What's new

Russia rules out arms sale to Pakistan

First you people should understand that this news is propaganda news comes from IANS so was copied every where in media. May be Rogozin knows nothing about what he said. So just relax.

Could be, but then he should be releasing a statement contradicting it - I don't see him doing it.

Good point , but can't agree with this entirely .Even if Russia does ditch India someday , it will most certainly not be for Pakistan .

To be honest I was caught up in the rhetoric because there was no official statement from Russia - but this sets all doubts to rest and I don't expect them to ditch us or vice versa for a very long time. The friendship is too deep rooted for outsiders to understand.

Seeing the attitude of Pakistanis here on this thread now....reminds me of the story of Fox and grapes...

At the end the story the fox thinks.."well, the grapes are sour. who wants it?"

And here Pakistanis are thinking.."Well, we never wanted weapons from Russia"

ha ha....lol!! :lol:

Those who are expecting abrupt change in Russian policy are living in fools paradise. There is a saying "doodh ka jala chaach bhi phonkh phonkh ker peta hay". Russians will take a great deal of time to make their position clear. Pakistan is crucial for them at least in current settings but that does not make India noncrucial for them. Being exceedingly tilted towards Pakistan means loosing a market in India and India of course is the biggest buyer of Russian weapons, not a good deal to make.

The question was asked by an Indian reporter to the Deputy PM - which media do people expect to report it other than an India media house? :cheesy:

Seeing the attitude of Pakistanis here on this thread now....reminds me of the story of Fox and grapes...

At the end the story the fox thinks.."well, the grapes are sour. who wants it?"

And here Pakistanis are thinking.."Well, we never wanted weapons from Russia"

ha ha....lol!! :lol:

Give me some valid reasons why would Pakistan want Russian weapons? Would be a treat if you specify some weapons!

Russia will fall behind in Arms industry anyways. Most of their technology is from the cold war era and its just the cost effectiveness that is keeping them going. There are big competitors in the name. The U.S and Germany have far more advanced technology and are far bigger exporters than anyone around. Other competitors like China, Israel, Italy, Brazil, South Korea, Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, and India themselves are picking up the pace and they are emerging steadily.

Those who are expecting abrupt change in Russian policy are living in fools paradise. There is a saying "doodh ka jala chaach bhi phonkh phonkh ker peta hay". Russians will take a great deal of time to make their position clear. Pakistan is crucial for them at least in current settings but that does not make India noncrucial for them. Being exceedingly tilted towards Pakistan means loosing a market in India and India of course is the biggest buyer of Russian weapons, not a good deal to make.

Russia's only concern is Afghanistan and the terrorists and the narcotics that comes out of that place. Russia pretty well knows Pakistan is America's boy so where does the question even arise of a rethink in its policies?

Another Pakistani dreams is broken....:lol:

Russian can sell arms to Pakistan in the cost of loosing India which they can never afford....

Russia's only concern is Afghanistan and the terrorists and the narcotics that comes out of that place. Russia pretty well knows Pakistan is America's boy so where does the question even arise of a rethink in its policies?

Grow up dude, world has reshaped itself.. If things were that easy then India would have been a perfect choice. Why would they need a country responsible of their debacle in Afghanistan?

Grow up dude, world has reshaped itself.. If things were that easy then India would have been a perfect choice. Why would they need a country responsible of their debacle in Afghanistan?

I cannot see it any other way, there has to be something very very attractive in your offer for Russia - are you replacing the US factor in Afg-Pak with Russia? or you are just trying out your luck - if you are then expect nothing much from them because it would harm their relations with us.

Back
Top Bottom