What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lot of typing to say "I don't understand grid infrastructure at all because I'm not a subject matter expert in electrical power".

Like I said, educate yourself on how grid level transmission works.

Not to mention the fact that Russian forces physically occupy many power plants.

Didn't you say bombing hospitals is a war crime?

Dude, i don't need to become an electrical engineer to make decision on bombing a Electrical Substation.

Even if I concede you are the expert here, your expertise only limited on how electricity grid works. and how to fix them.

I will just ask you 2 questions.

1.) Can a bombed out electrical substation be fixed?
2.) How long does it take to fix it?

Even if what you said is doable, you are talking about devoting hundred if not thousand of cruise missile to take out a power grid of a city. Even if you can do that, then what? Does that mean Ukrainian cannot fight under darkness? Or They cant fix what you broke?

That decision would have been unsounded, because instead of devoting hundreds if not thousand of missile to destroy a powergrid for a city, you can use those same asset to destroy Anti-Tank Position or Anti-Air Position or any strategic position other than giving a city of 2 millions "Some" Inconvenience.

It will only be a strategic advantage if you can take out their power grid and THEY STAYED DOWN, which mean you will need to spend Hundred or Thousand of missile once every few days in a given period of time to keep them grid suppressed. Ask yourself this, do you think you have more missile to keep them down in a period of time, like every time they fix it, you send missile to bomb it?

Dude, you don't even know how undoable this is, and that is why nobody bother to do that. You either bomb their power plant or move on from the topic.

Russia physically occupy 2 Power Plants, 1 of them (Chernobyl) is disused.

As for bombing Hospital being warcrime, have I said anything about Warcrime? I said you don't bomb Hospital if you had not intent to target Civilian, that goes with they don't care about Civilian.

Bombing Hospital may or may not be a War Crime per se. If you have a reason to bomb it, like they are being used as a Military Storage or Staging Point, you are allowed to bomb it, but doing so does not mean you care about the civilian population, because you are taking out an important civilian infrastructure. Even if that is not a war crime

Last edited:
Well, as Zelenskyy said "If defending your own country is Nazi, then sure, everyone in Ukraine is Nazi"

I have no intention to sway you or what so ever, after all, YOU replied to MY post, not the other way around.

On the other hand, it wouldn't really matter what you or what Russian believe, propaganda is for your "as in your own country" consumption, You can say or tell your people how Ukrainian is Nazi or reject any rational idea on it, at the end of the day, saying Ukrainian is Nazi does not mean Ukrainian themselves believe they are actually Nazi, or the general world view, nor it help the Russian invasion in anyway, shape or form, I am pretty sure Ukrainian will not be affected by this, I mean, they will not defend their country slightly just because you call them a Nazi, or they will not just surrender because you call them a Nazi, so, at the end of the day, How Russia label them is, well, how Russian label them, does that change the ground calculus one bit? No.

So, please do go ahead and consider a Jewish government Neo Nazi, I mean I have no comment on this issue beside, of course the irony.
I just commented on one of the propaganda video (or post). It was unfortunate that you were the carrier.

If "jewish govt" can't become pro nazi (or act like so in an "other" state), then maybe ppl need learn about human behaviour before blaming others...

The Russian army used new weapons for the first time in Ukraine, the work of the remote mining engineering system "Agriculture" was filmed near Kharkov. The video shows the moment of remote installation of minefields. The operation of this installation is similar to the work of the Grad MLRS. The difference is that instead of the warhead of a 122 mm rocket, they carry cassettes with mines. After the installation of mines, this territory is plotted on an electronic map, there is no need to carry out mine clearance manually, mines can be remotely deactivated.

Movement of a column of Russian military equipment of airborne units to the area of combat missions in the Kiev region

1st Guards Tank Army was activated, which is unthinkable. It's like Moscow's strategic reserve force, which would've normally guarded Moscow at all times.

Their modernised mechanised units met combat, and were destroyed completely. I repeat, completely brand new, built from scratch units, with nineties+ military hardware only, professional soldiers, and handpicked officers.

A presence of Nona SVK, a rare mortar-gun-howitzer wunderwaffe, and 203mm artillery indicate that divilion level combat, if not corps level, is taking place in the field.

If the entire corps is active, there is no question they would have some very elite units at their disposal.

I just want to put accent here. We are seeing entire Corps level combat for the first time since WW2 in between two relatively modern militaries.

It takes an ennormous effort to move an army division in the field, rather than just station it in a fixed location, and then dispatch its constituent offensive elements. And here now, entire corps are set in motion: corps HQs are on the move, their strategic assets, corps level support detachments, corps level artillery units, and command, and control infrastructure is on the move too.

And we also know that there are already big holes punched in the structure of these corps, like loss of strategic reserves, and support forces dispatched to frontlines. So now, they are losing that corps element, and turning more into a blob of few mechanised, and armour divisions.

I bet, the general staff on both sides of the conflict never ever seen corps combat anywhere outside of (very old) military textbooks.

Last edited:
Western (US, UK) intel early in the war reported Russia's invading force for Ukraine was mostly made up of junior conscripts, paramilitary, Kadyrov's Chechen troops, and some military regulars.
Source: https://www.thedailybeast.com/russi...ne-invasion-contrary-to-vladimir-putins-claim

Spetsnaz being used in this invasion? Now talk about a load of bs, there is absolutely no evidence that Spetsnaz is being used in this invasion. If there is a legit source, post the link here; they were however used in small part in the Crimean invasion of 2014. Rosgvardia aren't even conventional military troops they're basically a Praetorian guard to protect Russian government personnel, calling them "Russia's elite troops" shows you really don't know what you're talking about. In fact, If I recall correctly Rosgvardia started out as riot police and you think they are elite Russian troops!? :lol:

Russia 900k active duty, using only 140k troops of mix units for a Ukrainian conventional force of 200k + NATO backed and Russia has already occupied 45-50% of Ukraine. The fact you think Russia would invest its best military units and capabilities for a country like Ukraine is ridiculous. You better hope they don't lob some missiles your way with how stupid your "analytical thinking" is.

Russians themselves admitted majority of the soldiers sent to Ukraine were mostly made up of contract soldiers,"some conscripts" ended up in Ukraine but they recalled them back home and are investigating. Are you calling russian liars ? :lol:

Kadyrov's lapdogs are considered as "elite troops" because Russians consider them as well equipped,well trained and "experts in urban warfare" the reason they are using them in places like Mariupol.

You do know that "Spetsnaz" is a vast generic term to designate Russian special forces ? :lol:

Rosgvardia (who themselves have Spetsnaz units) were sent into the frontlines when they are supposed to be an occupation force supposed to supress the local civilian pop,I guess you missed that long convoy that was destroyed in Kharkiv few weeks ago or in Kherson ? (Talk about incompetence)

"Russia doesn't send its best troops". That the most BS argument I've ever seen. Is that your only argument to justify Russia's pathetic performance in Ukraine ? Are you considering the 1st guards tank army and the 4th guards tank divisionk,the 31st guards air assault brigade as "not the best Russia has" ? All those VDV who died pathetically in places like Irpen aren't Russia's best ?

You're supposed to be a "think tank" how cannot you see Russia's blatant incompetence and corruption which led to its poor performance in Ukraine ? No combined arms operations,severe lack of communication between different units and services (use of non secure communications),poor battle management,poor logistics.... So much that they have to send generals on frontlines)

And don't tell me "muh they don't use full force they care about civilians". My @ss.

Of course you seem to be one who fell for Kremlin's myth around the Russian armed forces but turns out their armed forces are trash,of course it would be hard for you to admit it.

Russians themselves admitted majority of the soldiers sent to Ukraine were mostly made up of contract soldiers,"some conscripts" ended up in Ukraine but they recalled them back home and are investigating. Are you calling russian liars ? :lol:

Kadyrov's lapdogs are considered as "elite troops" because Russians consider them as well equipped,well trained and "experts in urban warfare" the reason they are using them in places like Mariupol.

You do know that "Spetsnaz" is a vast generic term to designate Russian special forces ? :lol:

Rosgvardia (who themselves have Spetsnaz units) were sent into the frontlines when they are supposed to be an occupation force supposed to supress the local civilian pop,I guess you missed that long convoy that was destroyed in Kharkiv few weeks ago or in Kherson ? (Talk about incompetence)

"Russia doesn't send its best troops". That the most BS argument I've ever seen. Is that your only argument to justify Russia's pathetic performance in Ukraine ? Are you considering the 1st guards tank army and the 4th guards tank divisionk,the 31st guards air assault brigade as "not the best Russia has" ? All those VDV who died pathetically in places like Irpen aren't Russia's best ?

You're supposed to be a "think tank" how cannot you see Russia's blatant incompetence and corruption which led to its poor performance in Ukraine ? No combined arms operations,severe lack of communication between different units and services (use of non secure communications),poor battle management,poor logistics.... So much that they have to send generals on frontlines)

And don't tell me "muh they don't use full force they care about civilians". My @ss.

Of course you seem to be one who fell for Kremlin's myth around the Russian armed forces but turns out their armed forces are trash,of course it would be hard for you to admit it.
If Ukraine fight so well,why do they fight like guerrilla? why don't they just drive russian out of ukraine? Your western propaganda just doesn't add up.

Last edited:
If Ukraine fight so well,why do they fight like guerrilla? why don't they just drive russian out of ukraine? Your western propaganda justdoesn't add up.

The "special military operation" has stalled,that's a fact and is proving too costly,the reason they are revising downward their objectives. If Russians had the upper hand they wouldn't entrench themselves and build up positions and trenches like they are doing on several fronts.

The "special military operation" has stalled,that's a fact and is proving too costly,the reason they are revising downward their objectives. If Russians had the upper hand they wouldn't entrench themselves and build up positions and trenches like they are doing on several fronts.
Because it's meant and designed to be stalled except the east and south direction.Russia have no intention to attack big cities and fall into street battles. They just want to prevent ukrainian army forming big groups and counter-attack in donbass area.

Last edited:
Well, as Zelenskyy said "If defending your own country is Nazi, then sure, everyone in Ukraine is Nazi"

The patriotic Syrians are also defending their country so why does the USA government want to overthrow the Assad government ?

New Video from Gonzalo Lira, about Clinton and Nuland pulling the strings in the ukraine conflict.

1648456707943.png

Because it's meant and designed to be stalled except the east and south direction.Russia have no intention to attack big cities and fall into street battles. They just want to prevent ukrainian army forming big groups and counter-attack in donbass area.

The reason Russians are stalling is because they got their assessments on Ukraine so wrong ;

Putin bet on a clean and swift operation,the quick surrender of Ukraine and eastern Ukraine rallying on the Russian cause,towns falling one by one,welcoming Russian troops as liberators... none of that happened. And Ukraine didn't even declare general mobilization when Russians attacked....

Putin hoped for a quick takeover of Kyiv to decapitate the Ukrainian government to put a puppet in power... none of that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom