What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now is the time to move fast, especially for the Turks. A Trans-Caspian pipeline could supply a lot of gas to Europe and build slot of influence for the Turks. Once a pipeline is built it will open the way for Turkey to work with Central Asia countries for more trade across the Caspian, hopefully culminating in a undersea rail tunnel, the major sign of Turkish influence and connection in Central Asia, should Russian influence to block it fail (a few years ago, Russia and Iran agreed that undersea boundaries of the Caspian are like those of a SEA, and on the surface it is that of a Lake, a very important difference)

This would also benefit Pakistan and Gwadar as a rail link under the Caspian would make a rail link from Karachi and Gwadar to Quetta and onward to Turkmenistan via Southern Afghanistan more economically viable.

It would also allow the Chinese BRI rail route via Kazakhstan bypassing Russia, although China may not want to send that signal to Russia, so they would just Benefit if Turkey built it for itself and let China use it, just in case.

View attachment 825632

Turkey should also look at a way to create an Qatar-Turkey Pipeline via Iraq, as a way to stabilize Iraq on terms favorable to Turkey (think Kurds) and bring Iraq out of Iranian influence. All efforts the EU should support for their own good.

Turkey could really come out the third winner from this war, as it maybe allowed to rejoin the F-35 program as well as get its F-16s upgraded in the interim, considering it aid to Ukraine. Hopefully, Turkey could put in a good word with the US to allow a resumption of T-129 deliveries to Pakistan with the American Engines as well as a Turkish upgrade of the PAF’s F-16s. I know it’s a stretch but now is the best time for a Turkey to make its moves.
Dont expect Russian borders to stay the same in the Caspian. They will take the Kazakh casein coastline and claim it as theirs. Maybe even Azerbaijan, but im not certain of that one.

Your view is totally legitimate. But it can not be in Pakistans interest to have a russia which dominates europe, threatens its muslim neighbours like Azerbaijan, Kazakstan, and all of central Asia. Russias ambition is to take European lands and muslim lands. This can not be in Pakistans interests.

Its tempting to enjoy the west getting some of its own medicine, I am sure, but the cost of that medicine to muslims in the region and central Asia is very very high.

I don't think Russia, even under Putin, is as expansionist as you and others are making it out to be. Russia doesn't even have the capabilities. But we can't talk about what's in the minds of Russian leadership--it would be guessing too much.
Coming to Pakistan, the way I look at it, a weakened Russia is in Pakistan's interest because of Russia's more reliance on Pakistan's key ally China. And looking at some Indian perspectives, it is India's fears--a weakened Russia too reliant on China. IF Russia decides to not Veto anti-Indian UNSC resolutions then India would be too reliant on the West--and we all know there is no 'West' without America and America would make India compromise too much for a Veto. Plus Indian defense industry is still too dependent on the Russian military equipment.
Still, on the whole, Pakistan can afford to be neutral.

western fan boys will find it hard to twist it as Western backed Jewish clowns victory!
If the current Ukrainian parliament survives and Russia withdraws from the occupied territories, that is, if Ukraine's territorial integrity is preserved, it will be a win-win for both sides(I mean Ukraine and Russia).

Did you not also mention that you were an athlete as well?

He claimed to be a body-builder and showed pics of himself on this forum.

I said i dont compete with russians in my sport because of the war. Im not a bodybuilder. I do track and field athletics (if thats the english word?)

I dont know what you are trying to say there?
I think, subconsciously, perhaps, there is a 'Lebensraum' project going on in Europe. Hitler is demonized, and singled out but I believe he had a LOT of ideological support in western Europe and even in America until he was a strategic threat. The Soviets, even under Stalin, were angels in comparison. I know I am saying something very controversial here but I don't care! It were the Soviets who provided refuge to Jewish people while the all-so-holy West were persecuting Jews and/or denying them sanctuary.
The Victor writes the History. But not all of us to have cower our intelligence and accept that account of History. Otherwise, History repeats itself in some endless cycles of wars.
The west, because of Churchill probably made a historic mistake in deciding to destroy Nazi Germany before the Soviet Union.

I dont know why they did this. They probably perceived Nazis as being the more immediate threat with better technology.

Knowing the Russian track record from places like Chechnya and even Georgia (where they fought a tiny country and finished the war fast) and Syria (where their primary task was to destroy cities with their Air Force and use Wagner on the ground) it is not surprising to me at all how sloppy Russian tactics and performance is. Human life and the safety of their personnel means nothing. With lack of proper communication and logistics on the field this problem gets even bigger.
So you do realise that russia can flatten entire cities . Wonder why they aren't doing it to Ukrainian cities? Putin isn't as dumb as west think he is, it's a calculated move that will alter the europe as we know it in forthcoming years.
Ukrain with all the might of western intelligence platforms to feed information about Russian movement and tactics is still crumbling.
Western media is focussed on - oh look 6 tanks destroyed, 15 people captured everyday, not telling the world 400 sq kilometer were lost.

The west, because of Churchill probably made a historic mistake in deciding to destroy Nazi Germany before the Soviet Union.

I dont know why they did this. They probably perceived Nazis as being the more immediate threat with better technology.

This is one of Patrick J. Buchannan's biggest lament: The West self-destructing from the World Wars.
Hard to pinpoint why the West went after Germany than against an already expansionist ideological foe like the USSR. I tend to think there were lobbies in the West--powerful, moneyed lobbies, which had been steering the Western policies since at least around the First World War and the Second World War was but an extension of the same direction. But I am just guessing.

So you do realise that russia can flatten entire cities . Wonder why they aren't doing it to Ukrainian cities? Putin isn't as dumb as west think he is, it's a calculated move that will alter the europe as we know it in forthcoming years.
Ukrain with all the might of western intelligence platforms to feed information about Russian movement and tactics is still crumbling.
Western media is focussed on - oh look 6 tanks destroyed, 15 people captured everyday, not telling the world 400 sq kilometer were lost.

You forgot to mention that russia is crumbling faster on all aspects of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom