What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Russia 'using washing machine parts in missiles' as Putin feels the heat from sanctions​

>> So thats why Russian Soldiers keep stealing washing machines from Ukraine ?

Even very cheap recently made washing machines come with rather powerful inverters featuring power electronics which would've costed thousands few decades ago.

russia’s effort to hit critical energy stations over winter to freeze ukranian population into submission failed.

It seems to personally hurt you that the iranian shaheds are less and less effective attacking civilian infrastructure
if Ukrainian tell the truth why not show the evidence?

Apparently the naval drone was destroyed by an explosion triggered by the Russian ship ramming the drone with its side.
as i said intercepted by ship itself not any countermeasure applied by the ship

Because the proof of burden rests with Russia?

Russia is the one that keeps claiming things it either can't prove or are easily debunked.

Case in point the recent successful attack on a Russian warship that Russia denied was successful...until Ukraine released video of the operation.

As it is, no one has any reason to believe Russia. They've shown they're extremely incompetent at both telling the truth and lying.

Why did this post by The SC get a negative rating by the mods? This poster has been posting sources from both sides of the conflict ever since it started. Is it simply because it offended a particular mod? Clearly the mods are very pro US and NATO.
because Lloyd “Raytheon” Austin said "people make it sound like Ukraine is losing but that's not the case". The SC took a sound byte out of that speech to deliberately deceive everyone.

because Lloyd “Raytheon” Austin said "people make it sound like Ukraine is losing but that's not the case". The SC took a sound byte out of that speech to deliberately deceive everyone.

Well it wasn't The SC who edited the sound bite clip, he just posted the link to it. I guess he should have taken care to check it's validity, but not worth a negative rating in my view. He's one of the best posters on this topic since the war started, reporting sources from both sides of the conflict, which I find very useful at least.

Well it wasn't The SC who edited the sound bite clip, he just posted the link to it. I guess he should have taken care to check it's validity, but not worth a negative rating in my view. He's one of the best posters on this topic since the war started, reporting sources from both sides of the conflict, which I find very useful at least.
fair enough, there is lot of fake news on this thread and this forum in general. I hope members do a better job of checking their source before they post.

In the same way as many unfortunate merchantmen intercepted torpedoes in the North Atlantic during WWII.

They did show a video that one of those drone is virtually next to that ship when the ship is firing small arms at it. At that range, any detonation (either by interception or detonation) will create serious damage especially on the waterline.

If you understand how torpedo works, it damage ship not because of the direct explosion, but the bubble that created between the water jet (which was the result of explosion in the water) and air, creating a shock wave that literally tear the ship apart.

Contact detonation​

When a torpedo with a contact fuze strikes the side of the target hull, the resulting explosion creates a bubble of expanding gas, the walls of which move faster than the speed of sound in water, thus creating a shock wave. The side of the bubble which is against the hull rips away the external plating creating a large breach. The bubble then collapses in on itself, forcing a high-speed stream of water into the breach which can destroy bulkheads and machinery in its path.[70]

Proximity detonation​

A torpedo fitted with a proximity fuze can be detonated directly under the keel of a target ship. The explosion creates a gas bubble which may damage the keel or underside plating of the target. However, the most destructive part of the explosion is the upthrust of the gas bubble, which will bodily lift the hull in the water. The structure of the hull is designed to resist downward rather than upward pressure, causing severe strain in this phase of the explosion. When the gas bubble collapses, the hull will tend to fall into the void in the water, creating a sagging effect. Finally, the weakened hull will be hit by the uprush of water caused by the collapsing gas bubble, causing structural failure. On vessels up to the size of a modern frigate, this can result in the ship breaking in two and sinking. This effect is likely to prove less catastrophic on a much larger hull, for instance, that of an aircraft carrier.[70]

Damage​

The damage that may be caused by a torpedo depends on the "shock factor value", a combination of the initial strength of the explosion and the distance between the target and the detonation. When taken about ship hull plating, the term "hull shock factor" (HSF) is used, while keel damage is termed "keel shock factor" (KSF). If the explosion is directly underneath the keel, then HSF is equal to KSF, but explosions that are not directly underneath the ship will have a lower value of KSF.[71]

That drone would have worked like a steerable torpedo, which mean if it get that close to the ship, it would have created enough bubble effect to damage that ship underside seriously. The only way that ship is that close to the drone is not damaged is if that drone is a dud and failed to detonate.

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom