What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

We are not Russian; we don't call Artillery for just 2 dudes with a Machinegun.....

I don't understand where this come from, I mean, we can't fight a war if we call artillery all the time whenever we hit MG Nest, Road Block, Firing Port, Strong Point, well, okay strong point maybe. But you don't generally hit with with arty for any obstacle you face, you are an infantry officer for a reason, your job is to unfuck the situation on the ground, that mean you will need to find someway to progress with the war and not calling support all the time...

I mean, maybe it's on TV or what, but if I call Air Strike or Artillery strike on a bunker complex, they will laugh at me over the net and then tell me to take care of it myself when they stop laughing.....
Yeah but you said people died over such decisions. What do you tell their kids? Oh you dad died because calling in an artillery shell that costs $2,000 was too much, people would laugh at me, better to get your dad killed, sorry kid.

Expect some "unfortunate" window falling or Dugin offered tea in the coming weeks.

Russia's Lavrov taken to hospital upon arrival at G20 summit​

Lavrov is a loyal dog. he will not stage a coup d’etat. He is only good as Putin’s dumb propaganda speaker. His life is not in danger. If anything than someone from the army or FSB.

Yeah but you said people died over such decisions. What do you tell their kids? Oh you dad died because calling in an artillery shell that costs $2,000 was too much, people would laugh at me, better to get your dad killed, sorry kid.
look, you don't call artillery on every enemy hard point in war, first of all, that would not have enough artillery round to go around I mean, a single platoon has 42 soldiers, a Battalion have 3 company, each with 4 platoons, you are talking about hundred, if not thousands of targets in a Battalion size line. And that's just one line, one battalion. You have 1 artillery, 16 guns, serving 5 Battalions in any given AO. If everyone starts sending coordinate of MG point, hard point, firing point and ask Arty to take care of it, your fire mission probably will come in 4 days after you call it.

You don't call in enemy MG hidden in building, bushes or vegetation, you maneuver your troop to go after it, flank it, attack it from the front if you have to, or go cover to cover, that's your job, if you meet serious concentration like a battalion size enemy massing, or have a priority target, then yes, you call in your support. Otherwise they will ask you why are they paying you for??

As for what would I tell their kid? Do I tell the kid the Army can't fix the Bradley rotation we should be riding on because they are unwilling to ship just 4 Bradley back to closest US base to fix it, so they use us as infantry and that's why your dad got killed? People died in battlefield, sometime because of some heroic reason, sometime because of stupidity, and sometime because of other people's stupidity. You tell them what they want to hear, not how he died. You tell the kid your dad is a hero and he save other people live. That's what you tell him.

Expect some "unfortunate" window falling or Dugin offered tea in the coming weeks.

Russia's Lavrov taken to hospital upon arrival at G20 summit​

That's not Lavrov taken to Hospital. That's Russian starting their "Special Hospital Operation" in Indonesia......Or may just be Lavrov doing "Special Operation" in Hospital...

Looking at this war, I think having troops on the front line, holding some line will be as obsolete as an infantry charge of WW1. It appears that with drones, having anyone near a front line is like an almost certain death sentence from these drones. The only way anyone will be able to go near a front line in the future seems to be on a very fast armoured truck and advancing. Thats what it looks like to me.

look, you don't call artillery on every enemy hard point in war, first of all, that would not have enough artillery round to go around I mean, a single platoon has 42 soldiers, a Battalion have 3 company, each with 4 platoons, you are talking about hundred, if not thousands of targets in a Battalion size line. And that's just one line, one battalion. You have 1 artillery, 16 guns, serving 5 Battalions in any given AO. If everyone starts sending coordinate of MG point, hard point, firing point and ask Arty to take care of it, your fire mission probably will come in 4 days after you call it.
But out of all the units you mentioned above, how many would have contact with the enemy at the same time in places like Afghanistan? There is not enough arty only if lots of them have contact at the same time.

Looking at this war, I think having troops on the front line, holding some line will be as obsolete as an infantry charge of WW1. It appears that with drones, having anyone near a front line is like an almost certain death sentence from these drones. The only way anyone will be able to go near a front line in the future seems to be on a very fast armoured truck and advancing. Thats what it looks like to me.

That's what people said since a clean air war had won us the First Gulf war. Infantries are obsolete. 30 years on, we still see whoever have a bigger Infantry Unit on the battlefield sway that battlefield.

There are something drone and airpower just cannot do. And every weapon platform has their limitation. You really can't replace one platform with another.

But out of all the units you mentioned above, how many would have contact with the enemy at the same time in places like Afghanistan? There is not enough arty only if lots of them have contact at the same time.

You would be amazing how many contacts I had in an op. Once I was boxed in by a MG to the front, and getting flanked by insurgent on my flank, we have marked 50 targets just on our flank. Also, you sometime just don't have time to wait for Arty. By the time the rounds over, you would probably be dead.

Artillery is not god, if your unit is maneuverable, they can't change their elevation faster than you advance, that's why Dick Winter said to Lieutenant Norman in the battle of Foy in Band of Brother, "you charge in before their artillery can zero on you". That did happen by the way.

Again i think i will stop talking about covid now. What does Vietnam or Cambodia got to do with 1 mil dead yanks? Congrats to them both although I guess their lack of proper diagnostics might not have bren giving an accurate picture.

Btw 4mil dead yindoos is definitely the most extreme

Alot of countries hate US too, but i don't think we want to annihilate them. Indians have a perennial hatred because you lost a war, just let go okay. Hahhahha

Dude stop talking about covid, i can go on and on about the incompetence of the US, 500 ppl are still dying daily in the states, but of course, if it's not reported in the msm, fanboys like you are oblivious.

I don't but i think this will happen because of Western arrogance. People seems to forget the source of this conflict.

The red line is pretty simple, we don't bomb you and you don't bomb us. US is not the king here mate, they are many countries with the sane level of destructive power. That's the reason NATO is mostly doing shouting power while giving the weapons for the Ukrainian to fight.
LOL you keep accusing Vietnam & Cambodia with fudging their numbers but are you willing to bet that China didn't do the same? For all we know the numbers from China can't be trusted either. Until China reach zero covid like Vietnam & Cambodia. You guys are throwing rock in a glass house.

More country hate China mate. Ask Australia, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, India, EU countries, US. Even South Korea slowly turning anti China.

There's a reason AUKUS is created and why Australia & Japan now have a defense pact. While country surrounding China are uparming themselves.

Ah yes the Russian trully are a superpower.

lol, diesel was cheaper in Australia than petrol for last 20 years.
Congrats, Australia has the half of population than Spain.

Now (this year) gasoline is cheaper than diesel in whole west europe and that never happened before.

The reason is the lack of crude oil is substituted with shale oil, that is a less quality oil, less adequate to produce diesel. And the effects of that change it started to happen this year.

World is running out of cheap fossil energy, and since one decade ago it was started to get energy through shale oil, fracking and so on.

If you think that thing is a triviality and it wont have real effects in future wars and conflicts, well, what more I can say? :lol:

Anyway, that web says that diesel is more expensive than gasoline in Australia right now (0.22 USD more expensive per litre, like here).

Back
Top Bottom