What's new

Sachin scared of me, says Shoaib Akhtar in his biography

It's sacrilege to compare that junkie to wasim or even waqar.....they were bowlers their nationals would be proud of and even opposite team would respect them. Not this guy with all his hot air blowing.

I agree he was an exciting bowler.

At times.

Just speed doesn't make anyone "world class calibre".
Shoaib was a lot more gas than any substance.
Mate, his bowling average in test matches is 25.69, while 24.97 in ODIs, which itself is the evidence that he was serious wicket taking bowler..

330px-Shoaib_Akhtar2.jpg

I am sure that if Akhtar was an indian had talked about pakistani batsmen being scared of his----you would have declared him another 'deity' ( no disrespect ) just like Tendulkar.

That's pretty much the difference between him and Tendulkar.. World class bowlers all over the world were wary of bowling to him, but he never made such self gratifying claims.. Unlike the other cricketer in question. As it goes, Those who can, Do.. Others just make tall claims :)

Mate, his bowling average in test matches is 25.69, while 24.97 in ODIs, which itself is the evidence that he was serious wicket taking bowler..

I have addressed the average issue in post #125. I think it is quite meaningless.

Sachin scared of me, says Shoaib Akhtar in his biography | Page 9

Some excerpts:

Shoaib Akhtar had all of 178 wickets from 46 tests, marked by frequent breakdowns and indiscipline and going in and out of the team. Are these the figures of even a good bowler, let alone a great one? These are mediocre figures.

Now, let's take One days. Our J. Srinath and Agarkar among others have a better "average" than Shoaib. Doesn't mean they were necesarrily better bowlers or great bowlers.

Shoaib Akhtar had all of 178 wickets from 46 tests,.
Even in test matches his bowling average is equal to Shane warne....
He was agressive man.. People were jealous from him... ICC banned him even in small little lips talk with batsman.....

Even in test matches his bowling average is equal to Shane warne....
He was agressive man.. People were jealous from him... ICC banned him even in small little lips talk with batsman.....

Budda ho gaya hai, I think Afghan charas did him in.

he must have consulted MBI munshi maharaj for tips??? :P

BTW i loved the way he ended his career, his last match against new-zealand where ross taylor murdered him in his last over where he conceded more than 28 runs, the same CHUKKER was not even selected to play against India in the semis, that showed his captains and selectors confidence in his chuckking... he better shut his mouth now and concentrate on selling his (raddi) biography/autobiography?? on his miserable and controversial career.

LOOOOOOOOSER that too BIG time!!!
thts sums it all.... thx gogo I miss u. lol

thts sums it all.... thx gogo I miss u. lol
Koi nai yar kisi din maar perr hi jati hai, Os din Ross Taylor ka din tha....
Kamran akmal hai hi harmi, B.C... catch chor diya tha ross taylor ka Shoaib k pehlay over mein.. Then taylor ny Chunn chunn k mara tha sab bowler ko.. It was just one bad day

Last edited:
That's pretty much the difference between him and Tendulkar.. World class bowlers all over the world were wary of bowling to him, but he never made such self gratifying claims.. Unlike the other cricketer in question. As it goes, Those who can, Do.. Others just make tall claims :)
charsi wasnt even a bowler he was a CHUCKKER. @dabong1... good point ^ there.

I loved the way he (the diety (demi god) as per mastan.) gave his alvida speech.

Back
Top Bottom