What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lessons for Iran

Would Russia had invaded if Ukraine had nukes?

Iran vs america+Israel+arabs

I knew you will say that. Lest not get into fight over particular words. An ally, a friend and the one being promised is just invaded. That's what it appears. NATO or UK US or not.... no help on the ground.

A Ukraine should have understood that too...

Mere economic and political defence which was taken wrongly by Ukraine. What if there's no Ukraine anymore? But this is all NATO or individual West for you.
A high economic price, no one ever said NATO would militarily confront Russia in order to save Ukraine, which is why Ukraine was so desperate to gain membership, because it knew an invasion was coming.

Also, of the three nations mentioned, one is the Russian Federation, so your example doesn't really make sense here.

If there is no Ukraine anymore, that just makes Russia's neighbours all the more likely to join NATO, Finland and other European nations are already now in talks about joining, and they point out Russian actions in Ukraine as the cause.

Also, I disagree that these are "merely" sanctions. Russia's economy is on the verge of collapse right now. The EU has just banned market access to Russia, and stopped all trade with Russia. Russia can use it's oil leverage, but that will just make sure the EU will expedite it's move away from Russian oil and gas.

Before you mention Russian gas, think about it this way, why doesn't Pakistan trade with India, despite it being cheap and economically beneficial? Because it's a matter of sovereignty and Pakistan fully expects India to use it's trade leverage against Pakistani interests. The Europeans won't compromise their sovereignty just to pay cheap gas prices.

Russians made a massive blunder by thinking their gas leverage would save them from an economic depression. The Russians have pretty much guaranteed that the Europeans never trust them, and they will guaranteed to lead Europe away from Russia.

The Russians have pretty much guaranteed that the Europeans never trust them, and they will guaranteed to lead Europe away from Russia.

I will only quote this part and refer to what trust means when it comes to individual's interests. Ukraine learnt the hard way.

1645711808444.png

1645711819440.png

Also, of the three nations mentioned, one is the Russian Federation, so your example doesn't really make sense here.

If there is no Ukraine anymore, that just makes Russia's neighbours all the more likely to join NATO, Finland and other European nations are already now in talks about joining, and they point out Russian actions in Ukraine as the cause.

It never made any sense but columns are moving. Russia is not alone in anti NATO bloc.

The Europeans won't compromise their sovereignty just to pay cheap gas prices.

And Russia does not seems to be doing so as well. No compromise in lieu of gas. As you said about Pakistan India. No compromise.

I think you're misunderstanding something.

There is no NATO bluff, because NATO didn't promise to defend Ukraine militarily. Ukraine is not a NATO member, so no, there is no #check & #mate.

On the topic of white blood, that I agree with, which is why I don't really care who wins or loses this war.

A bit late for those proclamations.

Ukraine, like Georgia, and Pakistan before, were led to believe that territorial integrity means something. But as Pakistan in East Pakistan, Georgia in Abkhazia/Ossetia and now Ukraine is finding out that it is all just lip service.

I cannot fathom the betrayal Ukrainians must be feeling right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom