What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Targeting the grid is 100% doable without targeting power plants - hit transmission substations and distribution.

You can target the substation or the infrastructure, but if you know anything about substation or infrastructure, substation have a redundancy system and infrastructure can be repaired in a few hours. We did the same thing in Iraq, and it probably disrupts their power supply for 6 hours or so before we roll into Baghdad.

The topic is not whether or not Russia held back, of course they held back, seeing they use only 1/7 of their total force. The topic is about whether or not they target or care about civilian. And they don't, for all the evidence we have seen. It's probably a very big statement for you to tell them you don't care about civilian when you start bombing hospital on purpose.

You can target the substation or the infrastructure, but if you know anything about substation or infrastructure, substation have a redundancy system and infrastructure can be repaired in a few hours. We did the same thing in Iraq, and it probably disrupts their power supply for 6 hours or so before we roll into Baghdad.

The topic is not whether or not Russia held back, of course they held back, seeing they use only 1/7 of their total force. The topic is about whether or not they target or care about civilian. And they don't, for all the evidence we have seen. It's probably a very big statement for you to tell them you don't care about civilian when you start bombing hospital on purpose.
Of course only western civilized countries care about civilian,that is why only a little more than 100000 civilians had died in iraq war.

Last edited:
Reactions: sur

lol I know plenty about substations. do you? you go to grid power conferences?

yeah substations have redundancies - for intermittent point failures. a Kalibr hit is not an intermittent or point failure.

you know transmission substations? These aren't easily replaceable. they serve key points in the grid. you want to know more?

you know what happens to turbines when load is taken off, in the case of substations getting hit, even distribution substations?

let's see if you claim to be an electrical engineer too.

lol I know plenty about substations. do you? you go to grid power conferences?

yeah substations have redundancies - for intermittent point failures. a Kalibr hit is not an intermittent or point failure.

you know transmission substations? These aren't easily replaceable. they serve key points in the grid. you want to know more?

you know what happens to turbines when load is taken off, in the case of substations getting hit, even distribution substations?

let's see if you claim to be an electrical engineer too.
Well, what do you want me to say? When yourself said Substation have redundancies.

First of all, how big is a target of a substation? And do you know the CEP of a Kalibr missile? You cannot launch anything with that type of CEP on a small target like a substation which at most would be 100s square meters. And then you are talking about LOS issue, Substation in Suburban city is not a stand alone complex, it is right smack next to the neighbourhood. And you are supposing the missile can "evade" all building and hit the Substation alone?

And then put into consideration how many Substation you need to take down to effectively cut the electricity supplies, I am sure this is a doable military target. For a target that size, you need to ripple fire your missile in order to make sure you have a hit, and in general, a target that size would require 3 to 4 missile just to make sure it was hit, now times it with the substation you need to take out to interrupt the entire city, or even entire country, and tell me if this is doable,

The only tactical way you can do it is by tactical airstrike sorties, Which is what Russian did not have the capability of. Otherwise they would already have Air Superiority.

Yes, I don't know anything about Substation, as I said, we did destroy Iraqi power infrastructure before we move into Baghdad, and it come back up in around 6 hours, that's what I said, I don't know who fixes it or how to fix it, but this is what I know, on the other hand, it is very apparent you don't know anything about Missile or Airstrike, or are you starting to claim you are a Military Expert here?

Of course only western civilized countries care about civilian,that is why only a little more then 100000 civilians had died in iraq war.
Well, 100000 civilian died in Iraq war which lasted for 15 years.

If you do a little simple maths, you will know that's 128 killed per week, it's 4 weeks of war in Ukraine and it's 1100 civilian casualty caused by Russian, which is 275 on the low end.

So yes, we still need to learn a lot from the Russian as to how to effectively kill civilian.

Last edited:
Video of captured Russian soldiers getting shot in knee is a propaganda victory for Russian high command. Because Russian troops will less likely to surrender, if they expect to be tortured or killed.

Of course only western civilized countries care about civilian,that is why only a little more than 100000 civilians had died in iraq war.
And their blue-eyes, European-looking, not-like-Iraqi-looking [this is how Europeans described Ukrainians] ADL-whitewashed, US-sponsored Nazis also care about civilians, so much so that they stuff explosive in toys to blast their own civilians so they could have some footage to show to Blue-Eyed west as if Rusi did it.
[Nothing new though, same instigators made anti-Asad criminals do the chemical attack on children too, just to blame it on Asad. I cried and cried for days when I saw those babies struggling to breath and die in a painful way. I myself watched a short footage released by anti-Asad terrorists just few days before that gas attack, where they demonstrated killing a rat by gas. Just few days later all media was alleging Asad for that incidnce.]

Especially in early days of this conflict, there were many footage of Ukrainian soldiers shooting their own civilians who were leaving the cities.

Stuffed toys images:

Stuff toys footage:

This is consistent with Ukrainian's US-taught approach from day-1 of continuously using civilians as shield:
1648442046973.png

They care so much about their civilians that they non-stop torture a minority of Roma gypsies:
Many footage we see of Ukrainians torturing people taped to poles, are of Roma gypsies.

Above tweet also mention those Ukrainians used drugs etc.
Well when Biden's son Hunter who mediated the financing of Ukrainian criminals himself was a druggie then what to expect;

Biden evading question about his son:

Axis, the epicenter, the primary source, primary conspirer, primary instigator, at the core of all these evils that world is facing in recent past is:
[it's given that it refers to the power circles who actually control the policies, not the general public which have many who expose their govt's criminal behavior]

Disclaimer: above tweet has hashtags which does not rep my pov. I say what IK says, we will not take any sides in this conflict but will continue to try to expose the conspirators/instigators.

Last edited:
Well, what do you want me to say? When yourself said Substation have redundancies.

First of all, how big is a target of a substation? And do you know the CEP of a Kalibr missile? You cannot launch anything with that type of CEP on a small target like a substation which at most would be 100s square meters. And then you are talking about LOS issue, Substation in Suburban city is not a stand alone complex, it is right smack next to the neighbourhood. And you are supposing the missile can "evade" all building and hit the Substation alone?

And then put into consideration how many Substation you need to take down to effectively cut the electricity supplies, I am sure this is a doable military target. For a target that size, you need to ripple fire your missile in order to make sure you have a hit, and in general, a target that size would require 3 to 4 missile just to make sure it was hit, now times it with the substation you need to take out to interrupt the entire city, or even entire country, and tell me if this is doable,
CEP of Kalibr: 3 m

Proof of Kalibr hitting pinpoint targets: it destroyed a single barracks in Lviv which is much smaller than a substation.

rcg0boe4_russia-ukraine-war-reuters_625x300_18_March_22.jpg

The most important substations - transmission substations - aren't located in suburbs. Here's what a transmission substation looks like, note how its in the middle of nowhere. There's not many of these.

250px-Legacy_National_Grid_Substation_-_geograph.org.uk_-_39134.jpg

There's also only 1 step up substation per power plant. It is located a small distance away from the main power plant. Without it, electricity generated cannot be transmitted. Here's what one looks like, it's the one for Hoover Dam.

C0114625-Electricity_substation_above_Hoover_Dam.jpg

Also note it's in the middle of nowhere.

CEP of Kalibr: 3 m

Proof of Kalibr hitting pinpoint targets: it destroyed a single barracks in Lviv which is much smaller than a substation.

rcg0boe4_russia-ukraine-war-reuters_625x300_18_March_22.jpg

The most important substations - transmission substations - aren't located in suburbs. Here's what a transmission substation looks like, note how its in the middle of nowhere. There's not many of these.

250px-Legacy_National_Grid_Substation_-_geograph.org.uk_-_39134.jpg

There's also only 1 step up substation per power plant. It is located a small distance away from the main power plant. Without it, electricity generated cannot be transmitted. Here's what one looks like, it's the one for Hoover Dam.

C0114625-Electricity_substation_above_Hoover_Dam.jpg

Also note it's in the middle of nowhere.
Dude, do you know how many missile fired at the barrack in Lviv : 4

And yes, it is smaller than a single substation, so you would expect more missile is needed to completely destroy the target that is bigger than that Barrack. Now you are talking about 1 barrack, but how many substation is in Lviv? Care to venture a guess?

3 Meters CEP does not mean you can hit anything within that 3 meters, 3 meters CEP means you have a theoretically 3 meters error of probability, CEP means half of the missile would land within 3 meters of each other, and the other half outside, because of the arc and tangent, the further away the target it, it multiple the error distant. It's like a tank gun, if a target is 500 meters away, and my CEP is 1 meters, let's say the shot felt 10 meters behind. If that target is 1500 meters away, and if my CEP is 1 meter, then the distant I missed is not 10 meters but 30 meters. And in this case, for a Kalibr missile, it will not be 30 meters, but 90 meters. That is why one of those missile ended up 5 miles away as reported to the barrack attack

And finally, sure, some substation is standalone in the country side, but if you are talking about inside a big city like Kyiv or Lviv, it would not be most of the case, in side a city center, you would expect to have majority of those substation that are going to be in the local area.

Let's say even if you can target all the substation within a certain area and disable the power grid, the amount of resource you are going to spend on is going to be huge, and for what? To stop electricity supplying in one city? You may as well use your missile or bomb on other target that would make a difference.

That's why nobody in any military will attack power grid infrastructure to interrupt power supply, for a few hours yes, say if you want a few hours of darkness to take the town, but not as a continue arrangement. We don't do it in the State even we have better Air Force and better missile. I mean, sure, you can go waste 300-400 missile on 50 or so substation that wouldn't change anything in the battlefield.

You either bomb their power plant, which is the most efficient way to do, or you don't do it at all and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom