What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

If we can copy F-22, i say PLS~! (now China only lack thrust vectoring engines for FC-31)

f22_01.jpg

My hope is the engine. The PLAAF doesn't operate any planes with RD-93/WS-13. Why would it suddenly start now? A slightly enlarged FC-31 powered by WS-10 would make perfect sense to me. The WS-10 is a mature engine already in service with the J-11B/BS. It always baffled me why China would ignore the WS-10 and go for RD-93/WS-13 in the first place. RD-93 is a foreign engine and we have no news regarding the status of WS-13. But perhaps the answer is very simple. The FC-31 with RD-93/WS-13 is an export plane sharing the same engines as FC-1/JF-17. A completely different plane will be in service with the PLAAF to form the 'low' end of the high-low mix. The high end will be J-20 powered by WS-15. This is all just a theory of mine.

Which engine of china is capable of 4000 hours life yet??
There may be reliability concerns and thats why j-20 still flies with al-31 and j-31 is using rd-93.

If rd-93/33 remains as a final engine the performance of the aircraft will be mediocre in aerodynamics at best as these engines are producing just 84-88 kn each.

Which engine of china is capable of 4000 hours life yet??
There may be reliability concerns and thats why j-20 still flies with al-31 and j-31 is using rd-93.

If rd-93/33 remains as a final engine the performance of the aircraft will be mediocre in aerodynamics at best as these engines are producing just 84-88 kn each.

Russian engines are passe。

All shall be revealed in good time。Bear with us and have patience。:D

Russian engines are passe。

All shall be revealed in good time。Bear with us and have patience。:D

I am not a fool to get to ur propaganda.
Rome is not built in one day,,,progress of ws engines will take time and it will take years before it can come to the level of rd series,,,forget about idz 117s and 117 and the future idz 30:lol:

I am not a fool to get to ur propaganda.
Rome is not built in one day,,,progress of ws engines will take time and it will take years before it can come to the level of rd series,,,forget about idz 117s and 117 and the future idz 30:lol:
The truth is WS taihang engines are not new neither. 6 years has passed since it certify. Now is nearing mature period and up thrust.

The truth is WS taihang engines are not new neither. 6 years has passed since it certify. Now is nearing mature period and up thrust.

Ya.thats why fc-31 and j-20 still flying in russian engines??
WS will need years before it can even match up to the old warhorse al-31,,,let alone modern powerplants.

WS will need years before it can even match up to the old warhorse al-31,,,let alone modern powerplants.
lol! J-20 is running on WS-10G. J-31 is not even endorsed by PLAAF. Lost of words?
Your kaveri engine is not even fit to fly on LCA prototype. But a swipe at me? Why not look into the mirror and see what technology level india is at? Garbage :lol:
Chinese_PLANAF_J-11BH_intercept_US_Navy_P-8A_MPA_1.jpg

Chinese J-11BH 'aggressive' with USN P-8A, says DoD - IHS Jane's 360

Operational J-11BH intercept USN P-8A spotted fitted with Taihang WS-10A engine and photo taken by USN.

I don't think that would be feasible. It may require a total redesign of the airframe.

It's feasible and yes it would require a redesign. The US was planning a larger FB-22 based on the F-22. Obviously you would have to spend more money to do it, but certain technologies can be transfered over from the F-22 to lower costs.

It's all just a theory of mine so bear with me.

I don't believe the FC-31 is a PLAAF plane. The PLAAF has never operated any planes with RD-93/WS-13 and I don't see why they would suddenly start now. Basically, I believe the FC-31 is the stealth equivalent to the FC-1 program. Both are purpose built export planes and both share the same engines.

The fact that China built both the FC-1 and J-10 is a good example. The FC-1 was purpose built for export. The J-10 was designed for PLAAF use. China had the money to design and build two separate single engine fighters. The VT4 tank is another example. It's built for the export market. China doesn't use it.

So if J-20 with WS-15 is the 'high-end' of the high-low mix, what's the 'low-end' if it's not the FC-31? I believe there is a third J-XX that has yet to be revealed. A stealth fighter slightly smaller than the PAK FA powered by two WS-10 engines is something China can very easily do. It would also be a 'low risk' program to ensure that China had a stealth fighter if the J-20 failed.

Another possibility is a J-XX powered by a single WS-15 like this.

jxx 1.jpg

Or that ostrich may kick someone ignorant to wake him up to reality:rofl:
WHat reality? Indian engine technology surpassed China? Please back your words. My description of Indian as ostrich hiding their is perfect correct. I have always post photo and links as affirmative while Indian ostrich will posed nothing constructive in their reply. You want to live in delusion, I am not stopping you but if you want to create false lies then I have the obligation to expose inferiority complex.

It's feasible and yes it would require a redesign. The US was planning a larger FB-22 based on the F-22. Obviously you would have to spend more money to do it, but certain technologies can be transfered over from the F-22 to lower costs.

It's all just a theory of mine so bear with me.

I don't believe the FC-31 is a PLAAF plane. The PLAAF has never operated any planes with RD-93/WS-13 and I don't see why they would suddenly start now. Basically, I believe the FC-31 is the stealth equivalent to the FC-1 program. Both are purpose built export planes and both share the same engines.

The fact that China built both the FC-1 and J-10 is a good example. The FC-1 was purpose built for export. The J-10 was designed for PLAAF use. China had the money to design and build two separate single engine fighters. The VT4 tank is another example. It's built for the export market. China doesn't use it.

So if J-20 with WS-15 is the 'high-end' of the high-low mix, what's the 'low-end' if it's not the FC-31? I believe there is a third J-XX that has yet to be revealed. A stealth fighter slightly smaller than the PAK FA powered by two WS-10 engines is something China can very easily do. It would also be a 'low risk' program to ensure that China had a stealth fighter if the J-20 failed.

Another possibility is a J-XX powered by a single WS-15 like this.

View attachment 158600

Not neccessary. If mid thrust engine of WS-13 is successful. PLAAF may design an carrier based aircraft based on that domestic engine. Mid size and larger J-15 combo onboard carrier is still the best feasible solution. If PLANAF design another aircraft around WS-10A, it will end up another large carrier borne aircraft.

Not neccessary. If mid thrust engine of WS-13 is successful. PLAAF may design an carrier based aircraft based on that domestic engine. Mid size and larger J-15 combo onboard carrier is still the best feasible solution. If PLANAF design another aircraft around WS-10A, it will end up another large carrier borne aircraft.

Having two large aircraft is fine, one stealth and one non-stealth. The USAF operates both the F-22 and F-15. There's nothing wrong with that.

Let me just put it like this. If I were in charge of the PLAAF, and I had to choose between a stealth fighter with WS-13 or a stealth fighter with WS-10, I would choose WS-10 hands down.

The WS-13 is not operational as far as we know. China doesn't operate any aircraft at all with RD-93/WS-13. The FC-1/JF-17 isn't in service with the PLAAF. We don't even have a picture of the WS-13. The WS-13 was a no-show at Zhuhai 2014.

Meanwhile, the WS-10 offers more thrust and is a mature design. It already powers the J-11B/BS. China has already shown the ability to design and build two stealth fighters. China has tons of money. It would be very easy to do a third J-XX powered by WS-10. It would be a low risk project. We won't have to wait for WS-15. The aircraft would be ready now.

This is of course just a theory. But I still believe there is a third stealth fighter.

A bit more research can do wonders. The WS-10 already powers the J-11B (since 2009), J-16, as well as the prototypes of the J-15 and J-10B, which is a testament of its relative maturity. The engine produces more wet thrust than the Al-31 that the PLAAF currently adopts.

The fact that the production J-31/15/10B doesn't currently use Chinese engines can be due to a host of reasons, which does not necessarily have to entail the issue of performance of reliability.

Back
Top Bottom