What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

The rumor has already dispelled, the 601 and their buddies tried their best to force(through their connection in AVIC leadership etc) the PLAN accept their FC-31 in a closed-door deal and the PLAN still reject that, instead they prefer J-20 navy version or some new heavy weight twin engine fighters in an open-bidding. Like I said before, due to the wide adoption of long range anti-ship missiles it is almost a crime to try to use a medium weight short range fighter as your backbone of the fleet defence.

The US has made a bigly yuge mistake of picking F-35 as their only navy fighter, it is best to take full advantage of their mistakes, instead of repeating their mistakes to help them get even, which is borderline treason.

And basically now FC-31 is only a hull and given the history of 601/SAC (PLAN lost two pilots of J-15 due to crap flight control system designed by 601), it is only reasonable to believe that chance are, the PLAN will try their best to avoid any more carrier-based fighter from 601/SAC.

Please, do not take regional discrimination to this thread. South and North are both good Chinese Design Bureau. And the leader of AVIC had been replaced.

The rumor has already dispelled, the 601 and their buddies tried their best to force(through their connection in AVIC leadership etc) the PLAN accept their FC-31 in a closed-door deal and the PLAN still reject that, instead they prefer J-20 navy version or some new heavy weight twin engine fighters in an open-bidding. Like I said before, due to the wide adoption of long range anti-ship missiles it is almost a crime to try to use a medium weight short range fighter as your backbone of the fleet defence.

The US has made a bigly yuge mistake of picking F-35 as their only navy fighter, it is best to take full advantage of their mistakes, instead of repeating their mistakes to help them get even, which is borderline treason.

And basically now FC-31 is only a hull and given the history of 601/SAC (PLAN lost two pilots of J-15 due to crap flight control system designed by 601), it is only reasonable to believe that chance are, the PLAN will try their best to avoid any more carrier-based fighter from 601/SAC.

We can't be sure since there are still rumors (coming from sensor suppliers and such) that the PLAN prefers an enlarged version of the FC-31 design. However, there has been no indication, rumored or otherwise, that the PLAN prefers a J-20 variant or a larger airframe.

We can't be sure since there are still rumors (coming from sensor suppliers and such) that the PLAN prefers an enlarged version of the FC-31 design. However, there has been no indication, rumored or otherwise, that the PLAN prefers a J-20 variant or a larger airframe.

Actually there are rumor from a very creditable source suggesting the later.And common sense suggesting chance are pretty little the PLAN would prefer a underfunded under-developed FC-31 over J-20, especially given SAC's track record.

PLAN can put twin-engine heavy fighter on a small CV like Liaoning, it must be pure fantasy that they would rather settle for less for their much larger nucluear-powered EM-launching CV with a medium weighted fighter.

And no, AVIC cannot force PLAN to buy FC-31, espeically considering the fact now Yang Wei is one of the only two scientists from military industry that become standing member of central commitee, and you have already seen the power of such position in the case of replacing steam-powered launcher with EM launcher in Type-002, so FC-31's chance is estentially zero.

Actually there are rumor from a very creditable source suggesting the later.And common sense suggesting chance are pretty little the PLAN would prefer a underfunded under-developed FC-31 over J-20, especially given SAC's track record.

PLAN can put twin-engine heavy fighter on a small CV like Liaoning, it must be pure fantasy that they would rather settle for less for their much larger nucluear-powered EM-launching CV with a medium weighted fighter.

And no, AVIC cannot force PLAN to buy FC-31, espeically considering the fact now Yang Wei is one of the only two scientists from military industry that become standing member of central commitee, and you have already seen the power of such position in the case of replacing steam-powered launcher with EM launcher in Type-002, so FC-31's chance is estentially zero.

Where is the original rumor from, can you link me to it? Both heavy and medium-weight fighters have their own distinct set of advantages and disadvantages; neither you nor I know what sort of balance the PLAN chooses between having additional range or being able to carry more fighters per vessel.

it's weird.

I think naval version should be a multirole type instead of air superiority with ability of low level flight so can someone give a light who fit more in this case navalized J20 or bigger version of J31 with better engine.

advantages and disadvantages of their shape?

Where is the original rumor from, can you link me to it? Both heavy and medium-weight fighters have their own distinct set of advantages and disadvantages; neither you nor I know what sort of balance the PLAN chooses between having additional range or being able to carry more fighters per vessel.

Here you are: https://lt.cjdby.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2457489

You need a really good grasp of Chinese language to understand what he says here, btw.

Why they just enlarge the fuselage of FC31 and fit it with two powerful WS10x engine?

Yep you can always enlarge it like they did with the Super Hornet.

I do not think it can be enlarged so much that it can hold WS-10X but the WS-13X 5th generation engine will be powerful enough and long-ranged for carrier operations in the Asia-Pacific. The J-20 just seems too big to put on a carrier.

Yep you can always enlarge it like they did with the Super Hornet.

I do not think it can be enlarged so much that it can hold WS-10X but the WS-13X 5th generation engine will be powerful enough and long-ranged for carrier operations in the Asia-Pacific. The J-20 just seems too big to put on a carrier.
J20 is just too big for carrier.

J20 is just too big for carrier.

Better to have 50 enlarged J-31s than 36-40 J-20s on a carrier.

I do not understand why they are not following this route and just use cut-down avionics from J-20 like the radar etc.

The reason why the F-35 too so long and was so complex was they wanted to make a completely different aircraft to F-22. An enlarged J-31 that took everything from the J-20 bar the engines would not be too costly and highly advanced air-plane that could be delivered quite quickly.

Here you are: https://lt.cjdby.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2457489

You need a really good grasp of Chinese language to understand what he says here, btw.

Thanks for the link. We discussed this very rumor a few days ago on this forum and SDF, and the consensus among members is that it really doesn't tell us much since there are multiple ways to interpret this rumor (a poem or riddle, actually).

Thanks for the link. We discussed this very rumor a few days ago on this forum and SDF, and the consensus among members is that it really doesn't tell us much since there are multiple ways to interpret this rumor (a poem or riddle, actually).

Maybe there are many way to interpret it, but there will only be one reasonable way to interpret the rumor, if you understand Chinese well, and be familiar with Chinese weapons.

If you find another way to interpret it, tell me and I will tell you where the illogical part of your interpretion is.

Back
Top Bottom