What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

104609fo5327txmr1zd6ww.jpg
112449r9o2oz795b2ber4t.jpg
53ca4a59gw1embytm7iylj21jk111qar.jpg

i think its a complete aircraft already.. anything which is in need to be improved is that smoky engine

either pics have very good resolution or this is transforming into a true black beauty :)

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan plans to buy the fourth generation stealth fighter aircraft from China to boost its defence capability, according to a media report.

The matter was being discussed with Chinese authorities, minister for defence production Rana Tanveer Hussain was quoted as saying by the Dawn newspaper.

“It is for the first time that a senior government functionary has confirmed talks with China over purchase of the longer-range stealth aircraft — an issue that has been a subject of speculation in defence circles since the 10th edition of the Zhuhai Air Show (China) held earlier this month, when the aircraft was unveiled,” the paper reported.

The Jane’s Defence Weekly also quoted an unnamed Pakistani official as saying that the Pakistan Air Force was in talks with China to buy 30 to 40 of the Shenyang FC-31 fighters.

There will be a heavier version of the FC-31 for PLAAF use.

A heavier version? i wonder what the differences will be between the one for PLAAF and the export model.

A heavier version? i wonder what the differences will be between the one for PLAAF and the export model.

My hope is the engine. The PLAAF doesn't operate any planes with RD-93/WS-13. Why would it suddenly start now? A slightly enlarged FC-31 powered by WS-10 would make perfect sense to me. The WS-10 is a mature engine already in service with the J-11B/BS. It always baffled me why China would ignore the WS-10 and go for RD-93/WS-13 in the first place. RD-93 is a foreign engine and we have no news regarding the status of WS-13. But perhaps the answer is very simple. The FC-31 with RD-93/WS-13 is an export plane sharing the same engines as FC-1/JF-17. A completely different plane will be in service with the PLAAF to form the 'low' end of the high-low mix. The high end will be J-20 powered by WS-15. This is all just a theory of mine.

My hope is the engine. The PLAAF doesn't operate any planes with RD-93/WS-13. Why would it suddenly start now? A slightly enlarged FC-31 powered by WS-10 would make perfect sense to me. The WS-10 is a mature engine already in service with the J-11B/BS. It always baffled me why China would ignore the WS-10 and go for RD-93/WS-13 in the first place. RD-93 is a foreign engine and we have no news regarding the status of WS-13. But perhaps the answer is very simple. The FC-31 with RD-93/WS-13 is an export plane sharing the same engines as FC-1/JF-17. A completely different plane will be in service with the PLAAF to form the 'low' end of the high-low mix. The high end will be J-20 powered by WS-15. This is all just a theory of mine.

I don't think that would be feasible. It may require a total redesign of the airframe.

Back
Top Bottom