What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

You accuse Cambodia & Vietnam for underreporting without evidence but not China? Hmmm....

Also LOL if the war in Ukraine tells us anything is that WW3 against the Russian will be a cakewalk. I say bring it on.

Your neighbors doesn't want you to exist either not just the US. Your country are no different than Russia. Also the US didn't just use satellites they also fly spy planes near & inside Ukraine to give full time analysis to the Ukrainian. Sinking of Moskva & pretty much everything else were atributed to western Intel gathering.
Russia is Kaput. I said this in the original thread on page 3/4. This will be Putin’s greatest mistake.

And I was chided by some saying “Putin great leader” “Putin not insane” “calculated risks”

😂🤣😂

Calculated risks my arse.

What kind of bombs are these that dont seek to kill anyone. They are all moaning and running. Why not makes projectiles that kill the enemy?
Limitations of the drones on how much explosive power they can carry. But I will say that many have been either killed or wounded by the grenades or small mortars. There are drones currently in existence that can carry hundreds of pounds of payload that can be useful to carry larger mortars like 120mm versions. But at the same time they are bigger and easier to be spotted. But thats not deterring the Ukrainians from using something similar with large drones to carry multiple mortars or grenades but are limited in range currently. I've seen heavy cargo drones that can carry hundreds of pounds and go from 100 to 200km range or more.

lol, I don't know why people keep indulge in childish people here.

You are talking about a guy who said this

View attachment 896255

is more defendable than this

View attachment 896256

That said all I need to know about how much he knows about war.......Talking to him on these issue is going to be a giant waste of time.
Where he gets his credibility from is using 'lol' across his sentences. That is what you should take seriously when there is a war going on and people put 'lols'

Last edited:
Again, i dont want to make this a covid thread, but comparing managing 1. 4bil people to small states is just not fair. Still doesn't justify how US had 1 mil ddead. I do suspect Cambodia abd Vietnma is under reporting, who knows. Lol

Yup informed, and you think Russia cannot retaliate? It will be a WW3. US had been warning informing sabre rattling since day one. But still not a single US troop is there. America stronk and people are afraid? Hahahhaha. First start putting some boots on the ground, don't just use mouth powr like the Indians.

Russia lacks precision guidance and ISR, that's their main weakness. After the Soviets fell, their GLONASS system rust2d away, and ffs only 3 spysats? Reality is Russia still owns alot of territory the size of 2 European countries. Take it back then talk. Why did you think Biden had to ask China noy to supply arms? We start pumping intel and open up the precision navigation, Ukraine is toasts.
90% of 1 million dead were because there was no vaccine. More obese elderly population and diabetes. Bad sidefeccts of prosperity. The other is a consequence of free choice: people not following common sense advice and choosing to get it.

You should be comparing death rate of post-vaccine of China and US. US would have also had smaller deaths if it was today shut down like China is and put entire cities under lockdown. Not only bad economically, but also not possible in a democracy to flag somebody on an app and tell them to quarantine.

Yup informed, and you think Russia cannot retaliate? It will be a WW3. US had been warning informing sabre rattling since day one. But still not a single US troop is there. America stronk and people are afraid? Hahahhaha. First start putting some boots on the ground, don't just use mouth powr like the Indians.
Do you desire nuclear war?

US launched Operation Cyclone to arm and train the so-called Mujahideen to fight and push USSR out from Afghanistan: this strategy worked. US have adopted similar model to arm and train Ukranian forces to fight and push Russia out from Ukraine.

There is no need for US to be directly involved in a war between Russia and another country when US can influence its outcome through indirect methods.

Obama administration ignored Russian invasion and annexation of parts of Georgia. Obama administration also accommodated Russian mission in Syria. People think that Donald Trump was courting Vladimir Putin, I would say that Barack Obama was also courting Putin.

But US has its RED LINES. The war in Ukraine is too close to NATO for the American Deep State to ignore it. Joe Biden has shown more spine than other American Presidents in terms of confronting Russian bear in decades.

It looks like you are in disbelief about Biden's tough response to Russian nuclear sabre-rattling for Ukraine. Not my problem. Putin knows better.

You accuse Cambodia & Vietnam for underreporting without evidence but not China? Hmmm....

Also LOL if the war in Ukraine tells us anything is that WW3 against the Russian will be a cakewalk. I say bring it on.

Your neighbors doesn't want you to exist either not just the US. Your country are no different than Russia. Also the US didn't just use satellites they also fly spy planes near & inside Ukraine to give full time analysis to the Ukrainian. Sinking of Moskva & pretty much everything else were atributed to western Intel gathering.
Again i think i will stop talking about covid now. What does Vietnam or Cambodia got to do with 1 mil dead yanks? Congrats to them both although I guess their lack of proper diagnostics might not have bren giving an accurate picture.

Btw 4mil dead yindoos is definitely the most extreme

Alot of countries hate US too, but i don't think we want to annihilate them. Indians have a perennial hatred because you lost a war, just let go okay. Hahhahha

90% of 1 million dead were because there was no vaccine. More obese elderly population and diabetes. Bad sidefeccts of prosperity. The other is a consequence of free choice: people not following common sense advice and choosing to get it.

You should be comparing death rate of post-vaccine of China and US. US would have also had smaller deaths if it was today shut down like China is and put entire cities under lockdown. Not only bad economically, but also not possible in a democracy to flag somebody on an app and tell them to quarantine.
Dude stop talking about covid, i can go on and on about the incompetence of the US, 500 ppl are still dying daily in the states, but of course, if it's not reported in the msm, fanboys like you are oblivious.

US launched Operation Cyclone to arm and train the so-called Mujahideen to fight and push USSR out from Afghanistan: this strategy worked. US have adopted similar model to arm and train Ukranian forces to fight and push Russia out from Ukraine.

There is no need for US to be directly involved in a war between Russia and another country when US can influence its outcome through indirect methods.

Obama administration ignored Russian invasion and annexation of parts of Georgia. Obama administration also accommodated Russian mission in Syria. People think that Donald Trump was courting Vladimir Putin, I would say that Barack Obama was also courting Putin.

But US has its RED LINES. The war in Ukraine is too close to NATO for the American Deep State to ignore it. Joe Biden has shown more spine than other American Presidents in terms of confronting Russian bear in decades.

It looks like you are in disbelief about Biden's tough response to Russian nuclear sabre-rattling for Ukraine. Not my problem.
I don't but i think this will happen because of Western arrogance. People seems to forget the source of this conflict.

The red line is pretty simple, we don't bomb you and you don't bomb us. US is not the king here mate, they are many countries with the sane level of destructive power. That's the reason NATO is mostly doing shouting power while giving the weapons for the Ukrainian to fight.

Last edited:
Russia is Kaput. I said this in the original thread on page 3/4. This will be Putin’s greatest mistake.

And I was chided by some saying “Putin great leader” “Putin not insane” “calculated risks”

😂🤣😂

Calculated risks my arse.
He fell for the same self created trap as Saddam, Hitler, Qaddafi: a professional army that was intimidated and out of fear gave incorrect military advice, that the guy acted on and then got his arse handed to him. Lessons that despots should have 2 advisers that don't kiss butt and give them honest advice. Fortunately, despots don't learn from each other so end up in the same self created trap when they rule out of fear

From a Fin Times article a few days ago. Are EMPs weaponized to operate out independently of a nuke? I suppose if they can fry Ukraninans , NATO can also retaliate without the kinetic impact people casualties (and plausable deniability) of a nuke and may be whats keeping Russians at bay ?

Putin’s nuclear threats may hint at an electromagnetic pulse strike​

Roger Pardo-Maurer
So far, Russia’s threats of escalation against Ukraine have been largely interpreted as a veiled reference to the use of traditional nuclear weapons. But there is another tool which Vladimir Putin may be considering: a tactical electromagnetic pulse, or EMP, strike. These weapons — designed to create a powerful pulse of energy which short-circuits electrical equipment such as computers, generators, satellites, radios, radar receivers and traffic lights — could disable Ukraine’s military and civilian infrastructure at a stroke and leave the country without light, heat, communications or transport.
EMP attacks have been explained, and clamoured for, on Russian state TV talk shows. A Russian colonel has demonstrated on air, with maps and charts, how such a blast over the Baltic Sea might work. It may be that Putin and his generals have been warning us about this possibility all along, with their enigmatic threats to unleash unspecified “military-technical measures”.
A tactical nuclear weapon used to create an explosion would most likely be ineffective against the mobile, dispersed combination of guerrilla and conventional warfare that Ukrainians are deploying. But the use of a nuclear weapon for electromagnetic warfare is a different matter. The signature of this type of attack would not be a fireball and mushroom cloud but a weird electric blue medusa orb pulsing directly overhead, followed by silence. At that altitude, the sound will not carry.
A relatively small nuclear EMP, easily deployed at high altitude by Russia’s hypersonic Zircon cruise missiles, might not destroy any buildings or kill anybody. But it could permanently disable electrical circuits over thousands of square miles of Ukrainian territory. Virtually all the defence equipment sent by Nato allies to Ukraine — such as radios, GPS navigation and aerial drones — are dependent on electronics, if not for operations, then for deployment, maintenance and integration. The lingering electromagnetic effects of a strike could destroy 90 per cent of the satellites over the afflicted zone within three months. However, it is likely that Russian information operations on the ground would also be affected.
The US and its allies are by no means oblivious to the dangers of an EMP, and most military equipment has a degree of inbuilt defence against this eventuality. But a strike would create a new battlespace that negates the superiority of our information systems. We have not war-gamed this properly.
In Kherson, for instance, a tactical EMP could disable the systems that operate the region’s dams, clog highways and bridges with miles of disabled vehicles and leave the civilian population struggling for food and heat. In the aftermath of a successful EMP strike, Ukraine would have to pause fighting to restock its ruined arsenal. Putin could meanwhile rebuild and resupply his forces and seize the newly depopulated areas during a spring offensive.
What is perhaps most concerning is that Russia and Nato have such different approaches to these weapons. Under Russian military doctrine, EMP strikes are a branch of information, cyber and electronic warfare rather than nuclear warfare. This lowers the bar and may render EMPs even more tempting to Putin’s beleaguered generals.
So, what next? First, we must warn Russia that an EMP strike against Ukraine, even if localised, would cross the nuclear threshold and trigger a collective defence response from Nato. The unpredictable effects of spillover on the atmosphere, the environment, satellites and downwind populations should suffice as a rationale for invoking Article Five (Nato’s collective defence clause).
Second, we should help the Ukrainian military prepare. An EMP strike is survivable. We should support them in conducting live EMP drills with the participation of the civilian authorities. The Ukrainian people need to be educated about how to mitigate and overcome such an attack, including by stocking up on analogue radios, flashlights and batteries. Preparation, fortitude, ingenuity and self-reliance are already qualities with which Ukrainians have distinguished themselves in this war.
Finally, we must rethink our objectives. If Putin is contemplating the use of a tactical EMP, then what is at stake is not just Ukraine’s liberty but the future of warfare. If we yield to the Kremlin’s nuclear blackmail, there is a risk other countries will follow its lead: China and North Korea already have EMP capabilities. The situation in Ukraine offers a keyhole glimpse to a potentially more dangerous and uncertain future. We cannot afford to lose this fight

It looks like you are in disbelief about Biden's tough response to Russian nuclear sabre-rattling for Ukraine. Not my problem. Putin knows better.
I remember that Bush (the warmonger that went everywehre) even was at peace with Putin and said 'he peered into his soul'. This was 4 years after Economist had written in detail about how Putin will be playing the long game and has bigger goals that the US and NATO are underestimating him

Dude stop talking about covid, i can go on and on about the incompetence of the US, 500 ppl are still dying daily in the states, but of course, if it's not reported in the msm, fanboys like you are oblivious.
I didn't start the COVID thread you did by attacking that 1M Americans were killed. Look under the consipiracy of your own country in hiding the facts from Wuhan for 4 months that led to this destruction. And daily incompetence in shutting down entire cities of 10M while factory workers escape from plants. Height of incompetence is to have a lower GDP growth rate than anybody else in Asia. China needs to get to its full potential and stop acting like a sissi state and keeping its population sheltered. China needs to compete with India on its growth trajectory. Right now GDP growth is slightly higher than US. It needs to be highest in the world

When you put your head in the sand, like your Govt, you will be called on it with facts. If you don't wish to be distracted than stop bringing in useless conversations into the thread. You said another one about 'pension funds losing money' and all that. It is becoming other members fulltime job to educate you (we will do it one Chinese at a time about how the economy works and how inflation works. Not everything is a doing of the invasion. Fortunately most CHinese are exceptional and don't need this education, but you run out of military facts so you come with propoganda (Trump word of alternate facts) .

He fell for the same self created trap as Saddam, Hitler, Qaddafi: a professional army that was intimidated and out of fear gave incorrect military advice, that the guy acted on and then got his arse handed to him. Lessons that despots should have 2 advisers that don't kiss butt and give them honest advice. Fortunately, despots don't learn from each other so end up in the same self created trap when they rule out of fear

From a Fin Times article a few days ago. Are EMPs weaponized to operate out independently of a nuke? I suppose if they can fry Ukraninans , NATO can also retaliate without the kinetic impact people casualties (and plausable deniability) of a nuke and may be whats keeping Russians at bay ?

Putin’s nuclear threats may hint at an electromagnetic pulse strike​

Roger Pardo-Maurer
So far, Russia’s threats of escalation against Ukraine have been largely interpreted as a veiled reference to the use of traditional nuclear weapons. But there is another tool which Vladimir Putin may be considering: a tactical electromagnetic pulse, or EMP, strike. These weapons — designed to create a powerful pulse of energy which short-circuits electrical equipment such as computers, generators, satellites, radios, radar receivers and traffic lights — could disable Ukraine’s military and civilian infrastructure at a stroke and leave the country without light, heat, communications or transport.
EMP attacks have been explained, and clamoured for, on Russian state TV talk shows. A Russian colonel has demonstrated on air, with maps and charts, how such a blast over the Baltic Sea might work. It may be that Putin and his generals have been warning us about this possibility all along, with their enigmatic threats to unleash unspecified “military-technical measures”.
A tactical nuclear weapon used to create an explosion would most likely be ineffective against the mobile, dispersed combination of guerrilla and conventional warfare that Ukrainians are deploying. But the use of a nuclear weapon for electromagnetic warfare is a different matter. The signature of this type of attack would not be a fireball and mushroom cloud but a weird electric blue medusa orb pulsing directly overhead, followed by silence. At that altitude, the sound will not carry.
A relatively small nuclear EMP, easily deployed at high altitude by Russia’s hypersonic Zircon cruise missiles, might not destroy any buildings or kill anybody. But it could permanently disable electrical circuits over thousands of square miles of Ukrainian territory. Virtually all the defence equipment sent by Nato allies to Ukraine — such as radios, GPS navigation and aerial drones — are dependent on electronics, if not for operations, then for deployment, maintenance and integration. The lingering electromagnetic effects of a strike could destroy 90 per cent of the satellites over the afflicted zone within three months. However, it is likely that Russian information operations on the ground would also be affected.
The US and its allies are by no means oblivious to the dangers of an EMP, and most military equipment has a degree of inbuilt defence against this eventuality. But a strike would create a new battlespace that negates the superiority of our information systems. We have not war-gamed this properly.
In Kherson, for instance, a tactical EMP could disable the systems that operate the region’s dams, clog highways and bridges with miles of disabled vehicles and leave the civilian population struggling for food and heat. In the aftermath of a successful EMP strike, Ukraine would have to pause fighting to restock its ruined arsenal. Putin could meanwhile rebuild and resupply his forces and seize the newly depopulated areas during a spring offensive.
What is perhaps most concerning is that Russia and Nato have such different approaches to these weapons. Under Russian military doctrine, EMP strikes are a branch of information, cyber and electronic warfare rather than nuclear warfare. This lowers the bar and may render EMPs even more tempting to Putin’s beleaguered generals.
So, what next? First, we must warn Russia that an EMP strike against Ukraine, even if localised, would cross the nuclear threshold and trigger a collective defence response from Nato. The unpredictable effects of spillover on the atmosphere, the environment, satellites and downwind populations should suffice as a rationale for invoking Article Five (Nato’s collective defence clause).
Second, we should help the Ukrainian military prepare. An EMP strike is survivable. We should support them in conducting live EMP drills with the participation of the civilian authorities. The Ukrainian people need to be educated about how to mitigate and overcome such an attack, including by stocking up on analogue radios, flashlights and batteries. Preparation, fortitude, ingenuity and self-reliance are already qualities with which Ukrainians have distinguished themselves in this war.
Finally, we must rethink our objectives. If Putin is contemplating the use of a tactical EMP, then what is at stake is not just Ukraine’s liberty but the future of warfare. If we yield to the Kremlin’s nuclear blackmail, there is a risk other countries will follow its lead: China and North Korea already have EMP capabilities. The situation in Ukraine offers a keyhole glimpse to a potentially more dangerous and uncertain future. We cannot afford to lose this fight

I recall one Russian officer who argued that invasion of Ukraine is grave miscalculation but he was shunned, ridiculed, and even physically abused by his comrades.

This is what blind nationalism does to a society - it makes people blind and overconfident to the point that they do not pay heed to sane voices from within the society but go as far as to suppress them instead.

A man can be patriotic and pragmatic. A society can be patriotic and pragmatic by extension.

For perspective: I strive to be patriotic and pragmatic. If I can then others can follow suit as well. I want the best for my country like any patriotic Pakistani. But I insist on "common sense decisions." I caution against playing games with Foreign powers because they will respond in kind and blind nationalists will not like it. Be upfront about your interests in your dealings with Foreign powers on one hand and choose your battles wisely on the other hand.

Where he gets his credibility from is using 'lol' across his sentences. That is what you should take seriously when there is a war going on and people put 'lols'
First of all, most of these people treat war like a game, you win or lose. I have been to a war, when you lose, you are dead, and even if you win, you are probably going to be dead inside. When you think this is a game, or this is a joke or a way to dick measure, then you don't see it seriously, and what come next is to blabbing their mouth off, because they will never experience what people experience in war, whether or not as a civilian or soldier, for me, I used to look my people in the eye and tll him to charge a fix machine gun position while you try to flank it, that's what I do as a 2LT. That's not a game, that's comes with responsibility, people died because of this, but then they will never feel it.

Second of all, these people have no idea how war work, sure, nuke is easy to talk about when you are ten thousand mile away and just try to bullshit people, I mean, one of them keep saying US don't dare do this or don't dare do that, in war, dare or not dare is not an issue here, I have people I know scare shitless first time when they come under fire, bullet start grazing above your head, that sound you will never forget, but then yes, it's not their head, so what do they care?? Talk is cheap, I can say a lot of thing here, but I won't because for people who had experience war, just to think about it brought you back to hell. nobody fought in a war want to see another war in their life time. But when your experience is just watching it on TV, well, that's what you think war were.

That's why these people are a joke, for them, a war is a punchline, a point of dick measure, how good it was for you and how bad it was for other, suffering on both side did not exist in their mind, I once had one of these PDF folks tell me do i want to bet on the War in Russia with him, I mean are you for real? Do you think this is some kind of sport game? If you want to bet, go bet on horses, don't bet on people misfortune, and that how these people treat war.

Oh that hurts. Alexander Dugin, the ideological brain behind Russia invasion of Ukraine, is not happy with Putin.
Putin must watch out. Dugin openly calls for Putin’s assassination.

"We give the ruler absolute fullness of power, and he saves us all, the people, the state, people, citizens, at a critical moment. If for this he surrounds himself with s*** or spits on social justice, this is unpleasant, but if only he saves. Then - the fate of the 'king of the rains'."

Dugin was furious at the loss of Kherson
Dugin

Oh that hurts. Alexander Dugin, the ideological brain behind Russia invasion of Ukraine, is not happy with Putin.
Putin must watch out. Dugin openly calls for Putin’s assassination.

"We give the ruler absolute fullness of power, and he saves us all, the people, the state, people, citizens, at a critical moment. If for this he surrounds himself with s*** or spits on social justice, this is unpleasant, but if only he saves. Then - the fate of the 'king of the rains'."

Dugin was furious at the loss of Kherson
Dugin

Expect some "unfortunate" window falling or Dugin offered tea in the coming weeks.

Russia's Lavrov taken to hospital upon arrival at G20 summit​

Peak of normal crude oil already happened more than one decade ago, and that's the cause of diesel being more expensive than gasoline currently in some countries (like Spain), something unique in history (it always was cheaper same amount of diesel than gasoline).
lol, diesel was cheaper in Australia than petrol for last 20 years.
So true, Its like he cared very little about europe and always worrying about Kenya.
I used to look my people in the eye and tll him to charge a fix machine gun position while you try to flank it, that's what I do as a 2LT. That's not a game, that's comes with responsibility, people died because of this,
Why not just call in artillery or an airstrike instead of losing a soldier over it?

Why not just call in artillery or an airstrike instead of losing a soldier over it?
We are not Russian; we don't call Artillery for just 2 dudes with a Machinegun.....

I don't understand where this come from, I mean, we can't fight a war if we call artillery all the time whenever we hit MG Nest, Road Block, Firing Port, Strong Point, well, okay strong point maybe. But you don't generally hit with with arty for any obstacle you face, you are an infantry officer for a reason, your job is to unfuck the situation on the ground, that mean you will need to find someway to progress with the war and not calling support all the time...

I mean, maybe it's on TV or what, but if I call Air Strike or Artillery strike on a bunker complex, they will laugh at me over the net and then tell me to take care of it myself when they stop laughing.....

Back
Top Bottom