What's new

Salman Rushdie Knighted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salman Rushdie is a muppet and he has not done anything to deserve a Knighthood

How many people have been awarded the Booker of Bookers in recent times ?

You want to deny him all recognition for his spectacular contribution to literature just because he chose to write against your religion.

Thats blackmail. Don't expect the world to digest it.

The picture he has as his avatar, can also intrepted on a more cultural basis. Maybe samudra likes dancing.

Oh none of that nonsense mate.

The Lord of Dance is a wonderful symbol of Hindu thought process. Depicting about half a dozen concepts in a single statue needs quite a bit of talent.

To actually use a pussy cat dancing doll instead of Nataraja would mean I'm intellectually challenged to the point that I can't appreciate a great work of art because of my religious beliefs rammed into my head since I was a kid.

What do our Muslims friends here think ? A man who does not believe in God cannot appreciate a great work of art if it is in any way connected to religion ? How ridiculous!

Adux said:
That is a stupid reason for resistance. You fight a enemy while your leaders collude with that very same enemy.???????????????????? For all you know if you change your leaders get some good ones' you might have a good relationship with these countries.
No Muslim wants his leaders to be our enemy's lackey but Muslims cannot stop fighting due to traitors.
Good relationship? :lol: Muslims can kick the occupiers out in 2 years from our lands, if we had good leaders.

Adux said:
There was something called a genocide happening there, Americans as well as the PAKISTANI's went in there to STOP it.
I am referring to the recent Euthopian+US invasion of Somalia. What "fabulous" reason can you give for this war?

Adux said:
Those JDAMS are put down to earth during wartime, When a Friggin Military Fighter plane fly's over my head, I know he is attack my nation during war. I dont expect that when I walk down the street and when i see a plain clothed muslim walking by side, I dont expect him to jump up and blow me up. If that is what you expect, then muslims are in deep trouble, they have just chewed more than they can eat.
So you are legitimizing the killing of civilians by US planes because their victims know they are about to die? LOL!

Adux said:
Russians are smothering Chechans now
I would have agreed with you if I too believed ITAR-TASS.

Adux said:
If Mullah Omar handed over Osama Bin Laden, Americans wouldnt have come in Afghanistan in the first place.
I was amaized and stunned when Omar requested that any evidence be shown of Osama's involvement in 9/11 and US did show this "evidence" but to Musharraf and Blair! Hilarious!

Adux said:
NOT Eu countries, but France. And they are banning Christain BIG crosses, Sikh Head Gear, Jew Skull Cap, Muslim head scrafs etc in HIGH SCHOOLS. GOOD job France.
Denmark and Holland have banned only Islamic practices. Besides, if France is imposing restrictions on diffirent religions the they surely cannot call themselves secular.

Samudra said:
You see these acts against Islam because you're too religious.
And you see these acts not against Islam because you are ....?

Samudra said:
Crusade - Its a word even I use in a different context.
PLEASE!!! If you are about to invade a Muslim country and call it a crusade, there is only one meaning for this "context".

Samudra said:
Is there a Muslim here who thinks his religion is inferior to mine ? Should I go waging war with all you Muslims for having that - if I may use that word, arrogant opinion rooted in sheer ignorance and fanatical faith ??
What the hell are you talking about? It was the US that started these wars not Muslims.

Samudra said:
So Yes, I want you to believe that what acts you think are against Islam are not acts against your religion. You tend to percieve them like that because you identify yourselves a little too much with your religion when it suits you.
Hmm ... Why don't I believe you :pop: .... Oh! I forgot you recently cleared your intentions.
It has happened in the past with Christianity and even 'Hinduism'.

Its the turn of your religion now.

i think no body has the right to speak on other's religion, in every religion it is permitted to kill the person who speaks against his religion but unfortunetly if muslim kill such black sheep then it will be called terrorism hamm, may there will b the person like AMIR (who attacked such person in Denmark)

Thank you, for that every Hindu/Christain is converted to islam, by muslims telling them that their way of life is not right and their god is not true and their kaffir's. According to you it gives me the right to kill those muslims trying to convert, since they are being blasmphmeous about my religion, Thank god for WoT

Salman Rushdie 'to divorce' again

Lakshmi is Rushdie's fourth wife
Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie and his Indian actress wife, Padma Lakshmi are divorcing at her request, Mr Rushdie's spokeswoman says.
The news comes two weeks after the author received a knighthood, sparking protests by Muslims in many parts of the world.

Sir Salman and Lakshmi married in a Hindu ceremony in New York in 2004.

The Satanic Verses, published in 1988, was condemned in the Islamic world because of its perceived blasphemy.

Respect plea

"Salman Rushdie has agreed to divorce his wife, Padma Lakshmi, because of her desire to end their marriage," Mr Rushdie's spokeswoman Jin Auh said in a statement, Reuters news agency reports.

"He asks that the media respect his privacy at this difficult time."

Lakshmi is Rushdie's fourth wife. It is her first marriage.

The author went into hiding in the 1980s after Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran issued a fatwa for "insulting Islam" in The Satanic Verses.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6262442.stm

i think no body has the right to speak on other's religion, in every religion it is permitted to kill the person who speaks against his religion but unfortunetly if muslim kill such black sheep then it will be called terrorism hamm, may there will b the person like AMIR (who attacked such person in Denmark)

Dear Soldier,

When you say no one has the right to speak on anothers religion I can agree but Sir Salman Rushdie is a muslim and he is speaking on his own religion so why so much anger ? You don't like him just ignore him! Please take sometime and explain to me why Allah, God or the maker needs mere mortals to defend their sayings and wants that to be achieved by killing other people who donot have the same reverence for their saying ?

If Allah, God or the Maker desired that, would they not just send a bolt of lightening and strike the person down ?

Have you ever thought for a moment that maybe Allah, God or the Maker may have wanted a rational debate in society and hence he, she or they created everyone with their own unique identities and beliefs ?

Regards

Salman Rushdie 'to divorce' again

Lakshmi is Rushdie's fourth wife
Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie and his Indian actress wife, Padma Lakshmi are divorcing at her request, Mr Rushdie's spokeswoman says.
The news comes two weeks after the author received a knighthood, sparking protests by Muslims in many parts of the world.

Sir Salman and Lakshmi married in a Hindu ceremony in New York in 2004.

The Satanic Verses, published in 1988, was condemned in the Islamic world because of its perceived blasphemy.

Respect plea

"Salman Rushdie has agreed to divorce his wife, Padma Lakshmi, because of her desire to end their marriage," Mr Rushdie's spokeswoman Jin Auh said in a statement, Reuters news agency reports.

"He asks that the media respect his privacy at this difficult time."

Lakshmi is Rushdie's fourth wife. It is her first marriage.

The author went into hiding in the 1980s after Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran issued a fatwa for "insulting Islam" in The Satanic Verses.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6262442.stm

If I am not mistaken Adux will be happy with the above news.

Regards

What did i tell you, We dont need to kill people to get things done our way..lol

Dear Adux,

You are such a soothsayer! Will ask Brown if we can give you a Kinghthood. Sir Adux oh that will raise hackles of a couple of your friends on this forum.

Regards

Dear ,Always Neutral

No you go and find out yourself its one of those things you do it yourself

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom