What's new

Russian, Indian companies may sign agreement on joint production of coastal missile systems by end

fsayed

Reaction score
Country
India
India’s Walchandnagar Industries and Russia’s Morinformsistema-Agat Concern are close to signing an agreement on joint production of coastal missile systems in India, Manas Kumar Das, Walchandnagar Industries’ director for defense and aerospace programs, said.

Walchandnagar Industries is currently in negotiations with Morinformsistema-Agat Concern on joint production of coastal missile systems, and a Russian delegation will arrive in India shortly to discuss the final details, he told Interfax.

He said he expects that the sides will reach an agreement before the year is over.

Das said that his company is also negotiating the joint production of naval artillery systems with Russia’s Arsenal Design Bureau.

He said that the details of the agreements with Morinformsistema-Agat Concern and Arsenal Design Bureau will be discussed at the International Industrial Trade Fair INNOPROM 2016 in Yekaterinburg on July 11-14, of which India is a strategic partner country.

The possibility of cooperation with other Russian weapons manufacturers is being considered and Walchandnagar Industries is ready to participate in joint production of submarines and tanks, he said.

Walchandnagar Industries also intends to sign a memorandum of understanding with Rosoboronexport, he said.

Walchandnagar Industries is one of the largest manufacturing holding companies in India, which produces, in particular, equipment for the defense sector, thermal power engineering and the nuclear power industry.

http://idrw.org/russian-indian-comp...-production-coastal-missile-systems-end-2016/

I want to see armata in india in joint venture like Brahmos :smitten:

Which system Indian navy is looking for?

Morinformsystem-Agat produces these 2 systems:

1) CLUB-M Multi-Purpose Mobile Coastal Missile System

Number of missiles on a self-propelled launcher - 6 [anti-ship missiles (3М-54KE, 3М-54KE1)]
Target range: 250 to 450km
2) BAL-E Coastal Missile System (BAL-E CMS)

Russian, Indian companies may sign agreement on joint production of coastal missile systems by end of 2016

Will they develop new one or any existing russian system will be produced?

Walchandnagar Industries is a key player in power plants industry and would benefit for India's NSG membership.
How? Care to explain?

Number of missiles on a self-propelled launcher - 6 [anti-ship missiles (3М-54KE, 3М-54KE1)]
Back in Oct, 2013, India issues a RFI for coastal defece battery.
Requirements were Its should have range greater than 150 km and warhead weight should be greater than 150 kg.
http://www.aame.in/2013/10/bolstering-india-coastal-defences-navy.html?m=1

@Aero
I think model of joint venture would be same as Brahmos and sukhoi MKI
Not any new product any time soon

At present, Navy has older Rubezh costal Defense system but since India is a MTCR member they might go for CLUB.

BAL - E is a variant of KH 35 (already in service of IAF) I don't think it has a range advantage over CLUB.

Also, both are subsonic I don't know why are they not interested in Brahmos.

With a 7500 km coastline just wondering the level of investment needed to secure every inch with missile system... :what:

At present, Navy has older Rubezh costal Defense system but since India is a MTCR member they might go for CLUB.

BAL - E is a variant of KH 35 (already in service of IAF) I don't think it has a range advantage over CLUB.

Also, both are subsonic I don't know why are they not interested in Brahmos.
Brahmos is costly

Preparedness and actual war is two different things, missiles systems are not for surveillance purposes or to stop infiltration via sea.

It's for real war, which i believe no one is crazy enough to attack India. We already have enough problems already, Middle east thing, Korean issue, south China sea issue, China Japan issue, among others.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom