What's new

Sachin scared of me, says Shoaib Akhtar in his biography

Fairly good interview shows that his words have been taken out of contect by Media - a typical story Media vs Shoaib

Great comment in end

T20 vs ODI is like Donkey and Horse !! lol great analogy

He looks like ....he has no more burden in life he is free man , he said it all in his books looks very relaxed

Shoaib just gave his opinions. At the end of the day he didn't try to bring anyone down. Self-Merit speaks for itself.

Fairly good interview shows that his words have been taken out of contect by Media - a typical story Media vs Shoaib

Great comment in end

T20 vs ODI is like Donkey and Horse !! lol great analogy

He looks like ....he has no more burden in life he is free man , he said it all in his books looks very relaxed

You are right. Just look at this Indian reporter how she is asking question from shah rukh by twisting the wordings of Shoaib out of context. We know that Shoaib did not mean that Scahin is scare of him(his strong body lol) but he was scare of his bouncer at that particular day and also compare what shoaib said about shah Rukh and what she is telling to shah Rukh khan :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasim Akram comment’s on Shoaib Akhtar’s autobiography

Mumbai: Wasim Akram commented on Shoaib Akhtar and his controversial autobiography, regarding the claims made in it, saying that he was a “problem” when he was an active player and remains so in retirement.

Akram also contradicted Shoaib’s claims of making Sachin Tendulkar uncomfortable with his speed in the Faisalabad Test in 2006 and also said that some of the other allegations he has made in the book titled ‘Controversially Yours’ were false.

“I remember one of Sachin’s knocks in the Sialkot Test. It was the fourth Test and the wicket had lot of grass, I was 22 and Waqar was 19 and we were very fast,” Akram recalled.

“Waqar hit him on his chin and he came back after taking treatment and scored a 50. If a 16-year-old can’t be scared, I don’t think any batsman can be scared. It hardly matters what Shoaib says,” He added.

Akram said that the ever-controversial Akhtar was just trying to sell his book with tall claims. He also denied the allegations that he tried to destroy the Akhtar’s career.

“Whatever the Pakistan Cricket Board says, I am with them. He was a problem when he was in the team and he is a problem when he is out of the team,” Akram said. “He knows, I know and the world knows that he was himself responsible for destroying his career. There is a lot to talk but I don’t want to humiliate him. There is an unwritten code among players that some facts should not be revealed before the media,” he warned.

“You guys (media) will ensure that his book is a bestseller,” he said.

Talking about Indian cricket, Akram said Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s men should brace up for tough times ahead when they tour Australia later this year: “The Australia tour will be challenging for India and they should expect bouncy wickets,” he said.

Akram also advocated the resumption of bilateral cricket ties between India and Pakistan.

“I am in favour of sporting ties between India and Pakistan. If players of these countries do well against each other, they can do well against anyone,” he said.

Wasim Akram comment’s on Shoaib Akhtar’s autobiography | Sport | DAWN.COM

:lol:

Hi Vinod, Long time?

I expect much more reasonable posts from a member like you.

Shoaib's Bowling averages :

Tests: 25.7
ODIs: 24.89

Now compare that to India's best pace bowler for the last 5 years or so:

Zaheer Khan :

Tests: 31.78
ODIs: 28.53

If Shoaib was an average bowler, I wonder what Zaheer is?

Zaheer is also no great bowler. I don't think anyone ever claimed that.

He is the best we have now but that doesn't make him great.

Also, I am not sure why there is so much emphasis on this "average" in case of Shoaib. This is not one of the major metrics for the greatness of a bowler.

Shoaib Akhtar had all of 178 wickets from 46 tests, marked by frequent breakdowns and indiscipline and going in and out of the team. Are these the figures of even a good bowler, let alone a great one? These are mediocre figures.

Also, if you look at the test bowlers with the maximum wickets, you will see several names on top of him with a better "average", people you may have never even heard the names!

Greatness or even being a top bowler needs much more than an "average" of 25 in test.

I grant he was an exciting bowler to watch at times. But lack of discipline, hard work and basic mental toughness meant his potential went mostly waste.

Now, let's take One days. Our J. Srinath and Agarkar among others have a better "average" than Shoaib. Doesn't mean they were necesarrily better bowlers or great bowlers.

He has indulged in a cheap stunt. Frankly, I personally won't care for him so much. He is one of the also rans in the cricketing world in the larger scheme of things. Not sure why he had to open his mouth about the cricketers who have real achievements behind them, not a lot of gas.

P.s I am in no way supporting his claim regarding Sachin and Dravid. Both of them are world beaters in their own way and I think I have mentioned it before that I have personally met Dravid when he came to Pakistan in 2004/05 and I found him a very humble and down to earth guy. He is a true gentlemen and excellent ambassador of the game. Shoaib's comments are childish and immature.

source: Shoaib Akhtar | Cricket365 | Stats & Records | International | Cricket365 | Cricket News
Zaheer Khan | Cricket365 | Stats & Records | International | Cricket365 | Cricket News

I agree with you. He has been childish and foolish in spitting at the sky.

Shoaib Akhtar was known as 'Rawalpindi express', then this express was removed from the track like many other express trains due to lack of funds, fuel or engines. See Pakistan Railways suspends six trains – The Express Tribune) ;)

He was like a sprinter who ran 100 meters in full and then exhausted no comparison with marathon runners. He was a hare who slept/was put to sleep during the race, and then he woke up and looked for who did it with him.

Who is selling the book Let me know where and I will buy it I need to read this book with tea and some buscuits

The truth revealed......Sachin is not a match winner

Shoaib can learn some humility from Sachin. Besides being a great ambassador for the game Sachin's talent and with the great humility he carries himself speaks for itself.

Sometime down the line I am sure Sachin will come out with his book. I am sure he will not be using gimmicks and sensationalism to sell them.

I just had to post this. Amul's creative team is the one of wittiest in India and come up with brilliant campaigns based on recent events. This is their latest gem!

300194_10150303630102493_725987492_8310741_835754771_n.jpg

Being the fastest bowler in the history of the cricket he has every right to make such a statement. On a side note Tendulkar was terrible against Saeed Ajmal in the Semis. Not COOL

Sachin is nothing in front of Imran Khan as a great cricketing personality, but you don't see Pakistanis making an event out of his career and worshiping him. Indians need to take a chill pill.

Zaheer is also no great bowler. I don't think anyone ever claimed that.

He is the best we have now but that doesn't make him great.

Also, I am not sure why there is so much emphasis on this "average" in case of Shoaib. This is not one of the major metrics for the greatness of a bowler.

Shoaib Akhtar had all of 178 wickets from 46 tests, marked by frequent breakdowns and indiscipline and going in and out of the team. Are these the figures of even a good bowler, let alone a great one? These are mediocre figures.

Also, if you look at the test bowlers with the maximum wickets, you will see several names on top of him with a better "average", people you may have never even heard the names!

Greatness or even being a top bowler needs much more than an "average" of 25 in test.

I grant he was an exciting bowler to watch at times. But lack of discipline, hard work and basic mental toughness meant his potential went mostly waste.

Now, let's take One days. Our J. Srinath and Agarkar among others have a better "average" than Shoaib. Doesn't mean they were necesarrily better bowlers or great bowlers.

He has indulged in a cheap stunt. Frankly, I personally won't care for him so much. He is one of the also rans in the cricketing world in the larger scheme of things. Not sure why he had to open his mouth about the cricketers who have real achievements behind them, not a lot of gas.

I agree with you. He has been childish and foolish in spitting at the sky.

Hi,

Here is some basic information---it has to do with engineering principals----take all car engines created equal----it is a proven fact that the engines that are driven within 40---60% of their performance last longer---as compared to those which are revved up to maxx rpm's-----. High performance machines are fun and exhilerating---but then they break down as well---now does that stop people from owning their porsches, audi R8's, corvettes etc etc---no it don't.

It is all simple common sense---I am pretty sure all my indian colleagues are pretty educated over here---.

Once and if whence you have a speedster of true world class calibre----you would not stop bragging about him for eons to come----it will be like the second coming of the messiah----.

Srinath and Agarkars and Zaheer and Pathan they are steady---are they exciting----no the best but they keep on going but just like a phut phut----.

I am sure that if Akhtar was an indian had talked about pakistani batsmen being scared of his----you would have declared him another 'deity' ( no disrespect ) just like Tendulkar.

Hi,

Here is some basic information---it has to do with engineering principals----take all car engines created equal----it is a proven fact that the engines that are driven within 40---60% of their performance last longer---as compared to those which are revved up to maxx rpm's-----. High performance machines are fun and exhilerating---but then they break down as well---now does that stop people from owning their porsches, audi R8's, corvettes etc etc---no it don't.

It is all simple common sense---I am pretty sure all my indian colleagues are pretty educated over here---.

Once and if whence you have a speedster of true world class calibre----you would not stop bragging about him for eons to come----it will be like the second coming of the messiah----.

Srinath and Agarkars and Zaheer and Pathan they are steady---are they exciting----no the best but they keep on going but just like a phut phut----.

I am sure that if Akhtar was an indian had talked about pakistani batsmen being scared of his----you would have declared him another 'deity' ( no disrespect ) just like Tendulkar.

I agree he was an exciting bowler.

At times.

Just speed doesn't make anyone "world class calibre".

See, I have no intention to disparage him. His figures do that for him.

The Pakistani bowlers that have been impressive and world class are the two Ws.

And Imran Khan in his prime for some years.

Shoaib was a lot more gas than any substance.

PS: Do you think cricketers like your two Ws, Imran, Sachin, Gavaskar, Ponting, Lara, McGrath, Holding, Marshal, Kapil, Murali, Kumble were "driven within 40---60% of their performance"?

They delivered great sustained results for a long time and that made them great cricketers.

Back
Top Bottom