Legislative assembly of Kerala.

PS: A secualrist doesnt mean supporting Muslims to all their whims and whams

Atleast I don't hide behind the curtain of "I-m-secularist" & vote for BJP at polls.
You have no clue about me, when you get time ask Bull about my family background; But I am sure you have better things to do.

All the members have tried to explain you that salman rush-die's actions have hurt the sentiments of muslims worldwide; yet you endorse this activity & fully support him. Freedom of speech has its limit.

Yes I support him. Not cuz he is anti-islamic, cuz he has the right too..

Jyllands-Posten refused to publish Jesus caricatures produced by Christoffer-Zieler.Editor Jens Kaiser rejected this in April 2003 in order not to hurt Christians sensitivity. But no one cared about Muslim's sensitivity.

You can ask him that, there are various syrian tv chanels, which show jews killing children and drinking blood. There is a Hamas channel which advocates children in mickey mouse to kill Israeli's. Welcome to the real world, its pretty bad. Having read a lot of Islamic Newspapers; please do check up on their cartoon section from time to time. If the christains were so uptight about their religion like the muslims they would have bombed mecca already. Islamic Media constantly insults other religions, Is Islam a uber-religion, which allows them to talk trash about others but others cant. SOrry no fair. It doesnt work that way

The freedom of speech cannot be used as an excuse to hurt or insult others. [ unlike salmanrush-die & the dasnish cartoons]

Do you even have the number of times YOU have insulted my God's. You have NO RIGHT to say that. I could have responded in kind, I havent it. Go figure.

There exists double standards in this matter among most European and American journalists working for big media corporations. Most of these "advocates of freedom of speech" do not dare write against the foul practices of multinational corporations that often provide bread and butter to most working journalists. Most of them do not dare to expose the dirty trade practices, excessive exploitation and other violation of human rights of people working in such corporations. Most of them would not even touch the so called issues of national security even if the position of the power elite is against national interests. A case in point is the War in Iraq.

We have enough Jon Stewarts and Kieth Olbermen in the world,

The majority of the European and American journalists working for big corporation controlled media have not questioned the rationale behind going to war in Iraq.

You should read the New York Times

In fact, their anti-Islamic writings betray their loyalty to the power elites who are keen in promoting a hateful agenda against Muslims. Muslims ought to be cognizant of these facts. Our response to such Insults and humiliation should be based on the divine teachings and the lifestyle of our Prophet. We must not give in to our emotions.

Good for you, along with that Stop insulting others

We could have done much better if our response was controlled by the Divine teachings. We could have asked the Danish and other newspapers to allow us to introduce our Prophet to their audience the way we see him. We should have engaged the Dane's and others in a meaningful dialogue and discussion on the true nature of our faith and the true personality of our Prophet.

Yes, that still wouldnt have changed their stance on Freedom of Speech,

We should rise above our emotions to use this moment to educate others about Islam in an objective manner. It is the responsibility of our religious and intellectual leaders to direct our masses in developing a meaningful response to incidents of hate and racial bigotry.

Tell that to Saudi Arabia and the rest of arab world, islamic world in general. Saudi Arabia Islamic person dies 100,000 rials, Jew/Christain dies 50,000 rials, a Hindu dies 6660.60 rials.. Yes I can see where you are getting at.

No doubt, each of us feels hurt when we see an offensive depiction of our faith or our Prophet. However, rather than reacting in an emotional manner, we should use the opportunity to demonstrate true Islamic values of patience and persuasion. We showed our weakness in controlling our emotions when Salman Rushdie insulted our Prophet. We have repeated the same mistake. By now we should have learned about the teachings of our prophet in dealing with such cases. Perhaps we need to go back to study the life of our Prophet in more detail to develop a better understanding of his character and teachings as well as his mission in the world. After all, we accept him as a Mercy to Humankind.

Good for you!!!!

Bull

Here is his picture, please do explain to these kids over here what wearing a kadar means,
he is a Indira and Karunakaran supporter, He was a huge background player during his time. He died on Aug 13, 1999. Cereberal hemmorage

I will PM or email you rest of the details, I dont want speak on the main fora

Ok so he is knighted for services to literature.

I have hust read his book midnights children which won not only the bookers prize but also the bookers of bookers prize for literature of the last 25 years as a matter of research.

IT WAS CRAP!!!

A monkey could write a better book.

JK!

If Arunduthi Roy could write, then anyone can!!!!
maybe we all in "defence forum" dont understand left-wing commie craps!!!..lol

Ok so he is knighted for services to literature.

I have hust read his book midnights children which won not only the bookers prize but also the bookers of bookers prize for literature of the last 25 years as a matter of research.

IT WAS CRAP!!!

A monkey could write a better book.

That's your personal bias against a man who had the courage to speak up against your religion and actually stood up against the tyranny of sheer intolerance of Muslims albeit in a flip-flop manner.

Its bias, my friend. You're biased because he wrote something against your religion. Simple.

You're so obsessed with religion. Religion to you has become supreme to the point where to appreciate good literature you do a check on the authors background and see if he has been good with your religion.

Facts dont matter to you anymore. Religion Religion Religion. Your obsession with religion is putting you on a path towards direct confrontation with the rest of the world. Radicalised - you have been, just as the vast majority of the young Muslim population world over is getting.

A pity indeed...

guys guys guys....specialy lahori paji........

prleeeeeaaasseee get a grip he is getting what he exactly wants.....publicity....
thats how he has made millions he is not a good writer at all infact he is so crap its a punishment to finish his novel........so please just ignore him cool down if every one would have done the same just ignored him back in 1980s he would have been selling icecream some where .........so please he is nothing he is rubbish he cant even write.....only good thing hes got is the sexy girl friend called padma laxmi the girl is hot guys.....but think about it would he have her if he was selling ice cream......??????lol geeezzzzzzzz bring back the hippies ........hippies rock.......

AND ALWAYS REMEBER ONE THING GUYS JUST ONE THING........
NO ONE I SAY NO ONE IN THIS WORLD DESERVES TO DIE JUST BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY THINK OR LIVE THEIR LIFE OR JUST BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY BELIEVE OR EAT OR WEAR.......EVERY ONE I SAY EVERY ONE HAS RIGHT TO SAY WHAT THEY THINK.....AND RIGHT TO LIVE HOW THEY WANT TO LIVE AND RIGHT TO SAY WHAT THEY WANT TO SAY........!!!!!
LIFE IS WORTH A DAMN UNTIL YOU CAN SAY .............I AM WHAT I AM.............

AND ALWAYS REMEBER ONE THING GUYS JUST ONE THING........
NO ONE I SAY NO ONE IN THIS WORLD DESERVES TO DIE JUST BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY THINK OR LIVE THEIR LIFE OR JUST BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY BELIEVE OR EAT OR WEAR.......EVERY ONE I SAY EVERY ONE HAS RIGHT TO SAY WHAT THEY THINK.....AND RIGHT TO LIVE HOW THEY WANT TO LIVE AND RIGHT TO SAY WHAT THEY WANT TO SAY........!!!!!
LIFE IS WORTH A DAMN UNTIL YOU CAN SAY .............I AM WHAT I AM.............

I think I am in LOVE .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................again

I think I am in LOVE .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................again

ooooh la la...here goes the boy again.

Aresenel,

I think you should stop living in England,

Yes Yes Adux I understand your green of envy that I live in England , better education, better lifestyle and white women in your dreams that what you set your goals for (sad lol !) , Anyway my birth places England, is getting to you (even SADDER) - with that aren't you saying that India is crap indirectly ? call yourself a fellow patriot of India shame on you (or hypocrite), i think you should remove that flag in your aviator ! :P

for me India including Pakistan at the time, was the jewel of the British Empire don't know what ya thinking Adux !

------------------------------------------------------

Yes its true and quite sad that an Pakistani MP said that a suicide bombing justifies Salmun death. I understand the gravity when salmun was knighted. remember he wasn't knighted on the books he written but Knighted on the right to insult (free speech) Islam indirectly

What I have learnt from this experience is that politicians are idiots
LIke Pakistani MP who called for suicide bombing -IS THIS GUY A RETARD DOES THIS GUY REALISE THAT its a period of the war on terror where islamophobia is high ! and this twat makes comments about killing people via suicide bombing !
Does he not realise that he is an MP and a MUSLIM ?
Does he want the US to bomb pakistan ? idiot

So knighting Sulamn on the bases on freespeech bear in mind thoughs its on the satanic Verse,
they would have got away with it if it was another book
but no they had to do it on free speech and on that particular book
With the radicalist around in england, is this govt so stupid to aggrivate tensions between Muslims and non-muslim, do they want another 7/7 ?
What about bridging Muslim and non-muslim to fight terrorism don't they find it important
are they so stupid to cause friction in the Muslim population !

Freedom of speech I'm all in favour but freedom of speech to insult or use to degrade a an ethnic group is not. Its called verbal abuse and it can be arrestible offence.
This goes to anyone be It Muslim Hindu, Pakistani, Indian, Christan, Jew Blacks , Asian whites anyone
This is what civilised society is about not hurting feelings to another and living together.
(Indian continent did that for 1000 years !)

If some one wants to make criticism about Islam fine , thats their opinin but as long as its is educated and not baseless facts which are bigotry, name calling and hatred to a society.
Its not nice that someone gangs-up on you just because you preach different or slander as this whats been happening.

Also whats freedom of speech ? you guys make grossly offensive comments about Islam and our Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) and we have a big smile and say thank you ?
Heck no ! don't ever expect that, we'll rubbish you as you rubbish us ,
don't expect muslim to back down - however issue on the suicide bombing is not just wrong its disgusting and show how uneducating and unislamic as Islam forbids killing of innocent, you are.

Also why is it that you go and disgrace the Prophet Mohammad and when we say things like Ann frank did it with Hitler in bed,or things about Hindu in how they worship you guys can't handle it ?

its a two way street here lol- don't go and say things that in return you can't even handle
We can be just as insulting, nasty, inflammatory and offensive as you can so if you don't want to be hurt than don't say it :)
the bottom line is if you want a free for all free speech where everything goes then you will open a Pandora's box - just be prepared to have a thicker skin Cus I know from some people on this forum when the tables are turn on them they can't handle it. eg Adux

My thoughts on Rushdie Khighting- i found it insulting
and it was wrong for the Queen to knight him
and the book Satanic Verses is inflammatory and Rubbish LOL
thats my opinion and I have voiced my concerns as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom