What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, market rallied even more than yesterday. Even European markets recovered.
From the panic phase, we're entering the "who cares" phase apparently. After the 3rd day of war, people will stop being excited about it, except for Twitter accounts.

Cryptocurrencies recovered from the crash too. I made a good profit from buying Ethereum at $2300. It's now approaching $2750.

Did Ukraine offer talks and showing agreement to demands? I think they will be meeting on 26th Feb in Warsaw. Meanwhile, pentagon will continue with commentary like Russia is facing a lot of resistance.

Why is it so hard to understand?
NATO and its members invaded a dosen muslim nations past 20 years. NATO memebrs has bombed and killed millions of muslims. So why are you suprised to see someone cheering for Russia that seems to slap NATO back this time?
Well said.

Sure. Here is the background info.

When the Soviet Union collapsed back in 1991, all the former Soviet satellites became owners of many Soviet weapons. Ukraine had reportedly 1700 nuclear warheads in various deployment methods, from missiles to bombs. This stockpile was 3rd largest in the world. Russia could not retrieve all of them because the country was in chaos, the Russian military was in disarray, its leadership fractured, and the ranks demoralized. Nevertheless, at least at the business level, Russia was the legal owner of that nuclear stockpile.

Could Ukraine defend its physical ownership of that nuclear stockpile and maintain it? Possibly, but essentially, Ukraine could have at least dismantle every delivery platform, separate the warhead components, and be a nuclear weapons state TO THIS DAY, like the entire UN Security Council. Even if a nuclear warhead must be transported by car to a location and detonate by hand by a suicide bomber, no member of the UN Security Council want that club expanded. So a deal was made in 1994: The Budapest Agreement.

The signatories were the US, the UK, and Russia. US/UK experts would help and verify the dismantling of the nuclear stockpile, then Russia would retrieve the fissile materials. In return, the three powers would...

...respect the Independence and Sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.
...reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self defense or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations.
...to refrain from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind.
The problem here is that the Budapest Agreement was not legally binding. It was the nation-state equivalent of a "gentleman's handshake" promise. Even so, Ukraine agreed and gave up that nuclear stockpile. There was nothing in the Budapest Agreement about Ukraine not joining NATO and/or neutrality status. The primary concern was that nuclear stockpile.

Let us scale that down as a mental exercise. I challenge you to examine your personal life and see if there were any situation, with a relative or a friend or a business partner, where you would give up something permanently based on a NON-LEGAL document, and because it was non-legal the other party can change his mind on a whim and there would be nothing you can do about that change. Am willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that you would find one situation where you refused to sign or even gave a nod.

Except that Ukraine gave up 1700 times for one NON-LEGAL agreement. Think about that for a moment. Each nuclear warhead is a PERMANENT security assurance. As long as you have it, the odds of anyone messing with you is dramatically reduced. Look at Iran or NKR for examples of that fear. Ukraine gave up 1700 security assurances just because Russia made a vague promise not to attack in the future. Even though there were the US and the UK in that agreement, everyone knew the real threat to Ukraine was Russia. Ukraine believed that given the historical ties between the two countries, PERHAPS there would be peace between the two countries, so Ukraine gave up 1700 security assurances based on a NON-LEGAL document.

The Budapest Agreement of 1994 is being re-release to the global public. Once everyone thought thru the process I described above, NATO expansion arguments will be moot. Russia's treachery will be confirmed.
Welcome back. Where you been?

From the panic phase, we're entering the "who cares" phase apparently. After the 3rd day of war, people will stop being excited about it, except for Twitter accounts.

Cryptocurrencies recovered from the crash too. I made a good profit from buying Ethereum at $2300. It's now approaching $2750.
Good for you. :)

It's not just like that everyone is supporting Russia against Ukraine 8n this conflict or vice versa. Given NATO/US/West involvement & their history of invasions on countries especially the Muslims; I think that there are lot of parties wants to settle score be it any other ground. People wants to payback for backstabbing & can avail this opportunity or any other venue. Just saying.
I want a bipolar world. The west have had a free run to loot and rape any nation they choose. There is the west and now Russia and China on the other side. Hopefully it will relive pressure on Muslims

any tips? i want to make some money too :D

Pentagon just announced that Russia still does NOT have superiority over Ukrainian airspace.
F-22Parrot strikes again. The Pentagon can announce what they want, they are not in the position to know that.

Why is it so hard to understand?
NATO and its members invaded a dosen muslim nations past 20 years. NATO memebrs has bombed and killed millions of muslims. So why are you suprised to see someone cheering for Russia that seems to slap NATO back this time?
Slapping Nato is a dream only retards dream off. I'll see the day when Russia even whoofs at Nato. War is no joke and neither is Nato the Russian Conventional capabilities are being uncovered in this very conflict. Everything is for show and tell folks.

I want a bipolar world. The west have had a free run to loot and rape any nation they choose. There is the west and now Russia and China on the other side. Hopefully it will relive pressure on Muslims
Check and balance. That is actually the motto of American politics. I think US should export that to the rest of the world.

F-22Parrot strikes again. The Pentagon can announce what they want, they are not in the position to know that.

Your kidding right? The US Air Force and Navy are running constant intel aircraft to the border of Ukraine. The US has ridiculous battlespace awareness capabilities.

any tips? i want to make some money too :D
Not really. Just pure luck. :D I was one of the people that believed Russia would actually go ahead with their threats against Ukraine. So, I went to sleep and thought that ETH would probably drop by 10% to 15% if that happens and ETH is already oversold so it can possibly go up to $3000 again. Next day I woke up and I saw that people said Russia had attacked Ukraine. :D Just pure luck so far. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom