What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

The Russian Mi-8MTV-5 helicopter was named the Mad Eight after one of its sorties in Ukraine. The Mi-8MTV-5 is a modern modification of the Mi-8MT helicopter, developed taking into account the experience of combat use.

The MTLB tractor was modernized in Donetsk. The car was equipped with protection and a 23-mm ZU-23-2 twin anti-aircraft gun, and a 12.7 Utes machine gun was also installed.

The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine showed the exercises of the Marine Corps of Ukraine. The video shows one of the units crossing the river, the location of the exercises is unknown.

The Russian army, using Mi-26 transport helicopters, is transferring troops to the Kharkov direction to create a strike group of troops. Details and the purpose of the transfer of Russian troops are in the interview with the military correspondent in the video (Youtube subtitles)

Footage of lost and abandoned Ukrainian military equipment in the Izyumsko-Kupyansky direction. The video shows three Ukrainian-made infantry fighting vehicles and a new Turkish-made Kirpi armored personnel carrier. And two armored personnel carriers and a pickup truck from one of the mobile groups.

This is all quite remarkable. To me and any foreign military official, it only demonstrates western power and military might. This is supposedly the second most powerful military on the run.

also, the really scary thing is, Russia might be the number 2 army in the world. I'm not sure which army would do better.

This tells you all you need to know about america's military. Can you imagine US army being overrun like this? there would be hundreds if not thousands of aircraft in the air providing air support and blowing everything up.

Why isn't russia sending thousands of aircraft to counter this? They probably dont have them. Or they know they will mainly be shot down.

This is just humiliating.

I understand one thing though.. Russia is committing 150K troops against 350k Ukrainian troops..
Russian leadership must be complete morons then. Trying to conquer, rape and pillage a neighboring country with half as many soldiers as the defenders.. Or are you trying to say Russia has something to be proud of?

-6137-1662857936_r_460x0.jpg
Service members of the State Security Service of Ukraine patrol of an area of the recently liberated town of Kupiansk, amid Russia's attack on Ukraine, in Kharkiv region, Ukraine in this handout picture released September 10, 2022. Photo by Press Service of the State Security Service of Ukraine/Reuters

This is all quite remarkable. To me and any foreign military official, it only demonstrates western power and military might. This is supposedly the second most powerful military on the run.

also, the really scary thing is, Russia might be the number 2 army in the world. I'm not sure which army would do better.

This tells you all you need to know about america's military. Can you imagine US army being overrun like this? there would be hundreds if not thousands of aircraft in the air providing air support and blowing everything up.

Why isn't russia sending thousands of aircraft to counter this? They probably dont have them. Or they know they will mainly be shot down.

This is just humiliating.
Russia is supposed to have over 1500 combat aircraft…..

Yet 200 days into the 3 day special operation they still did not control the skies…and couldnt even aid the troops being overrun in kharkiv

I think russia just turned out to be a massive paper tiger. Their numbers badly maintained or cannibilised/sold for parts.

Russian leadership must be complete morons then. Trying to conquer, rape and pillage a neighboring country with half as many soldiers as the defenders.. Or are you trying to say Russia has something to be proud of?
That’s propaganda. When the war began Russia fighting groups including separatists, mercenaries, ex hooligans, ex inmates, ex drug addicts are about 230,000 men. Then coming estimated 50,000 men re-enforcement. The new 3rd army corps, etc. that’s almost the entire Russia land army. Then you add Russia airforce personnel, Russia Black Sea fleet personnel.

If you add civilians working behind the front lines that support the war, then the number goes to one million.

Not to forget, to mention, Putin has turned the economy into a war machine by a parliament vote. That means the entire Russia manufacturing supports the war against Ukraine.

This is true or not ?
It’s war, not kindergarten. Zelinskki has threatened, I believe, there is a presidential order, any Ukrainain that works with the enemy will be treated as enemy.
Probably not all but the worst traitors will be treated properly by a mobile execution commando.

Definitely. I know we have thousands that are in storage since the Marines and the Army are replacing them with JTLV. 2000 armored Humvees armed with air to air or anti tank or troop transport is dirt cheap for the fight in Ukraine and we are not sending in Abrams or Bradleys in there. Except in post war with export to Ukraine maybe. Should also send in M1117 vehicles as well.

Anyways need for speed and mobility is important as we saw in Kharkiv region. As well as in Kherson.

Pretty sure Post War Ukraine WILL have a lot of American Equipment floating around, it would be mostly likely on US list, they are cheap, they are outdated for the US but they can pack a lot of power.

On the other hand, would anyone want to piss off Ukraine after this war is over??

Kherson is different than Kharkiv, the Ukrainian was using a textbook probing and exploit attack in Kharkiv, they can do that because Russian hollow out most of their troop in Kharkiv and send them to Kherson. Notice that they gradually exploit the Russian line by moving and overlapping each other. That is a standard exploiting attack. Kherson on the other hand, have to be taken by brute force, as I said, I don't think Russian position is tenable in Kherson with all the bridges are blown, now with Kharkiv gone, it will severely limited Russian logistic option. They probably could not hold out until winter.

But then they can't do what they do in Kharkiv in Kherson, because Russian has dug in, you need to dislodge their position methodically. Unless Russia is really incompetent, which after Kharkiv, I am not too sure the competence of Russian troop anymore.

Don't know if they will give them a 100. At least 50 would be optimistic. Hopefully they sped up production on the missiles as well as artillery rounds. Not just from U.S. but also other countries. Helps they all contribute.

They can, but whether or not they will is another problem, 50 is similar to 100, If US don't want to give them that much, that's because 50 or 100 HIMARS is very powerful as shown in this war. What 16 can do, now try to imagine what 50 can do? Maybe they will do something on HIMARS on FMS later on? But I wouldn't think the US will give them anymore.

Any chance they could spearhead into Luhansk region? I've seen the Oskil River doesn't look too wide or too deep in some parts especially north of Kupyansk. Should use artillery and drones and HIMARS to hit any possible defensive line that the Russians may try to establish on the other side of the river while spearheading at the same time. Would scare the Russians that are busying attacking Sloviansk and trying to maintain control over other cities and towns in that direction especially Lysychansk and Sievierodonesk.

With Kupiansk and Izyum gone, they are going to exploit Lyman and then Eastward, Lyman is already said to be about to fall, there are no way Russia can defend Lyman now if the Ukrainian also push from Sloviansk, they would envelope Lyman in 3 sides, Once Lyman is gone, that will threaten Russian line of Communication between LNR pre-2014 territories and new Occupied land, there are meaningful supply in pre-2014 LNR held territories and attacking them would be hard, but pre-2014 Ukrainian held territories would be another matter. There are no defensive lines for Siveredonetsk and Lysychansk, there are no defence line in Popasna, which mean if Ukraine attack now, most likely the Russian have to fall back to Pre-2014 LNR position to have anything defendable.

So yes, I would imagine Ukraine will take a few days break taking control and consolidate the gain they made, and then breakout Northward from Kharkiv and Eastward toward rest of Luhansk.

Another thing I want to say is now the entire Russian operation was supplied by Kerch Strait and Bridge, I am more than certain Ukraine is going to do something to that Bridge in Kerch Strait.

Back
Top Bottom