SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

the photos do not appear hk299792458 !

I try again...

militairej2102342012103.jpg

militairej2102352012103.jpg

militairej2102362012103.jpg

militairej2102372012103.jpg

:coffee:

They are many decades away from induction and moreover China is mostly dependent of foreign tech for acionics and engine so it will take time. Right now these are plane which look like 5th gen planes thats all.

Another Indian that wants to put China down just so that he can feel better about India's many failures.

Avionics - Ever heard of indigenous systems on J-10, JF-17, KJ-2000 and now the Type-052D second generation AESA? If Chinese radars were so bad there is no way that Pakistan would have cut the order for the Swedish Erieye AWACS in order to purchase Chinese ZDK-03 AWACS - ample proof that the performance of the 2 systems are comparable.

Engines - you have a slight point there but China, along with Russia and US, is only the 3rd country in the world that can make 130KN class military turbofans. The successful introduction of the 130KN WS-10A in 2010 means that by the latter half of this decade then it is guaranteed that China at the least will be able to make a 4.5 generation engine if not a full 5th generation engine.

China by 2020 will have an overall military technological level second only to the US. All others Russia, UK and France will be overtaken.

When I look at these J-20 and J-31, my memory flash back to how miserable Chinese fighters in 1980s, we only got J-6 (mig-19) and J-7 (Mig-21) while all our surrounding countries got the best of the best what they could afforded:

Vietname: Mig-23
India: Mig23, Mig-25, Mig-29
Japan: F-4, F-15
Korea: F-16

Now the table is really turning around, I couldn't imagine at that time to see what we're today...when I saw Americain artistc sketch of the ATF (advanced tactical fighter)...I just said to myself...it's a wet dream to see that in Chinese airforce in my life time...but funny that thing happened beyond my expectation, no matter how inferior J-20 or J-31 compare to F-22 and F-35...at least we Chineses have proven ourself that we're not to be left behind and to be denied.

but as far as pakistan is concerned ,it plays role of a know-it-all spectator of a ongoing fude of mistrusts among two giants,hoping one to take on the other.but china and india are too big and responsible to act naiive. as days will pass ,militancy will rise ,leadership will fall,pak will inevitably collapse(no hard feelings),china will lose its universal customer,focus on kasgar(checking infiltration) and though for different reasons ,these two asian giants,despite of their constitutional differences will be working together,because as far as counter-insurgency is concerned india even trains US officials.:)

This is funny and pretty retarded. So you guys hate China, try to compete against it as if you are superpower and the love of the west. But then when you see yourself lagging behind, you try to portray yourself as 'friend of China', the 'Two Giants' working 'Together' for the common human cause !! In which case, Pakistan becomes the bad guy trying to play both 'the Giants' against each other. Really?? Can you post anything more retarded than this? What a waste of writing, posting and hard drive space! Btw, the two 'GIANTS' exist because of the jobs that we, the American 'outsources' to you the 'Giants' in order to bring your middle class up (and disintegrate ours I guess). American salaries at work, creating 'Two Giants' in Asia!! What a joke!

Well, I am not aviation expert, just an hobby internet user :D
You are right. They are different. But they look like a twin to me.

image-352022-galleryV9-xwss.jpg

US F-22

image-420783-galleryV9-jnli.jpg

Chinese J-31
Apart from both being fifth generation fighters, there are a lot of physical difference as can be seen in the images you posted above.
Tail Fin, Vertical Stabilizers, Air intakes, even the front delta wings!!

Anyway, no point in discussing the copy paste phenomena! there are lot more to do in fifth generation planes, even copying is not a walk in a park let alone some country developing a totally indigenous one! All credit to Chinese engineers!
The latest development in form of a J-20, J-31 combo speaks volume of Chinese progress in aircraft building.

New photo of Project 310, 310-01, we can clearly see the VTP and the eagle. I think that this photo has been taken from someone working in the 112th factory...

militairej210239.jpg

Edit : Once again, the nomination of J-31 is completely wrong, please change the title of this thread...

I heard that the CEO of AVIC, Zuoming ZIN, had visited Shenyang during the maiden flight period of Project 310.

I think this photo had been taken during his visite in the Fast Manufacturing System Center of 112th Factory. Pay attention on the badge in the arms, it's the same eagle insignia as printed on 310-01.

LIN is the second one from the right.

KT9cX.jpg

Is that "Project 310" official name? Where does it come from?

Is that "Project 310" official name? Where does it come from?

All media "invent" the name of "J-31" because the number printed on the aircraft is 31001, and so everyone think that it means J-31 aircraft 001, but it is false.

Firstly, on aircraft program can receive the official reference J-xx if and only if it is an officially regconized program, it means only program "ordered" by airforce/navy/amy could receive these J-xx references, which is not the case here with this aircraft program which is a "privately" funded by AVIC.

That's also the reason for why in all J-20 aircrafts you can find the August 1st red star, and on 31001 you can only see an eagle insignia.

Actually, when we read 31001, it means Project 310 aircraft 01.

Firstly, on aircraft program can receive the official reference J-xx if and only if it is an officially regconized program, it means only program "ordered" by airforce/navy/amy could receive these J-xx references, which is not the case here with this aircraft program which is a "privately" funded by AVIC.

That's also the reason for why in all J-20 aircrafts you can find the August 1st red star, and on 31001 you can only see an eagle insignia.

Actually, when we read 31001, it means Project 310 aircraft 01.

I'm hoping AVIC will release some information on this project in Zhuahi Airshow 2012. The photos release of this new stealth aircraft few weeks before this airshow makes perfect sense.

Back
Top Bottom