What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

It is estimated to rebuild Ukraine would take about 350 bils. We can count China out of this.

It’s war, not kindergarten. Zelinskki has threatened, I believe, there is a presidential order, any Ukrainain that works with the enemy will be treated as enemy.
Probably not all but the worst traitors will be treated properly by a mobile execution commando.
I think it's general norm anyone that collaborate with the enemy is committing treason, and in most country, the punishment of Treason is death.

This is all quite remarkable. To me and any foreign military official, it only demonstrates western power and military might. This is supposedly the second most powerful military on the run.

also, the really scary thing is, Russia might be the number 2 army in the world. I'm not sure which army would do better.

This tells you all you need to know about america's military. Can you imagine US army being overrun like this? there would be hundreds if not thousands of aircraft in the air providing air support and blowing everything up.

Why isn't russia sending thousands of aircraft to counter this? They probably dont have them. Or they know they will mainly be shot down.

This is just humiliating.

I guess that communication between Russian air force and Russian land forces is so bad that if they send fighters to bomb convoys moving on roads they most likely hit their own units, and since Russians lack GPM's it means they do strikes with dump munitions making their planes vulnerable to all kinda SAM system, even MANPADS what have relatively short range.

USAF would simply pummel advancing Ukrainian columns with smart munitions from far away... Russian air force simply doesn't have that capability. This all must make Chinese sweat because they've basically arranged their air force same way with emphasis put on dump bombs vs mass quantaties of more expensive smart munitions.

I guess that communication between Russian air force and Russian land forces is so bad that if they send fighters to bomb convoys moving on roads they most likely hit their own units, and since Russians lack GPM's it means they do strikes with dump munitions making their planes vulnerable to all kinda SAM system, even MANPADS what have relatively short range.

USAF would simply pummel advancing Ukrainian columns with smart munitions from far away... Russian air force simply doesn't have that capability. This all must make Chinese sweat because they've basically arranged their air force same way with emphasis put on dump bombs vs mass quantaties of more expensive smart munitions.

Some people here don't get the Russian air force is garbage,they can't conduct effective CAS missions given their AF lacks targeting pods and guided bombs,uses in majority unguided bombs and rockets,thus to provide CAS they have to fly low at the mercy of Ukrainian manpads and medium range air defence systems which are saturating the sky. Given also the bad inter arms capabilities and communications of the Russian armed forces,this is a path to a total disaster.

This is the reason you see Russians conducting strikes in Ukraine from Russia using cruise missiles.

It’s war, not kindergarten. Zelinskki has threatened, I believe, there is a presidential order, any Ukrainain that works with the enemy will be treated as enemy.
Probably not all but the worst traitors will be treated properly by a mobile execution commando.
That is not the point. We are not im kindergarten duh. This is pro russian twitter account admits the russians retreat.

For both India / China - this war is an eye opener on the quality of Russian systems they have inducted and Soviet era tactics they rely on.

Having said that, it does seem that the average Russian soldier is very poorly trained, so full extrapolation is a tad difficult as-well.

In the case of China - she has the industrial capability to develop large quantities of smart weapons quickly and upgrade her airforce, and induct new operational tactics.

India will most likely go on a USA shopping spree - the recent articles about "running" out of weapons to deter China is part of the Indian establishment approach to try to unshackle itself from some Modi directives of make in India and to go on a buying spree(with all the lovely associated commissions the middlemen would get of course). I expect to see large quantities of HIMARS ordered by India - including the long range ATACMS rockets that give it the 300km range. This will have a negative effect on the PA doctrine for sure, but would give India the long range precision "surgical strike" capability against Pakistan it longs for ...

A lot of lessons learnt for a lot of countries for sure.

Last edited:
This is all quite remarkable. To me and any foreign military official, it only demonstrates western power and military might. This is supposedly the second most powerful military on the run.

also, the really scary thing is, Russia might be the number 2 army in the world. I'm not sure which army would do better.

This tells you all you need to know about america's military. Can you imagine US army being overrun like this? there would be hundreds if not thousands of aircraft in the air providing air support and blowing everything up.

Why isn't russia sending thousands of aircraft to counter this? They probably dont have them. Or they know they will mainly be shot down.

This is just humiliating.
The key failure of this war is not personnel or equipment the Russian had, but the command structure and the war aim.

In a long story very short, they put the wrong people in charge of this operation, and I don't know who's in Russian army is capable to put in charge.....The execute of this war was handled badly since the beginning.

Take Battle of Kyiv for example, once that was bogged down in the first 2 weeks, the High Command should have do something about that, instead of waiting for almost 5 weeks before declaring the Kyiv assault is dead and move on to the next object. What we did in the US would not allow this to happen. In Iraqi Freedom, 3rd Infantry was tasked to assault thru Karbala Gap to strike within range of Baghdad, we failed (I was with the 3d Infantry in Iraq, but I wasn't at Karbala Gap), we underestimated their combat strength, so we modify the plan and the 3d ID continue on and by-pass Karbala Gap and 101st Airborne (the follow up unit) would stay and fight, that make sure we got to Baghdad on time.

None of this was done after the initial set back from Kyiv.

In number term, Russia have enough to take Ukraine, how they use their unit is the problem here, and that is a serious problem.

As for can you imagine US troop being run off like that? Well, a good army will withdraw before it gets to that point, we would have been long gone before that can happen. This is a complete failure of Russian military, they didn't even know Ukrainian are at the doorstep until they were knocking on their door, hence this rout.......

India maybe buying a large number of Himars soon, but the Himalayas cut both ways and can India win in a war or attrition against China when China could just produce more and fly them to the frontlines around the clock.

The US should have recognized the Chechen Republic under Aslan Maskhadov after the first Chechen war in the early 90s, it would have gained another ally like Kosovo.

The problem India has - is that there is not much of value to hit in Tibet for HIMARS.. but China has its own version of HIMARs and there is alof of high value items for China to hit in India in such an exchange, as even New Delhi is in range.

If India does procure the HIMARs, it will be for Pakistan and not China.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom