What's new

Sahiwal Police Massacre - Updates & Discussions.

Or it is the same in every situation? I

My question is very simple, do you handle the situation differently when there are children at the target place or respond with the same manners in every situation?

A threat is a threat. Age is insignificant, rules of engagement in a firefight don't change. Sad reality of modern day counterterrorism, should the tactics be reviewed? Absolutely, did things go south? Sure.

My recommendation would be issuing police with body worn cameras...

What if the child is holding a bomb or an ak 47, does that change things in ur books? They used to have whole brigades of child soldiers in african civil wars. This was not a normal police interception but a coin opp involving an extremely dangerous terrorist. He was a big big fish!!!, very few get to abduct and dump ISI agents. This fellow was one of them.

Don’t give me the example of other countries.
In this particular case, they were supposed to stop the car and find out who other 2 people are.

How can ordinary people understand this stuff , until and unless they themselves face this crap or God Forbid happens to them or their dear ones .
Yes, it seems that people have forgotten the 70k Pakistani's who fell to these terrorist scum. We are a nation famous for short term memory loss.

A threat is a threat. Age is insignificant, rules of engagement in a firefight don't change. Sad reality of modern day counterterrorism, should the tactics be reviewed? Absolutely, did things go south? Sure.

My recommendation would be issuing police with body worn cameras...

I acknowledge the effort of CTD to eliminate terrorism that too very quietly. But this doesn’t justify this act of brutality. They drove on highway and were checked on multiple different check points. Doesn’t that tell us, they weren’t armed?

How can ordinary people understand this stuff , until and unless they themselves face this crap or God Forbid happens to them or their dear ones .
Sir ye baat to ap na krain forces k sath sath awam ne b kam qurbanian nahi din 50000+ civilans jo Mary kya wo ordinary persons nahi thy? Baat sop's or unki implementation ki hy or awam ki protection ki ku k ap aik real target ko maar k sath 3 masoom ko maar k b terrorist hi paida krty hain wo ultimately or intiqam leny k liye aesa banain gy jab state se insaf nahi mily ga unhy wo b ordinary persons hi hain abi jo ye face kr rhy hain terrorists ko b or police ki aesi karwai ko b phir b ager ap ye kahain k awam ko kya Pata to kon hy awam akhir?

State will fully look after children injured in Sahiwal tragedy: PM Imran

1892674-imrankhanexx-1547963990-457-640x480.jpg

The government's priority is protection of all its citizens, says premier. PHOTO: FILE

Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that the three children injured in the Sahiwal tragedy “will now be fully looked after by the state as its responsibility”.

The premier took to Twitter saying that he was “still shocked at seeing the traumatised children who saw their parents shot before their eyes,” adding that any parent would be shocked as they would think of their own children in such a traumatic situation.

“These children will now be fully looked after by the state as its responsibility,” PM Imran wrote on the microblogging social media website on Sunday.

The prime minister said that as soon as JIT report comes, swift action will be taken. “The government’s priority is protection of all its citizens.”

While the CTD has done a great job in fight against terrorism, everyone must be accountable before the law, he said in another tweet.

On Saturday, PM Imran took notice of the tragic incident and directed the provincial police chief to hold a thorough inquiry.

Shady encounter leaves three of a family dead

IGP Punjab Amjad Saleemi constituted a joint investigation team (JIT) to probe the incident. The JIT will submit its report with three days.

Taking notice of the issue, Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar ordered the arrest of the CTD officials involved in the Sahiwal incident.

“The CTD officials involved in the alleged extra-judicial killing of a family have been taken into custody on the orders of the chief minister,” said Punjab CM’s spokesperson Dr Shahbaz Gill.

Four people – including two women – were killed in a shady encounter involving Punjab’s counterterrorism police on a highway in the Qadirabad area of Sahiwal district on Saturday noon.

The police first identified the victims as “kidnappers” and then as “terrorists of a proscribed group”, raising doubts over the “encounter”.

sahewal-firing-1547888948-1547966803.jpg

PHIOTO: EXPRESS

Police ‘brutality’ in Sahiwal triggers outcry on social media

The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) claimed in a statement that the law enforcers signalled a Suzuki Alto car and a motorcycle to stop near Sahiwal Toll Plaza on GT Road, but they did not pull over and instead opened fire.

The police retaliated and four people, including two women, were killed by the “firing of their own accomplices” in the ensuing firefight by, according to the CTD.

1512894-ttttttttx-1547955479-802-640x480-1-1547966904.jpg

PHOTO: EXPRESS

The victims have been identified as Muhammad Khalil, his wife Nabeela, 13-year-old daughter Areeba and a neighbour Zeeshan.

CM Buzdar

Punjab Chief Minister on Sunday visited the surviving children of the Sahiwal family.

The chief minister said that a Joint Investigation Team had been constituted to probe into the Sahiwal incident and has been directed to conduct a transparent investigation and submit its report within 72 hours.

I acknowledge the effort of CTD to eliminate terrorism that too very quietly. But this doesn’t justify this act of brutality. They drove on highway and were checked on multiple different check points. Doesn’t that tell us, they weren’t armed?

We all need to calm down and wait for the JIT to complete its investigation.

Yes, it seems that people have forgotten the 70k Pakistani's who fell to these terrorist scum. We are a nation famous for short term memory loss
Yaar kasam se iss thread par dekh kar herath hogai kese kuch bazahir samjh dar logg esse baat kar sakte hein sharm ani chiye unhe .
Lal pela nela rang wale idhar essi baat karein ge tou bakio ka tou allah he hafiz

@RescueRanger u should open a thread on CT basics so people can get over their emotional rants

Don’t give me the example of other countries.
In this particular case, they were supposed to stop the car and find out who other 2 people are.
U dont do that when there is an ISIS militant in the car unless u are very very very stupid. Do u knw the difference between a simple criminal aprehension and a counter terrorism opp? What is wrong with this scenario is that people are judging this with normal criminal procedure in mind. This was a coin opp!!!, it has completely different sop's due to the fact that here u r dealing with highly trained lethal killing machines not some petty thieves.

Pretty shameful for caring so much murderers, we should not differentiate between wardi walas and chamri walas, and should treat all target killers equally
I am not taking sides but this particular incident was intel based it looks like they were wrong place at wrong time.
Police job all around the world is thankless job I live a Canada for past 23 yrs I can tell u we have seen hundreds of ppl been killed by cops trust me not a single cop ended in jail. Same is US too reason is police establishment is too strong every where.They killed so many black guy that in North America there is organization called black life matters.But if u see through police prisim they sound right as well they scared for theior lives as well meant its a very fine line.

Punjab police is nothing in Toronto there r only 8500 cops and their annual budget is about 1 Billion $ but u see Toronto shootings every day ppl killed. You go Chicago u will feel like it's war torn city riddle with crime and violence murders more than thousand ppl killed in Chicago city alone last yr Same in LA NY u name it Vancouver is drug capital of Canada.

Sir ye baat to ap na krain forces k sath sath awam ne b kam qurbanian nahi din 50000+ civilans jo Mary kya wo ordinary persons nahi thy? Baat sop's or unki implementation ki hy or awam ki protection ki ku k ap aik real target ko maar k sath 3 masoom ko maar k b terrorist hi paida krty hain wo ultimately or intiqam leny k liye aesa banain gy jab state se insaf nahi mily ga unhy wo b ordinary persons hi hain abi jo ye face kr rhy hain terrorists ko b or police ki aesi karwai ko b phir b ager ap ye kahain k awam ko kya Pata to kon hy awam akhir?
Mere 2 civilian rishtedar saheed hoyein hai iss jang mein aur mein khud mutasir hoa hon iss jang se bht buri tarah aur kuch nhi kahon ga:-)

@Retired Troll apke bhi dost shaheed hoe the how was ur feeling all these years?

Mere 2 civilian rishtedar saheed hoyein hai iss jang mein aur mein khud mutasir hoa hon iss jang se bht buri tarah aur kuch nhi kahon ga:-)
My family too had a very close shave in islamabad in the early years of wot.

My family too had a very close shave in islamabad in the early years of wot.
Same here , I am from islamabad as well and remember how these goons burned down cenima and terrorized people.

sir to ap khud guzar chuky hain is halaat se to ap hi andaza krain k awam ne b to jheela hy ye sb or ap phr kh rhy hain k awam k sath ho to unhy pta ho. I'm sorry ager meri kisi baat se ap hurt hwe hain but hum awam ne b dekha hy sir ye sb aj b 2007 se 2009 tak ka yaad ata hy to khwab lagta hy meri apni cousin abpara blast se bachin or jo hamari halat thi us time hum hi janty hain unse itna door mere retired uncle jo k isi me thy wo kidnap hwe isb se 2012 me or aj tak nahi pta chal saka unka aesi bohat si kahania bikhri pari hain sir her jaga awam ne b utna hi saha hy awam or forces sath hain hi to sb hy warna kuch nahi bachta

sir to ap khud guzar chuky hain is halaat se to ap hi andaza krain k awam ne b to jheela hy ye sb or ap phr kh rhy hain k awam k sath ho to unhy pta ho. I'm sorry ager meri kisi baat se ap hurt hwe hain but hum awam ne b dekha hy sir ye sb aj b 2007 se 2009 tak ka yaad ata hy to khwab lagta hy meri apni cousin abpara blast se bachin or jo hamari halat thi us time hum hi janty hain unse itna door mers retiouncle jo k isi me thy wo kidnap hwe isb se 2012 me or aj tak nahi pta chal saka unka aesi bohat si kahania bikhri pari hain sir her jaga awam ne b utna hi saha hy awam or forces sath hain hi to sb hy warna kuch nahi bachta
App apni jagh sahi hai sorry ki zarorat apko nhi balkeh unhe hein jinko kuch bhi nhi pata aur yahn mansab sambhale hoye hain

Back
Top Bottom