What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

He is known to spam 4-5 threads per day in specific sections. In a week,that section is full of his threads and threads by other people go back to pages nobody checks. He usually spams everything that comes in his mind. He has a question in his mind? He posts it. He imagines a war? He makes a thread about it. He wants to say his opinion on something? He makes a thread about it.

He has been going ham in this thread but more as a counterbalance to the users I mentioned who do the same thing. Out of the things you've listed he isn't the only person doing this, and making threads is part and parcel of a forum. You discuss things, and you have sticky threads for important issues.

I also don’t start 30 new threads a day like Supaboy

but you do spam this thread, 100%

He has been going ham in this thread but more as a counterbalance to the users I mentioned who do the same thing. Out of the things you've listed he isn't the only person doing this, and making threads is part and parcel of a forum. You discuss things, and you have sticky threads for important issues.
This is spam:

Screenshot_2023-04-23 Europe Russia(1).png

Screenshot_2023-04-23 Europe Russia.png

@Daylamite Warrior

You have no idea about this yongpeng guy. There will be a Russian sneeze and this guy will post it. It becomes difficult to stop him. I told him to slow down and pick most informative tweets. But nope. He opened a thread about me instead. His recent ban is due to posting BS about me.

I will see how he will behave when he returns. Enough of his BS.

@Daylamite Warrior

You have no idea about this yongpeng guy. There will be a Russian sneeze and this guy will post it. It becomes difficult to stop him. I told him to slow down and pick most informative tweets. But nope. He opened a thread about me instead.

His recent ban is due to posting BS about me.

I will see how he behave when he returns. Enough of his BS.

I follow his posts, I know him very well. but, fair play for not permanently banning him, at least.

@Daylamite Warrior

You have no idea about this yongpeng guy. There will be a Russian sneeze and this guy will post it. It becomes difficult to stop him. I told him to slow down and pick most informative tweets. But nope. He opened a thread about me instead. His recent ban is due to posting BS about me.

I will see how he will behave when he returns. Enough of his BS.
He himself is a troll and has tried to flame me in the past. Telling him about the Chinese guy is useless I guess.

Leopard 2A4 = 1
Leopard 2A6 = 2

Generally speaking, some vehicle losses are due to "mines."
There are conflicting reports. Shoigu says Ukraine lost 6 leopards 2. Russia army spokesman says Ukraine lost 4. Visually confirmed Ukraine lost 1 leopards 2. Russia surveillance drone had made pictures from the scene.
1 is abandoned. No report which side will try to recover the abandoned leopards 2. The tank lies in no man land.

So how many Leopard tanks did Ukraine lose near Mala Tokmachka? ~~

So how many Leopard tanks did Ukraine lose near Mala Tokmachka? ~~

5 Bradley – 1 of them is irretrievable, the rest are abandoned.
1 Leopard 2A6 – 1 is seriously damaged and only the repair facility will determine its repairability.
1 IMR based on T-54/55 is abandoned.

In the past Nato has 'fought' people who were hopelessly under equipped with no air support. This is the first time that Nato is fighting an enemy with similar weaponry, or even better.

No more easy victories.
Please define past: 1991 Iraq was not under equipped and Serbia in late 90s was not under equipped. Both were proportionately equipped with the current Russian weaponry at the time

So is china so is Russia. What’s your point? Those with a population decline should just decline and give up their territory to Africans who are not declining. I see the idiotic ‘population decline’ and ‘everything once belonged to Russia’ posts are back

The main thing about reading/studying history is to recognize patterns because history is made by humans and we prefers to act within known parameters -- each to our own. Major events, such as wars and natural disasters, reveals how we resort to our 'bags of tricks' to deal with these life altering events. Whatever comes out of this Russia-Ukraine war, Europe will have to face the harsh reality that NATO is institutionally obsolete. NATO members giving hardware to Ukraine while at the same time arguing between each other as to what hardware and when. A better vehicle for mutual defense would have had troops. Now, it is likely too late for sending troops to Ukraine because enough time as passed for NATO member states to be intimidated by an aggressor.

Am not saying this as a 'shoulda coulda woulda' criticism, even though it may sounds that way. The Soviet Union was not militarily defeated but deterred, and deterred for long enough time that its own rot killed it. That should have been the moment for Europe to create its own version of NATO. Russia was in political turmoil in many fronts, from its own leadership (Boris Yeltsin) to Chechnya, its military severely demoralized and weakened, leaving only its nuclear weapons the only branch worthwhile. Using a medical analogy, that should have been when the European body rallied against a weakened Russian virus. That virus became stronger because the body REFUSED to build its own antibodies and instead relied on external sources -- the US. Now, a European country is devastated a la WW II with no assurance that neighbors will not suffer the same fate. It is irrelevant if Ukraine is NATO or EU member and it is even more irrelevant to the Western Hemisphere and Asia. All the rest of the world saw is a country no different than that of an arm or leg, then an aggressive Russia using whatever specious reasoning it can find to invade that country, and it is even more pathetic that instead of taking natural resources, the rest of the world saw the aggressor stole material goods such as television and household appliances. The Russian Bear is gnawing at a European limb while the main body debate on what to do next. The problem here is that WW II is not 'ancient' history but the European brain swiftly forgot it.
AFAIK, NATO is not providing anything. Individual NATO (and non-NATO) nations are. EU is coordinating humanitarian help including refugees.
EU are also doing joint purchasing of ammunition, similar to that of the CoVid vaccine.

A European NATO would not be very different from current NATO.
The US would not be fond of a European Army and it does not like if European defense funds are spent on European Arms.
The US can create a European NATO by leaving, but it is considered a bad idea by Pentagon, and there is no argument for creating a separate organisation proven by the support Macron has seen as its only proponent.

Last edited:

Kyiv breaks through Russia's first defensive lines​

Ukraine’s counter-offensive has already broken through the first Russian lines of defence in places, but its army has taken casualties, British military intelligence said on Saturday.

The Ministry of Defence said that the Ukrainian soldiers had met “mixed” resistance, with some Russian units holding their ground but others fleeing, with some forced to retreat through their own minefields.
“In some areas, Ukrainian forces have likely made good progress and penetrated the first line of Russian defences. In others, Ukrainian progress has been slower,” the MoD said.
Ukraine had warned that Russian air superiority would be a problem for its offensive and the MoD said that Russian fighter jets had been “unusually active” over front line battlefields.

>> apparently the Russia airforce has started to turn up a little.

The Ukrainians are suffering the very same fate that has plagued the Russians in their offensive - the lack of combined arms operations and no air cover. It seems neither side can provide adequate air cover for their armour or infantry, especially when mounting offensive operations.

On paper at least the Russians should be far more capable in this regard, but clearly their incompetence would say otherwise. As I have repeatedly said, the failure of the Russians is the story of the failure of their airpower, or rather lack thereof.

Back
Top Bottom