What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

A bit more research can do wonders. The WS-10 already powers the J-11B (since 2009), J-16, as well as the prototypes of the J-15 and J-10B, which is a testament of its relative maturity. The engine produces more wet thrust than the Al-31 that the PLAAF currently adopts.

The fact that the production J-31/15/10B doesn't currently use Chinese engines can be due to a host of reasons, which does not necessarily have to entail the issue of performance of reliability.

Not necessarily but quite possibly.

Until there is further light or information shed on this matter, it is better to temper the urge to make rash conclusions.

I never make rash conclusions unlike ur country men who claim russian engines are past the date:coffee:.
I just say u guys are still years behind.

I never make rash conclusions unlike ur country men who claim russian engines are past the date:coffee:.
I just say u guys are still years behind.

That, unfortunately, is another rash conclusion.

Not at all............considering u guys are still going for russian engines in majority of aircraft.
Engines take time.
JH-7A uses WS-9A(domestic engine), J-11B/BH, J-11BS,J-16 and J-15 uses WS-10A/H. J-20 uses WS-10G. Only J-10A uses AL-31FN(russia). Even the H-6k uses WS-18 engine.

Our Navy uses all domestic gas turbine.

JH-7A uses WS-9A(domestic engine), J-11B/BH, J-11BS,J-16 and J-15 uses WS-10A/H. J-20 uses WS-10G. Only J-10A uses AL-31FN(russia). Even the H-6k uses WS-18 engine.

Our Navy uses all domestic gas turbine.

Everything is debatable in ur post and 0 proof exists.
If not please quote me the thrust figures of these engines along with total life from any source.

I mean any source,,i really have no idea if u are speaking truth or not.

If not please quote me the thrust figures of these engines along with total life from any source.

) proof? More like you try to continue your delusion. UK has stop export of Sprey engine in the mid-2000 plus the old sprey thrust is not good enough for heavy upgraded JH-7A version. WS-9II is an upgraded of old sprey engine developed with longer lifespan, high thrust that meets the 21st century needs.

JH-7 Chief Designer: Qinling-2 Turbofan is competitive to French M53-P2 engine | China Defense Mashup

As for WS-10A, i think I do not need to go thru that again. I have prove many times and repeated enough.

Even our JL-9 advance trainer uses WP-13 Kunlun engine.

China is developing WS-18 for H-6K Bomber | China Defense Mashup

New H-6K uses a newly develop domestic WS-18 to replace D-30K turbofan.

Y-9 transport plane who debuts in 2014 zhuhai airshow uses WJ-6 turboprop.

That will make PLAAF using 80% domestic engine to power the fleet.

Not at all............considering u guys are still going for russian engines in majority of aircraft.
Engines take time.

Sure, the Chinese are still quite reliant on Russian engines. But that does not necessarily imply that the quality or performance of Chinese engines are the sole factors to blame here. Not all platforms were designed with Chinese engines in mind and not all Chinese engines are produced in sufficient quantities capable of satisfying the rate of airframe production, to name a few examples.

WS-10's maximum thrust is 14,000 kgf, confirmed at Zhuhai 2014.

Taihang Engine 14000 kgf 2.jpg

Here is the WS-10 on full display at Zhuhai 2014

222758l5mpgxujhm5fmhmm.jpg

Recent interview confirms several things:

- WS-10 thrust-to-weight ratio is 8.
- WS-10 is in mass production.
- Maximum thrust is 14,000 kgf.
- Engine life is 1,500 hours.

Here is a link to the interview.

涡扇10研发人员:中美发动机差距不到10年|中国|发动机|珠海航展_新浪军事

It's in Chinese. However, you can certainly use Bing Translator to confirm what I just said. Happy now?

WS-10's maximum thrust is 14,000 kgf, confirmed at Zhuhai 2014.

View attachment 158992

Here is the WS-10 on full display at Zhuhai 2014

View attachment 158993

Recent interview confirms several things:

- WS-10 thrust-to-weight ratio is 8.
- WS-10 is in mass production.
- Maximum thrust is 14,000 kgf.
- Engine life is 1,500 hours.

Here is a link to the interview.

涡扇10研发人员:中美发动机差距不到10年|中国|发动机|珠海航展_新浪军事

It's in Chinese. However, you can certainly use Bing Translator to confirm what I just said. Happy now?

Yes,i am a reasonable man just asking for proof:D
See that life of 1500 hours is same as al-31f series,,,,rd-33mk,rd-93,idz 117s and idz 117 all are at 4000 hours.

Plus 117S HAS T/W OF 10.5.

But sure u guys are making good progress:tup::china:

WS-10 is a project of national strategic importance. You don't have to worry about China not supporting or funding this engine.

With this engine, we can finally begin mass production of large numbers of J-10B/C, J-11B, J-11D, J-15, and J-16. No need for the Su-35.

And this is one of the reasons why I believe there is a secret J-XX fighter powered by WS-10. This is China's most mature engine. It's already in service with the J-11B. How dumb would you have to be to ignore the WS-10 and go for WS-13 for your next-gen stealth fighter? We don't even have a picture of the FC-1/JF-17 being powered by WS-13 for Pete's sake.

So my conclusion is that WS-13 is a low priority engine for export planes like FC-1/JF-17 and FC-31.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom