What's new

Salman Ahmed - Moderate Confused Muslim

voiceofaa

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salman Ahmed, claimed to be the source of interest few days back, now exposed brutely here.

In this video the famous american islam scholar seema hassan who use to gives speeches on islam and salman ahmed of junoon band abusing QURAN and ISLAM ..

[YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, it's from his documentary "It's my country too" where he defends the American Muslims who are being increasingly targeted by the non-Muslim Americans as pariahs in their own country.

This is his own maternal aunt, but he attacks her throughout the documentary for her political support to Bush. She is not a famous Islamic scholar, her name is Simi and she is a political worker for the Republican party.

You don't have to take things so literally over here. Salman Ahmed's goal in life is not to portray the Quran as a sex symbol or anything.

Geez, it's from his documentary "It's my country too" where he defends the American Muslims who are being increasingly targeted by the non-Muslim Americans as pariahs in their own country.

This is his own maternal aunt, but he attacks her throughout the documentary for her political support to Bush. She is not a famous Islamic scholar, her name is Simi and she is a political worker for the Republican party.

You don't have to take things so literally over here. Salman Ahmed's goal in life is not to portray the Quran as a sex symbol or anything.

i suggest you to listen to his words once again and carefully :tsk:

Dude as an ex journalist I've interviewed the guy on many occasions. The guy is a staunch Muslim activist not an enemy.

i suggest you to listen to his words once again and carefully :tsk:

What exactly about his comments do you find controversial/offensive/ against Islam?

It helps move the discussion if you could also post whatever it is in the video that you consider relevant to the point you are making.

What exactly about his comments do you find controversial/offensive/ against Islam?

It helps move the discussion if you could also post whatever it is in the video that you consider relevant to the point you are making.

Sexy Islam ?

Do we have some kinds of Islams (Naazubillah)?

Sexy Islam ?

Do we have some kinds of Islams (Naazubillah)?
Actually he said "Sick of people coming up to the television saying Islam is a peaceful religion, I would much rather Simi have say Islam is a sexy religion". Of course Salman is saying that as a pun, making fun of her choice of words and Simi is Salman's very influential aunt but he takes on her as well.

And I repeat Sexy does not mean Sex symbol over here. She's identifying with it as "right on the money".

You are taking things way out of context here, I suggest you watch the documentary first.

Actually he said "Sick of people coming up to the television saying Islam is a peaceful religion, I would much rather Simi have say Islam is a sexy religion". Of course Salman is saying that as a pun, making fun of her choice of words and Simi is Salman's very influential aunt but he takes on her as well.

And I repeat Sexy does not mean Sex symbol over here. She's identifying with it as "right on the money".

You are taking things way out of context here, I suggest you watch the documentary first.

means if someone making fun of Islam we them instead of correcting them .........

gr8 !

means if someone making fun of Islam we them instead of correcting them .........

gr8 !

It means we don't have to look like we are attending a funeral every time we talk about our religion. Muslims need to ease up a bit when it comes to discussing religion. The idea behind religion is to provide values or guidelines to help mold our lives. I doubt Allah is petty or insecure enough to be offended when a couple of jokes are cracked at his expense.

At the end of the day, it is how you treat the world around you and those who inhabit it that will curry favor with him, or incur his wrath.

We don't have to be a bunch of fanatics that we pick a fight every time something is not mentioned in the best possible way. Simi too was PRAISING Quran. Now imagine how idiotic of Salman it would've been if he starts arguing with Simi who has PRAISED the Quran, instead of get to the meat of the discussion that the Quran is not a violent book.

There's a limit of making thing worst and ruined everything in jokes, and what i know , we can't so such things when it comes to quran/verses, kalma or Allah and his messenger (SAW), for me he's just a piece of **** , nothing more then that, and it's not neccessary others will think the way i do, but one should avoid imposing things.

I said what i think, take it or leave ........

There's a limit of making thing worst and ruined everything in jokes, and what i know , we can't so such things when it comes to quran/verses, kalma or Allah and his messenger (SAW), for me he's just a piece of **** , nothing more then that, and it's not neccessary others will think the way i do, but one should avoid imposing things.

I said what i think, take it or leave ........
It's weird, there are people tearing and burning the Quran, and here you are up in arms against someone who has praised it!

Therein lies the problem that others have with us Muslims not by what word someone uses to PRAISE our religion or book.

No doubt that Islam is a forgiving and moderate religion..but the way this bunch (in video) is discussing it, is totally absurd and their choice of words was totally unacceptable. Just imagine telling my friend that his sister or mother is looking very sexy or is a bombshell!! I may not mean it in a literally meaning but it’s still undesirable especially in our culture.

I am also in favour of discussing our religion in an open way but at the same time avoid using any word that is undesirable in the context and can create controversy.

No doubt that Islam is a forgiving and moderate religion..but the way this bunch (in video) is discussing it, is totally absurd and their choice of words was totally unacceptable. Just imagine telling my friend that his sister or mother is looking very sexy or is a bombshell!! I may not mean it in a literally meaning but it’s still undesirable especially in our culture.

I am also in favour of discussing our religion in an open way but at the same time avoid using any word that is undesirable in the context and can create controversy.
If you see the documentary, he does attack Simi's vanity all throughout.

unacceptable. Just imagine telling my friend that his sister or mother is looking very sexy or is a bombshell!!.

I differ in the quote above that i highlighted if a friends mother or sister ( because she might be some ones mother or sisters but she is also an individual so is the person expressing her desire)one finds beautiful there is absolutely no harm in saying it to him/her in fact its a form of physical appreciation i wouldn't mind saying it in fact i have said it in more then one occasion C'mon intimacy is a beautiful thing so is its gestures its a wast topic & we all need education in this ocean full of pleasure of a subject with all our respective plus & for that matter minus points after all we are humans & are prone to making mistakes but as long as its harmless & mutual its a wonderful stream just flow with the rhyme give love get love enjoy love make love experience love what does life has to offer that can accommodate all our luxuries in that moment of that unexplained phenomenon think about it don't you want to be loved don't you want to share it express it fall in it feel it etc etc in fact the sharing/experiencing it is what i am trying to say here yes though it should be in appropriate manner i agree but in the mean time very much desirable so over all its a beautiful gift of ALLAH & should be shared with appreciations, however i am NOT talking about junoon's Salman Ahmed's comments on Islam or any religion be it Islam or Hinduism,Judaism or Christianity etc etc I just answered the
NOTE: QUOTE above so please don't drag me into a religious fright not interested in religious controversies.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom