What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

These set of moralities, what specific treaties are you referring to (I am saying it in ernst to learn): were these put in place post WWII ? Or later or earlier? Or more after the 70s?

I am not sure that looked objectively what happened by bombing Hanoi would be considered much different than what Kiev is going through now.
Everything. Am not talking about the Geneva Convention but includes the undocumented moral arguments, pre and post WW II, from all sides. If anyone has precedents, it is US. We firebombed JPN and Germany, remember? But we did not employed the same in Iraq and Afghanistan. We developed more precise munition, true that it is less out of those moral concerns and more out of tactical needs, but the outcome is still the same -- less civilian casualties.

Before our squadron deployed to Desert Storm, we had a briefing where our ROE were three main items:

- Aircrew recovery
- Airframe recovery
- Target destruction

Basically, if any sortie is uncertain when over the target, RTB fully armed if necessary. The rules were not absolute for all situations but at least they gave us what we called 'partly cloudy' guidance rather than full haze and fog as so often happened in previous generations of air strikes. Am using weather terms metaphorically here.

Avoidance of civilian casualties -- as much as tactically feasible -- is now embedded in Western armed forces. Russia do not have to be signatory to our agreements regarding conducts in warfare but that does not exclude Russia from criticism and even legal prosecution if necessary.

So it's confirmed Bakhmut is in our hearts now?
Nah, but that meaningless victory sure is living in your head at the cost of at least 50,000 Russian deaths.

But but Ukraine downed ALL Russian drones and missiles, why are they soooo angry?
You do realize that this is an attack on Russia and not Ukraine, right?

Lmao

Last edited:
Nah, but that meaningless victory sure is living in your head at the cost of at least 50,000 Russian deaths.

You do realize that this is an attack on Russia and not Ukraine, right?

Lmao
Exactly, Ukraine suddenly went kamikaze right after a 'useless' Russian drone attack. My question is the reaction does not look like Russian attacks did not hurt at all. Just saying.

Remember fotress Bakhmut? And Jewlinsky said Bakhmut remains in our heart.lolol 50k?that's a number i heard were lost by the Ukrainians where some ragtag Wagner prisoners destroyed the most elite of the Ukrainians. I still remember how that Wagner chef went dramatic and complained as if they were collapsing and then a week later, victory. It was a simple trap for the egoistic to grind the meat so to speak until none are left.

Natural gas price sinking and sinking, eventually can sink below zero. Buyers get money if they buy. Market paradox.

How will Russia get the money to pay the wagners zombies? Prigozhin reportedly asks Moscow for $100 million payments per month.

Exactly, Ukraine suddenly went kamikaze right after a 'useless' Russian drone attack. My question is the reaction does not look like Russian attacks did not hurt at all. Just saying.

Remember fotress Bakhmut? And Jewlinsky said Bakhmut remains in our heart.lolol 50k?that's a number i heard were lost by the Ukrainians where some ragtag Wagner prisoners destroyed the most elite of the Ukrainians. I still remember how that Wagner chef went dramatic and complained as if they were collapsing and then a week later, victory. It was a simple trap for the egoistic to grind the meat so to speak until none are left.
It's a war, if Russia is allowed to attack Ukrainian territory, so is Ukraine allowed to attack Russian territory.

Just because the Russians are incompetent, doesn't mean they didn't try.

And nice job with your subtle racism. This is why I don't trust online Chinese nationalists, they make stupid claims and almost all of then harbor racist views.

Prigozhin him self admitted to 20K Russian deaths, and as the Russian propagandist Girkin rightly pointed out that still leaves about 20k unaccounted for (10k were allowed to head back to Russia), which means that at the very least Russian losses are 40k

Wagner is leaving Bakhmut knowing full well that it's going to get encircled. Prigozhin wouldn't leave if he was confident that Russia could hold the city.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

New Tactics | Drone Swarm Attack. Military Summary And Analysis For 2023.05.30

Donbass Zugzwang | Impressive Results Of A Dagger Strike. Military Summary And Analysis 2023.05.30

It's a war, if Russia is allowed to attack Ukrainian territory, so is Ukraine allowed to attack Russian territory.

Just because the Russians are incompetent, doesn't mean they didn't try.

And nice job with your subtle racism. This is why I don't trust online Chinese nationalists, they make stupid claims and almost all of then harbor racist views.

Prigozhin him self admitted to 20K Russian deaths, and as the Russian propagandist Girkin rightly pointed out that still leaves about 20k unaccounted for (10k were allowed to head back to Russia), which means that at the very least Russian losses are 40k

Wagner is leaving Bakhmut knowing full well that it's going to get encircled. Prigozhin wouldn't leave if he was confident that Russia could hold the city.

You have no idea what you're talking about
One thing I would add, beside the fact that you were talking to an idiot who have no tactical and strategical sense, is that The situation in Bakhmut has not changed since early May when Wagner called "Victory". Russian is about 90-95% on Bakhmut (they still are now) and they had not close off T-0504 which can feed supply in Bakhmut. Which is now probably impossible to close as the Ukrainians are rolling up the Russian flanks.

So basically, they are claiming victory then in a situation they could have done so weeks before. Which is not completely a victory. They had done this so they can basically say "I am done, you pick up this mess" There are no strategic advantage on Wagner withdrawing from Bakhmut, you dilute the defence of the area,

That mean Bakhmut is untenable enough for the Wagner to stay, that means almost certainly trouble is coming.

Back
Top Bottom