What's new

Russia rules out arms sale to Pakistan

RD-93D [MA - New upgraded Engine.],AL-31 [J-10B], MI-17, IL-78 aren't in your service? , why do you fail to understand that its all about business and money drives Russians. I still remember, they wanted to sell us Su-27 Flankers and MIG-29s through Ukrine. :rolleyes:

Lets talk about J-10B when they arrive in PAF. No use speculating now. As for RD-93 its upgraded version , or you can say the original version the RD-33 has been in service in the Fulcrums for long and even they have been upgraded to the MkIII config. Regarding M-17 and Il-78s, there is a difference ~ afai remember the Il-78s were obtained from the reserve/surplus stocks from the Ukrainians after the breakup of the Soviet Union. Not from Russia. Nowadays Ukraine has no access to Ilyushins and only the Antonov plant is there in Ukraine.

Also business and money drives the Russians, but they know very well that if Russian breaks from its policy of not arming Indian adversaries [pakistan] that would mean a risk to the 100 odd projects India is developing with them.

COming to the alleged sale of Flankers, that is just a myth and no credible source/proof to back it up.

why cannot indians see through russian calculations? russians got this policy because they know very well that the indian goose alone is more gullible and fatter than all other customers combined! (oh well, this answered my first question, didn't it)

why cannot indians see through russian calculations? russians got this policy because they know very well that the indian goose alone is more gullible and fatter than all other customers combined! (oh well, this answered my first question, didn't it)

We see it and at present we are happy with It . That is how the world works . No one does anything for someone out of goodwill :azn: Its pure business with some Geo-political aligning mixed in it.

it shows tht the discussions in the meeting topic was just Pakistan-Russia relationship shows how insecure indians are...:woot:

it shows tht the discussions in the meeting topic was just Pakistan-Russia relationship shows how insecure indians are...:woot:

i will repeat,its just to get the delusions out of mind of paksitnais...

or its the payback for keeping us here :rofl:

Just the fact that the Russian minister had to explicitly stage this reply shows how worried indian government might have been.

Hungry for encouragement.

Anyway, if Russia doesn't arm Indian enemies, what about China ?

Time will tell India and china are more of friends than enemy . Its all about money.India and China are going to have $100 billion of trade in next three years and china will have only <20% of that with Pakistan in next 3 years. Do you really thinks China OR India will break this strong business relations I don't think so. by the way china have border issues with most of its neighbors e.g. S.Korea, Japan, India and have bitter relations.

and who told you Russia isnt Pakistan's ally?
Most of Pakistani missile tech is from Russia.

okay bro you enjoy your alliance with Russia. Hope you will make a 5th generation 3 wheeler auto with Russian support....:tup:

In that sense, we can still expect jet engine and helicopter sales. Our requirements for Russian Tech are pretty much met in that case........

Well It is Pure Business As i mentioned Earlier . Till the Time We are Giving More money to Russians They will always provide us with Better Equipments . It's Like Whatever they will give you , they will sell better than that to India given that India Keeps on giving Money . That is Why Self Reliance is so much Necessary than buying of the shelf .

Reports? Do tell?

What he Might Meant was that that you will rarely find a Indian Muslim in Any Terror Attacks on Global Scale w.r.t Pakistan but in any case this comment was uncalled for in this discussion .

Just the fact that the Russian minister had to explicitly stage this reply shows how worried indian government might have been.

Hungry for encouragement.

Anyway, if Russia doesn't arm Indian enemies, what about China ?

beacause China is not india's enemy......india and china has good military relations and even had joint exercises

Most pakistani missile tech is from china.But certain things about the nuclear program of India made me think that there is potential that Russia transferred blueprints of nuclear weapons to india,instead of the official indigenous development.

Most pakistani missile tech is from china.But certain things about the nuclear program of India made me think that there is potential that Russia transferred blueprints of nuclear weapons to india,instead of the official indigenous development.

I disagree, where as China may have helped Pakistan develop it's missile capabilities. Pakistan's missile tech is by no means related to Chinese.

Two things to note:

- As Indians freely admit, the current India-Russia relationship is based purely on money, regardless of past strategic alignments. Like all relationships it is two-way. If Russia needs Indian money, then India needs Russian tech. India does not want to become too dependent on sanction-prone Western tech, and it lacks any significant indigenous capabilities like China has developed.

- Pakistan can not match India's financial clout to woo Russia, but it can offer geographic advantages to Russia which India can not. However, the balance is still not nearly enough to sway Russia, and India will continue to enjoy the advantage until the equation changes.

Back
Top Bottom