What's new

Russian Navy Gets New Carrier-Based MIG-29K Fighters

hmm interesting news, thanks for the posts. My favor is IN should go for Su30mki navel varient.
@bloo

Thanks Man.

Su 30 is too heavy for the careers that India have. It will decrease the life of Career. And after all we have to use the career mostly for DEFENSE purpose and not to go far away and attack some country. Mig 29 fits in the role batter I believe. Naval Tejas is coming.

Its good news. Since RN is also using Mig-29K, further upgrades will be shared by both IN and RN.

Isn't it 45? 16+29?
Yes, typo I guess.

Its good news. Since RN is also using Mig-29K, further upgrades will be shared by both IN and RN.

Actually, they will press us again for money to do upgrades and benefit from it. That's the whole point with the Mig 29Ks anway, don't forget that we are and will remain the prime customer of it and not RN. MoD and IN has to push for Indian upgrades for our Mig 29Ks, to make us less dependent from Russian cost increases over the next 30 years. Basically the techs that were aimed at LCA, indigenous AESA to replace Zhuk ME later, Kaveri engine to replace RD33MK, indigenous weapons to replace Russian once...

No, best choice would be F-18 Stealth Hornet for our next catobar aircraft carrier. Along with 2 Squadrons of S/VTOL F-35 for our LHD/LPDs to function as a makeshift carrier.

There is no stealth in the Silent Hornet, only reduced RCS since it won't have a stealthy airframe, nor will it carry all weapons internally. However, it's a cost-effective stop gap solution if we get catapults and want to develop a CATOBAR capable fighter on our own.
F35Bs on LHD/LDP makes no sense when you have dedicated aircraft carriers, that's an option for Australia, Japan and S. Korea, but not for us.

Back
Top Bottom