What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Hitler didn't make demands much after 1939. He just attacked Poland, France, Netherlands, Belgium and Soviets with no warning.
soviets maybe, but france declared war on him when he attacked poland. he offered ceasefire after poland's fall, the french refused, that is when he attacked the french.

My dear it's not the implications of sanctions on Russia I'm worried about it's the possible consequences for acquiring weapons and key equipment from them would lead to problems for us.. example ? Consider the Sukhoi sales to Egypt and Indonesia....
Pakistan has been in a shit forever. They always find a way. Relax. Nothing will happen.
Russia is too big to ignore. And weapons parts etc as well as money movement can be done through 3rd parties. Like who is going to sanction China as well? China will continue to do business with Russia.

soviets maybe, but france declared war on him when he attacked poland. he offered ceasefire after poland's fall, the french refused, that is when he attacked the french.
Hitler didn't declare war on the Britain and France, they declared war on him. And after Dunkirk he offered peace to Britain.

A wise guy said.
Anything that can happen, will happen, and there's always a first time.

Russians may be bluffing, but....
There is so much cruelty and injustice in the world that if humanity destroys itself tomorrow, I cannot cry for my fate.

So Putin, is going to follow Mr hitlers Germany did in WW2 to France

By Installing a puppet Régime de Vichy type of Government to run Ukrainian and answering to him in Moscow

What a fcking joke this is liberation haha

Ukraine is fighting back....Putin has truly underestimated a very tough, proud nation
Like america did in Afghanistan, Iraq and toppled Muhammed Mursi and replaced with Sisi.
I think u are young. This is what Victor's do. They topple governments and install leaders that sing their tune

It's not just like that everyone is supporting Russia against Ukraine 8n this conflict or vice versa. Given NATO/US/West involvement & their history of invasions on countries especially the Muslims; I think that there are lot of parties wants to settle score be it any other ground. People wants to payback for backstabbing & can avail this opportunity or any other venue. Just saying.

Today, market rallied even more than yesterday. Even European markets recovered.

To get to France he invaded Belgium and Netherlands unprovoked.

Pentagon said so.
Pentagon also said w

As a muslim i have grown a great distaste for american media. For well over 20 years we have had to endure all kinds of humilation, degumanization, falsehood and enimity against muslims and islam.

Americans are their own greatest enemy.
agreed. they lied about nukes in iraq, they lied about iraqi soldiers killing babies in incubators during first gulf war. cnn, bbc etc. usually put a heavy twist on the actual narrative to promote their own, their own reporting is heavily biased. trump was right in one thing: US media is fake news. they a whole lot of lies in a bit of truth.

Can you share more details about this pact? What was the Ukrainian commitment? Did they not abide by it?
Sure. Here is the background info.

When the Soviet Union collapsed back in 1991, all the former Soviet satellites became owners of many Soviet weapons. Ukraine had reportedly 1700 nuclear warheads in various deployment methods, from missiles to bombs. This stockpile was 3rd largest in the world. Russia could not retrieve all of them because the country was in chaos, the Russian military was in disarray, its leadership fractured, and the ranks demoralized. Nevertheless, at least at the business level, Russia was the legal owner of that nuclear stockpile.

Could Ukraine defend its physical ownership of that nuclear stockpile and maintain it? Possibly, but essentially, Ukraine could have at least dismantle every delivery platform, separate the warhead components, and be a nuclear weapons state TO THIS DAY, like the entire UN Security Council. Even if a nuclear warhead must be transported by car to a location and detonate by hand by a suicide bomber, no member of the UN Security Council want that club expanded. So a deal was made in 1994: The Budapest Agreement.

The signatories were the US, the UK, and Russia. US/UK experts would help and verify the dismantling of the nuclear stockpile, then Russia would retrieve the fissile materials. In return, the three powers would...

...respect the Independence and Sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.
...reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self defense or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations.
...to refrain from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind.
The problem here is that the Budapest Agreement was not legally binding. It was the nation-state equivalent of a "gentleman's handshake" promise. Even so, Ukraine agreed and gave up that nuclear stockpile. There was nothing in the Budapest Agreement about Ukraine not joining NATO and/or neutrality status. The primary concern was that nuclear stockpile.

Let us scale that down as a mental exercise. I challenge you to examine your personal life and see if there were any situation, with a relative or a friend or a business partner, where you would give up something permanently based on a NON-LEGAL document, and because it was non-legal the other party can change his mind on a whim and there would be nothing you can do about that change. Am willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that you would find one situation where you refused to sign or even gave a nod.

Except that Ukraine gave up 1700 times for one NON-LEGAL agreement. Think about that for a moment. Each nuclear warhead is a PERMANENT security assurance. As long as you have it, the odds of anyone messing with you is dramatically reduced. Look at Iran or NKR for examples of that fear. Ukraine gave up 1700 security assurances just because Russia made a vague promise not to attack in the future. Even though there were the US and the UK in that agreement, everyone knew the real threat to Ukraine was Russia. Ukraine believed that given the historical ties between the two countries, PERHAPS there would be peace between the two countries, so Ukraine gave up 1700 security assurances based on a NON-LEGAL document.

The Budapest Agreement of 1994 is being re-release to the global public. Once everyone thought thru the process I described above, NATO expansion arguments will be moot. Russia's treachery will be confirmed.

Listening to a live Pentagon briefing:

Russia is experiencing setbacks and have not achieved their objectives over the last 24 hours.
Yeah, because the pentagon knows exactly a) what russias objectives are and b) what have been achieved or not. In some anglosaxon wet dreams maybe. Your constant parotting of US propaganda will not change the reality.

Considering the fact, that russia has ~500 Su-25, Su-30, Su-34 and Su-35 combined, all capable for PGM strikes, the real attack have not even begun.

Because for nearly 20 years, Russia has based all its foreign policy discourse on defending the lawlessness of these invasions.

For this reason, it is extremely baseless to justify the current occupation with the examples of the USA. I'm not anti-Russia, you can check my message history. But I think they made a huge strategic mistake here. They fell into the trap of the USA.

I am neither pro or anti-russia.
I am pro NATO but anti expansion eastwards.

There is little doubt that emotions play a big role here. No one likes to be painted as boogeyman. Muslims especially has been targeted by US and by default much of european media too, past 20 years. Muslims worldwide had a positive outlook on Americans before 2000 but that picture is completeley changed now.
And for what? Is America more powerful or richer and happier today than it was 20 years ago? That is the real question the average american should ask their political class.

It has been a deeply painful ride for me and many muslims who live here in the west. Our very existence questioned because some racist neo-con a**holes in Washington couldnt find a enemy they could project their self-hatred on.

To get to France he invaded Belgium and Netherlands unprovoked.
that is war, plain and simple. if you can justify ukraine's invasion just because of a few exercises, i am sure hitler and nazis thought it was okay to invade belgium to bypass french defenses.

It's not just like that everyone is supporting Russia against Ukraine 8n this conflict or vice versa. Given NATO/US/West involvement & their history of invasions on countries especially the Muslims; I think that there are lot of parties wants to settle score be it any other ground. People wants to payback for backstabbing & can avail this opportunity or any other venue. Just saying.
And that is the truly scary part, all these armchair generals and keyboard commandoes clapping at young and old Ukrainians being handed out SMGs and videos building Molotov's are very quick to forget the mind-seed that destabilized Central and South Asia in 1980's.

Where else have we seen men and children being given AK47's like they were toffees, where else did we see the covert supply of advanced surface to air missile systems to an underpowered, outgunned indigenous defense force? And what was the result of that combined wet dream?

They are equipping young men aged 16 to 80 guns... This is a serious concern and could have serious long term destabilizing effects on regional security throughout Europe. Even if Diplomacy triumphs, there will be a lot of uncontrolled weapons out there, unaccounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom