What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

WASHINGTON—The U.S. is sending some of the Soviet-made air defense equipment it secretly acquired decades ago to bolster the Ukrainian military as it seeks to fend off Russian air and missile attacks, U.S. officials said.

The systems, which one U.S. official said include the SA-8, are decades old and were obtained by the U.S. so it could examine the technology used by the Russian military and which Moscow has exported around the world.

Freedom means muslims choose what they want in terms of who should rule them. Telling people what their borders should be and who must be ruling them is not freedom. Y
Yes muslims should choose who their leaders are. They deserve that democratic right. I am glad we can all agree on that.
You are not here for democracy or freedom. You are just doing realpolitik here trying to instigate muslims with "hey look at russia - they are allegedly worse some 500 years ago - that excuses anything happening to you now in palestine or wherever". Despite Tsarist russia is not same as Russian empire which is not same as Bolshevik or Soviet Russia and which is not same as Putin Russia. You are playing an overly clever game which fools none.
Well do you think Crimea is Russian land? A land that was 90% muslim Tatar who were killed and genocided by Russians. You consider that really Russian land?
who is coming in the way of your democracy or freedom? - definitely not russia. USSR peacefully allowed anyone who wanted to walk away to walk away - that was historically unprecedented. And after that too did Russia bother with any of the countries other than georgia and ukraine? is Russia interfering with bosnia or baltics ?
Well Russia instead of allowing ukranins to vote for their leaders seems to be killing them, and installing their own unelected military governors right now.

In Bosnia, Russia is funding and arming a Serbian separatist that had promised to attack Bosnian army formations in the Serbian majority part of the country. The Russian ambassador is threatening to attack Bosnia if we join NATO. On national TV. NATO and EU sent extra troops to Bosnia to counter this threat and ensure stability.
Moreover you are not west. Yes - if you go to some anglo country - adopt english- relegate your culture to occasional food and festivals - then you will be accepted as a white guy. No one is going to accept bosnian culture as western culture. Just for the pathetic white guy privilege you play so many games here.
Ok, Bosnia does not have to be a western country. We can be an Islamic country. Its definitely a muslim majority country. Or we can even be a sub Saharan country if you want. But we deserve to have freedom and democracy, to choose who our leaders are. To not live under military occupation from a rogue nuclear power. And to freely choose our alliances. The west lets us make theses choices. Russia does not. It wants a veto over what alliance we will belong to.

Don't we deserve to make our own choices?

She says: “I would like to appeal to those on whom it depends. Please listen to me. There are a lot of civilians in Mariupol who could not leave for one reason or another. The fighting continues and the situation is getting worse. And this is not a place for women at all
children, old people. I would like a solution to be found that allows you to take all the civilians out of the city of Mariupol, out of this hell. We need to organize a rescue operation to take out all these innocent people. Declare a few days of silence, a cessation of hostilities. Seeing that what happened in the city during these three weeks, I really hope that a decision will be made." I do not believe her, she saves the Nazis of Azov. But no one from Kyiv will listen to this.

Megafon, one of the largest mobile operators in Russia, announced that Telegram usage across the country surpassed WhatsApp for the first time.

Creeping toward the Einstein quote: "I don't know what weapons will be used in the 3rd world war. But in the 4th world war, we will be using stones and sticks." [Paraphrased]

She says: “I would like to appeal to those on whom it depends. Please listen to me. There are a lot of civilians in Mariupol who could not leave for one reason or another. The fighting continues and the situation is getting worse. And this is not a place for women at all
children, old people. I would like a solution to be found that allows you to take all the civilians out of the city of Mariupol, out of this hell. We need to organize a rescue operation to take out all these innocent people. Declare a few days of silence, a cessation of hostilities. Seeing that what happened in the city during these three weeks, I really hope that a decision will be made." I do not believe her, she saves the Nazis of Azov. But no one from Kyiv will listen to this.

Yes, there are some reports that the defenders of Mariupol are not allowing civilians to leave because, without the civilian shields, Russians, are going to truly do horrific actions to Mariupol.
To me, unless NATO directly intervenes, Mariupol is gone. Save some lives!!

I had no idea that she was Ukrainian. Now the donation makes sense.
She's Ukrainian-Jewish and liberal

Yes, there are some reports that the defenders of Mariupol are not allowing civilians to leave because, without the civilian shields, Russians, are going to truly do horrific actions to Mariupol.
To me, unless NATO directly intervenes, Mariupol is gone. Save some lives!!
It's the same thing armed "opposition" groups had been doing in Syria.

Yes muslims should choose who their leaders are. They deserve that democratic right. I am glad we can all agree on that.

Well do you think Crimea is Russian land? A land that was 90% muslim Tatar who were killed and genocided by Russians. You consider that really Russian land?

Well Russia instead of allowing ukranins to vote for their leaders seems to be killing them, and installing their own unelected military governors right now.

In Bosnia, Russia is funding and arming a Serbian separatist that had promised to attack Bosnian army formations in the Serbian majority part of the country. The Russian ambassador is threatening to attack Bosnia if we join NATO. On national TV. NATO and EU sent extra troops to Bosnia to counter this threat and ensure stability.

Ok, Bosnia does not have to be a western country. We can be an Islamic country. Its definitely a muslim majority country. Or we can even be a sub Saharan country if you want. But we deserve to have freedom and democracy, to choose who our leaders are. To not live under military occupation from a rogue nuclear power. And to freely choose our alliances. The west lets us make theses choices. Russia does not. It wants a veto over what alliance we will belong to.

Don't we deserve to make our own choices?
You think US,Canada,Australia rightfully belong to anglo-saxon savages? I hope one day china would free the lands of indians from those evil european.

Last edited:
She's Ukrainian-Jewish and liberal

It's the same thing armed "opposition" groups had been doing in Syria.

Mariupol is so important for Russia that they are allowing the defending forces to leave in peace with their weapons as long as they leave Mariupol. Target next is Odessa, if not some ceasefire agreement.
Putin is hellbent on cutting Ukraine's sea access. I think the Sea of Azov is already taken by Russia.

I see this conflict as a business opportunity to grab Russia's immense riches, and basically driven by the same few hundreds who make the cabal of American corporations, media agencies, and politicians who led America to the illegal war against Iraq in 2003. The rest is noise and smokescreen, if not outright hypocritic.
Without a doubt, NATO and US in particular wanted this to happen so badly. They want to hammer russia hard. They wanted an excuse to take their 300 billion and its more and more money every day. UK was waiting for this for a very long time. Russia used nuclear and biological weapons on UK soil to assassinate people.

They wanted to hurt russia bad. Australia lost people when a civilian airliner was shot down and made it clear to Putin that Australia is sending lethal arms that will kill Russians.

They could not wait for this strategic error by Putin. The military industrial complex has wet itself from joy.

US is directing artillery fire for gods sake. Of course the final aim is to rob Russia of its great natural resource wealth. And you know what, it couldn't have happened to a better candidate.
I believe he has good insight about eastern Europe but he is wrong to say that Russia's planning is to expand to take back the former USSR states. And he is also wrong to say that this is anything about 'freedom and democracy' or about 'sovereignty'. America has done enough blatant violations of those mighty principles and so has no right to talk about them in this conflict.
As we said before, if America made mistakes, it does not excuse russia. America has not changed any borders by force since 1945. When they stole German lands.

One exception is Kosovo. it took 10,000 sq km form Serbia and gave it independence. Thats tiny amount of land. which should never have been Serbian in the first place.

Does this give anyone the right to redraw European borders? heck no.

As for overthrowing Saddam, well he thought he could redraw the Middle East borders, attacked 2 countries, killed a million muslims. he gambled and like most gamblers he lost.

There is another gambler here now who thinks he can redraw borders. Lets see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom