What's new

Russian Military Intervention Reality Check

All the Russians have shown the world is how ill-prepared they are for an actual conflict. The USAF wouldn't even need their full force, let alone NATO, one of their forward deployed fighter wings would decimate these clowns.
this is not a full wartime deployment in a hot war with NATO, it's mostly symbolic, it'll keep the Americans from bombing SAA, and, in working with the SAA, I'm sure they'll be quite successful against the jihadist forces they're going after.

this is not a full wartime deployment in a hot war with NATO, it's mostly symbolic,
Exactly right. It is all about being seen to do something. So why in a campaign dominated by optics are the Russians using outdated technology? This is either ill-concevied or it is telling of Russia's wider troubles (financial and a military with rot setting in).

Exactly right. It is all about being seen to do something. So why in a campaign dominated by optics are the Russians using outdated technology? This is either ill-concevied or it is telling of Russia's wider troubles (financial and a military with rot setting in).

Russia knows what to use to get the job done at minimal cost.

We don't need PDF internet warriors telling the Russian military on how to do their job.

Russia knows what to use to get the job done at minimal cost.
Their superficial campaign has been exposed for what it is, their cost saving measures have been for nought. It is eye-opening if they are that short of funds that they can't allocate a few million for PGMs.

We don't need PDF internet warriors telling the Russian military on how to do their job.
I'm not telling them how to do their job, I am giving my opinion my friend.

been only a few days so far.

give it a month or 2 and let's see how effective they can be in driving back or eliminating jihadists.

and it's not like the US led coalition has been very effective against the terrorists in Syria either, they had to completely level Kobani to stop a sustained IS offensive.

Their superficial campaign has been exposed for what it is, their cost saving measures have been for nought. It is eye-opening if they are that short of funds that they can't allocate a few million for PGMs.

I'm not telling them how to do their job, I am giving my opinion my friend.

Your anti-Russian propaganda here won't save the Wahabi terrorists.

Your opinion doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that Wahabi terrorists die and Assad stays.

This is stupid logic. The whole point of a PGM is that it costs more but that's because you end up using LESS of them because of their increased (and assured) performance. Dropping "dumb" bombs in a campaign such as this is both reckless and nonsensical. I honestly don't understand how the Russians could be so stupid, if you are going to engage in a military operation whose sole purpose is optics (have no doubt this is what Russia's campaign is about) then why be so cheap and project yourselves as foolish and ineffective?

All the Russians have shown the world is how ill-prepared they are for an actual conflict. The USAF wouldn't even need their full force, let alone NATO, one of their forward deployed fighter wings would decimate these clowns.

That is simply no excuse. If 10 days is a "rush" then heaven forbid they are actually forced into a conflict overnight if this is their level of preparedness.

What was Guru Gobind Singh's Preparedness against the mughals? Yet,the sikhs prevailed. Even the Brahmins and the hill Rajas laughed at Guru gobind singh and instead many preferred to save their hides by trying to betray the Guru . During the cold war it was estimated that warsaw pact with its massive conventional superiority would crush the NATO bloc in 48 hours in Western Europe and even prevail in the USA . What Happened ultimately ? Warsaw Pact collapsed.

The winds of time ,The winds of time.

Dropping "dumb" bombs in a campaign such as this is both reckless and nonsensical.

Many are unguided vacuum bomb whose explosion radius is very massive. Gets the job done .Already rebels are screaming about their losses to these weapons,

forward deployed fighter wings would decimate these clowns.]

Like how the Khibiny HPM system shut down USS Donald Cook in the Black Sea. Decimate lol. US forces lost to the bolsheviks in the allied intervention in the Russian civil war. Second,US forces again lost to the joint Russian-chinese-korean forces in the 1950-53 war with Rusian airpower decimating a lion's share of US airforces. and note here that US forces had a more than 200 nukes in their arsenal ,while the russians had only 7-10 nuclear weapons.

While Russians are not the soviet colossus ,they are not as unprepared as you try to portray.

give it a month or 2 and let's see how effective they can be in driving back or eliminating jihadists.
Of course, but there can be no doubt they would be many times more effective (and less prone to collateral damage) were they to employ PGMs.

and it's not like the US led coalition has been very effective against the terrorists in Syria either, they had to completely level Kobani to stop a sustained IS offensive.
The US-led airstrikes may be half-a$$ing it but when you aren't even brining your "A" game (PGMs) to the fight, what does that say of Russia's efforts?

Your anti-Russian propaganda here won't save the Wahabi terrorists.

I'm not anti-Russian per se, I am just pointing out facts.

What was Guru Gobind Singh's Preparedness against the mughals? Yet,the sikhs prevailed. Even the Brahmins and the hill Rajas laughed at Guru gobind singh and instead many preferred to save their hides by trying to betray the Guru .
We are comparing apples and oranges. This is not the 1600s, this is the age of technology-driven warfare.

Like how the Khibiny HPM system shut down USS Donald Cook in the Black Sea. Decimate lol. US forces lost to the bolsheviks in the allied intervention in the Russian civil war. Second,US forces again lost to the joint Russian-chinese-korean forces in the 1950-53 war with Rusian airpower decimating a lion's share of US airforces. and note here that US forces had a more than 200 nukes in their arsenal ,while the russians had only 7-10 nuclear weapons.

The gap between the US forces and the Russians has never been greater than it is today (both technologically and quantitatively). In the context of 2015, a single USAF fighter wing (especially if it was one of those with the F-22) would be more than a match for the entire RuAF, especially considering their performance here.

The only fact that matters is Wahabi terrorists are dying. Unless you support terrorists, you should be happy Russia is killing off these rotten terrorists.
Did I say I wasn't happy about that? I am simply pointing out the flawed and telling approach Russia is taking.

We are comparing apples and oranges. This is not the 1600s, this is the age of technology-driven warfare.

The gap between the US forces and the Russians has never been greater than it is today (both technologically and quantitatively). In the context of 2015, a single USAF fighter wing (especially if it was one of those with the F-22) would be more than a match for the entire RuAF, especially considering their performance here.

Strawman arguments.

Laughable stuff.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

You are making declarations.again and again . As for the RUAF ,I won't worry so much there are considerable ADM systems on their turf. The Donald Cook incident was enough.

And even the 1600's ,there was consistent innovations in qualities of firearms ,bows,arrows,cannons. Today there are consistent innovations in tanks ,aircraft etc.

It is the same.And frankly Russia is much better armed compared to what it was in the Korean wars.

It is the same.And frankly Russia is much better armed compared to what it was in the Korean wars.
It's all relative, I will reiterate that the technological disparity between the two has never been greater since the Russians got their nuclear bomb after WW2. And they don't even have the numbers on their side anymore.........

Wahabi is not a slur. It's a sunni sect founded by Wahab. How is that a slur? How else are we going to differentiate between his sect and a different Sunni sect that does not prescribe itself to wahabi teachings?

It's like a person that follows Marx's teachings claim Marxism is a slur.

Here is dictionary defination for Wahhabi:

Wahhabi - definition of Wahhabi in English from the Oxford dictionary
When u use the word wahab for a person's name it should be referred to as Abdul wahab. Because wahab is the name of Allah.
Allahs-name-Al-Wahab-The-all-giving.png

When u use the word wahab for a person's name it should be referred to as Abdul wahab. Because wahab is the name of Allah.
Allahs-name-Al-Wahab-The-all-giving.png

thank you, kind sir.

but do you know who we were talking of or are you simply trying to legitimize a corruptor of islam??

and didn't you vote in atatwolf's poll yesterday??

It's all relative, I will reiterate that the technological disparity between the two has never been greater since the Russians got their nuclear bomb after WW2. And they don't even have the numbers on their side anymore.........

are you here to support the nato proxy invasion of syria??

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom