What's new

Sachin scared of me, says Shoaib Akhtar in his biography

^^ :lol:

Do you know what an average of 24 in ODIs and 25 in test cricket means? No, didn't think you did.

the above ppl were prosecuted and thrown out of Indian team. where as you players are supported by PCB even if they are guilty, that's the difference, and after the match fixing scandal majority of Indian population have stopped watching cricket. however you ppl still cheer for your match/spot fixers. Ijaz butt is still your cricketing boss that's a shame just like we have that fuk face sharad pawar.
.offtopic, kaif miya I'm noticing you are a bit aggressive these days, sab khariyat?

Absolutely, all those who were involved in match fixing NEVER played a game for India again! We could have created conspiracy theories in line with our ''the world is out to get us'' mentality too. But then that would make us ghairatmand LOL!

Rightly said by Wasim Akram, he is trying to earn cheap publicity. He is out of cricket, now was thinking to make some money from the book. You are not 'in the line of fire' stupid.

Shoaib was an average bowler. His speed was good but his heart was that of a chicken.

I have heard even Waqar Yunus saying this of Shoaib. He would lose his heart fast if the conditions were tough.

His records are at best average. He is an overpublicized but highly mediocre cricketer.

Hi Vinod, Long time?

I expect much more reasonable posts from a member like you.

Shoaib's Bowling averages :

Tests: 25.7
ODIs: 24.89

Now compare that to India's best pace bowler for the last 5 years or so:

Zaheer Khan :

Tests: 31.78
ODIs: 28.53

If Shoaib was an average bowler, I wonder what Zaheer is?

P.s I am in no way supporting his claim regarding Sachin and Dravid. Both of them are world beaters in their own way and I think I have mentioned it before that I have personally met Dravid when he came to Pakistan in 2004/05 and I found him a very humble and down to earth guy. He is a true gentlemen and excellent ambassador of the game. Shoaib's comments are childish and immature.

source: Shoaib Akhtar | Cricket365 | Stats & Records | International | Cricket365 | Cricket News
Zaheer Khan | Cricket365 | Stats & Records | International | Cricket365 | Cricket News

Absolutely, all those who were involved in match fixing NEVER played a game for India again! We could have created conspiracy theories in line with our ''the world is out to get us'' mentality too. But then that would make us ghairatmand LOL!

With respect look at my previous posts on this thread. The whole team that played South Africa has been implicated. Look at the link i put on earlier. I must remind you they are ALL indeed STILL playing.

With respect look at my previous posts on this thread. The whole team that played South Africa has been implicated. Look at the link i put on earlier. I must remind you they are ALL indeed STILL playing.

Can you tell me who were found guilty but are still in the team?

Shoaib Akhtar would have easily joined the ranks of being among the 10 best bowlers in the history of Cricket but he wasted his talent and couldn't play for one reason or another

He still is World Class bowler and would always be remembered among the best Pakistani bowlers... So please don't suspect his bowling abilities... It is just that I don't agree with his statement.. otherwise he as a bowler (and at his peak) was a legend in my eyes

Well I think the man has a opinion and rightfully so his career was wrongfully interrupted so many times by

a) PCB
b) Jealous bowlers in Pakistani line up
c) Fellow cricketers who did not want him to become captain
d) Religious champions who obviously could not accept his easy going night life style

Plus he had chance to bowl to best batsmen , and he thought that Tandulkar was not as good as perhaps Dravid

So there is no controversey - in his personal opinion he had a harder time to bowl to Dravid , and Tandulkar he saw many times fall victim to his own bowling and also not winning alot of games

As for his opinion on Wasim Akram , well its obvious that Wasim was control freak and if he was not a control freak I am sure Shoaib would not raise an opinion against him

Corruption of PCB is evident that right after Shoaib came back from IPL he was fined a big amount ..becasue PCB wanted to take their "CUT" from his salary that he earned abroard which was the time he was harassed by PCB to pay that fine accounting to 30-40 thousand dollars not even rupees

If we remember the time , when in one game Shoaib had back problem he could not bowl correctly but then in batting he played thru pain and scored 30-40 runs , and instead of praise he got was he was faking injury to not ball that was the attitude of his captain toward his fighting batting when all the other batsmen collapsed as usual

Shoaib provide the SPINE in otherwise , spineless Pakistani team that is timid , scared and not inspiring

Its only fitting that he wrote the book , PCB even used to critise him mingling with Indian fans when he was in India complaining he should not be so friendly with fans and take pictures with fans and the mascots

The problem is not Shoaib the problem is PCB

Many Pakistanis don't reach full potential

a) Because Pakistan does not plays 5 test match series on regular basis
b) There is no financial gain from test matches if ppl win millions in test series then you will see
real competition
c) The team has bad fitness level as people get injuries with minor competitive atmosphere

Indian coach Gary Kirsten was bleeding after getting the bouncer of shoib. its horrible and scaring

Last edited by a moderator:
good interview

Fairly good interview shows that his words have been taken out of contect by Media - a typical story Media vs Shoaib

Great comment in end

T20 vs ODI is like Donkey and Horse !! lol great analogy

He looks like ....he has no more burden in life he is free man , he said it all in his books looks very relaxed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom