What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Notice the one piece canopy.

j31.png

Credit wanglaokan.

The end product will most likely end up with a one piece canopy. It is meant to be a stealth fighter after all.

The end product will most likely end up with a one piece canopy. It is meant to be a stealth fighter after all.

not necessarily, if its for aircraft carriers then its advisable to have a stronger canopy and the cheapest way to do that is two-piece, of course they could spend more money and do something like the f-35 which is one-piece with a brace under the canopy.

Yup and I just couldn't help but remember the time when the first pictures came out followed by Indians pointing out the lack of a one piece canopy. That is when cirr said that this bird will soon have a one piece canopy.

Yup and I just couldn't help but remember the time when the first pictures came out followed by Indians pointing out the lack of a one piece canopy. That is when cirr said that this bird will soon have a one piece canopy.

Our Pakistani brothers might like to acquire a few of these for their Thunders:

120947rrxuewg4g7p5pwoo.jpg.thumb.jpg

Keywords:400,standoff,supersonic。

:cheers:

not necessarily, if its for aircraft carriers then its advisable to have a stronger canopy and the cheapest way to do that is two-piece, of course they could spend more money and do something like the f-35 which is one-piece with a brace under the canopy.

I'm pretty sure the wiser heads have it all figured out by now and have already laid down a road map for the f-31. Right now it is going through the initial test phase, as it progresses, we will see 02, 03 etc get introduced, each will come with slight modifications to speed up the test in a similar fashion to the J-20. My guess that they are not doing a one piece canopy now is mostly cost related. The technology and expertise are already there for when they need it.

Indians are clueless at everything.

I've got to say i really love the way China is going in the development of weapons, steady and fast. Never puff anything but just buckle down hardworking. DRDO and HAL should definitely learn some from China.

Some photos from Zhuhai Air Show 2012, installation of the stands is always on going...

fXTuX.jpg

OOOhi.jpg

493At.jpg

jz3Hl.jpg

9sQ78.jpg

BRsIh.jpg

JcdD5.jpg

Is it possible to create a sticky thread dedicated for Zhuhai Air Show 2012, so that everyone can post some videos and photos taken from the exhibition?

:coffee:

well,even farnborough air show dont have a sticky thread.maybe a normal one is ok enough.

i hopethey'll release some rough specs of radar and other electronic suites, not just display model or video.

Guys does anyone know what HMDS will be used on the J-31/20? A good HMDS is a must for any wannabe 5TH gen fighter.

so you think this project started from just recent years?
are you kidding...
almost all strong military powers follow the same pattern "deploy one generation, develop the next gen, forecast the next next gen"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom