What's new

Salman Rocks Silicon Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just amazed to see that Many members are in favor of music, in spite of many proofs against music in Islamic books.

I think it's called "being human"

try it out ;)

Just because it give us Temporary Pleasure and fame so we always in search of some thing that not against Music.

same way food gives us temporary pleasure (and of course life).

To many, music and art gives us a different kind of pleasure....and is good for the soul.

Are we not selfish enough that for our own interests we always want to prove that it is right thing...even we are not sure bout it. ?

If I listen to music, am I imposing my will on you? Am i disturbing you?

If you tell me what I am doing is so-called "un-Islamic" ---then you are not just disturbing me but also pre-occupying yourself with an argument that is baseless and has no merit.

My friend, I think you have been in Saudi Arabia for too long!! Your hosts are rubbing off a bit too much of their culture on you. Incidentally, it is a country that does not promote stimulated thought, art, or intellectualism. Don't get me wrong, I love Saudi Arabia not just because of my faith --but because they have supported Pakistan through thick and thin.

But don't succumb to thoughts and mentalities espoused by an "environment" where, despite the vast wealth, over 30% of the people are un/under-employed; lazy; and unresourceful thanks to monthly stipends and govt. allowances.

like i said.......judge a "people" based on their hard work, contributions (to self and to society), credentials, and self (and outer) respect.

I feel sorry that you find it necessary to dub an everyday aspect of life such as "music" as "un-Islamic."

p.s. do you use a mobile phone? Do you drive a car? Do you watch television?

do you use a mobile phone? Do you drive a car? Do you watch television?

These items were not invented before the Islam was revealed.

There are no clear cut provisions for handling such out of the box cases based on technology. Recently there was a big debate in India wether "Talak" on mobile phone is valid or not or should it be considered "Haram"? A very Interesting question, but sadly no legitimate authority to clear this out.

Same goes for Internet as well.

Thats is why I am so :tup: for logic than blind faith in some cases.

Last edited:
that is why we have the Islamic principle of Ijtehad, in order to reach consensus on these day-to-day matters.

I couldnt care less what a few bearded wahhaby scholars declare as "un-Islamic" .......their judgements have no bearing or authority or jurisdiction over my life.

To me, religion is more than just a set of "dos and do nots"

Let me ask you one thing. With all the proof agaisnt "music" in Islamic books.... can you imagine what those books would say about the use of internet?? Internet would be the mother of all haraams!!

Any thing that make a bad effects is not allowed in Islam. any thing itself is not bad the wrong use will always make it bad.

If we use Speaker for extremism then it will be wrong but if we use it for AZAN it will very good.

Internet is source of Information, source of study and also source of sin but it depends how we use it.
Internet is good enough if we use it for good purpose and Haram if we use it for bad things.

What does music do on its own? Either it will make you feel good or give you a headache. Lyrics on the other hand that preach violence, hatred or vulgarity.... I can understand to be haraam. But music on its own?? You think listening to music will make you do something bad or change your habits? It's not the music... it's the person.

What's the saying.... "Guns don't kill people. People kill people".

Like drugs, and just as bad, music takes the focus of a person away from remembering God and thinking clearly. It affects your mood. It takes over. And it stays inside of you - it affects you even after you've stopped listening. It is a mood-altering thing which takes a person away from his or her contact with God. Keep your head clear and think. It is better for your natural state to stay away from something that changes your inner state.

Yes "Instruments and song may not be wrong .. Playing them & singing is wrong"

Can you sing your kids to sleep?

Any thing that make a bad effects is not allowed in Islam. any thing itself is not bad the wrong use will always make it bad.

If we use Speaker for extremism then it will be wrong but if we use it for AZAN it will very good.

Internet is source of Information, source of study and also source of sin but it depends how we use it.
Internet is good enough if we use it for good purpose and Haram if we use it for bad things.

Like drugs, and just as bad, music takes the focus of a person away from remembering God and thinking clearly. It affects your mood. It takes over. And it stays inside of you - it affects you even after you've stopped listening. It is a mood-altering thing which takes a person away from his or her contact with God. Keep your head clear and think. It is better for your natural state to stay away from something that changes your inner state.

Yes "Instruments and song may not be wrong .. Playing them & singing is wrong"

^^
How you can easily say this .. ?
for example What is difference between the Extremist who give a Fatwa 'Girls Study is Haram' ,
and you give a Fatwa 'Music is Not haram'.
why not Soft way .. ?

If you say 'in my opinion and observations Music seems to be not Haram' It is good.

please don't publish any other Fatwa against me.

Regards,

^^
How you can easily say this .. ?
for example What is difference between the Extremist who give a Fatwa 'Girls Study is Haram'

listening to music does not harm society.....

not educating girls (50% of the population) DOES DO harm for society, and would put us backwards instead of forwards......

and you give a Fatwa 'Music is Not haram'.
why not Soft way .. ?

As I am not an Islamic scholar nor am I a mufti, I'm not in a moral or societal position to declare fatwas.....

If you say 'in my opinion and observations Music seems to be not Haram' It is good.

nah, i'll just be direct and blunt about a subject I feel strongly about.

please don't publish any other Fatwa against me.

please don't spread your interpretations of Islam if you will declare other interpretations as "un-Islamic"

that's how this whole debate started in the first place :oops:

Cheers.

lol....you bring up Turkey?

religion is a private matter....I have said it time and time again. Live and let live, most important is having good faith and also working hard and giving back to country and to society

Nicely PUT... If every person just lives good honest life and let others live happily... Works hard for family, society and country and has a overall positive influence on his outer world.. I think it would be so much a different world.. BTW such a person would be viewed favorably in any religion no matter he follows ( Practices ) the teachings of any religion or not. Righteousness and self discipline are inherent attributes of a human being which i believe can be practiced without necessarily knowing, aligning or practicing any religion.

Pakistan is a Muslim majority country -- we do live and let live.

This whole convo began over music being "haram."

That is a huge slap in the face to Pakistan's world famous musicians.....like the imitated (but never duplicated) Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan ---whom the world showered with love and affection.

Like Junoon --- South Asia's largest rock group.

like language, music is a huge part of culture....you reject that, then you are rejecting life

I reject music , I never reject life, I am living my life happily. There are millions who live beautiful life without music.

'Junaid Jamshed' is not alive without Music?

Music is in life but life is not in music.

Don't disperse other Muslim please please for God sake. It is sensitive issue . every person can decide it is good or bad, if you think it is good accept it. Let other people alive upon their own wishes.

time to close this thread.

I reject music , I never reject life, I am living my life happily. There are millions who live beautiful life without music.

'Junaid Jamshed' is not alive without Music?

Music is in life but life is not in music.

Don't disperse other Muslim please please for God sake. It is sensitive issue . every person can decide it is good or bad, if you think it is good accept it. Let other people alive upon their own wishes.

time to close this thread.

I suggest you watch Khuda kay liye

Pakistan is a Muslim majority country -- we do live and let live.

This whole convo began over music being "haram."

That is a huge slap in the face to Pakistan's world famous musicians.....like the imitated (but never duplicated) Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan ---whom the world showered with love and affection.

Like Junoon --- South Asia's largest rock group.

like language, music is a huge part of culture....you reject that, then you are rejecting life

We are talking about Music is harm in Islam not in Pakistan. Anyone can listen to music if they want but will have answer about it on the day of Judgment.
What Pakistan needs to do is remove the "Islamic Republic" from this name. Music is part of Culture and Pakistan people only want to attach themselves with Culture. Anyway, there is no Islam in Pakistan, I haven't seen Islam anywhere in Pakistan. Islam is the way of life, not just praying five time salat and Milad, etc. Pakistan with population of close to 165+ million only 3-5% are following Islam, rest are just Muslims by name.

We have to read the sirah of Rasulullah (Saw) and study the life of Companian (sahabah) (r.a) to learn what is permissible and what is rejected in Islamic. Do you find Music in there lives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom