What's new

Russia rules out arms sale to Pakistan

Pakistan's little move disturbed so many people.......

“We don’t do military business with your enemies"

So the question was from an Indian....... why feeling so insecure .... its was just a visit.... Do you think they will sell us after 1 visit.... Thanks for thinking so high of our skills.

Nothing but Russian rehtoric just before the visit.Russians are trying to placate india on Gorshkov delay(for which they have to answer a lot.) and their Pakistani moves so they are trying to sound right words.Seems they are learning well from americans about diplomatic doublespeak. Btw Pakistan's Jf-17 are already flying on russian engines.
As for indians:Yeh to bas trailer hai abhi to poori picture baki hai(this is just trailer of Pak-Russia relations wait for the whole movie to release.).Hope indian still remember this sentence.....;)

Nahi Bhi Remember Rakhenge toh Is page Ka Bookmark Bana ke Browser me Rakh do . Har Russian-Pakistani Vist Me Baar baar Quote Kerna :D

Nothing but Russian rehtoric just before the visit.Russians are trying to placate india on Gorshkov delay(for which they have to answer a lot.) and their Pakistani moves so they are trying to sound right words.Seems they are learning well from americans about diplomatic doublespeak. Btw Pakistan's Jf-17 are already flying on russian engines.
As for indians:Yeh to bas trailer hai abhi to poori picture baki hai(this is just trailer of Pak-Russia relations wait for the whole movie to release.).Hope indian still remember this sentence.....;)

You can console yourself by saying that.

OT, this was bound to happen as the Russians know on which side the bread is buttered.

They will change their tune, once their interests fail to bring fruit in Afghanistan.

Its another thing that Russia may have agreed to keep shut if Pakistan obtains Russian tech from ex soviet states..
Much of Pakistani missile tech originated from ukrane and belorus.
Tanks from Ukrane..
Who knows more may happen ;)

Belorussian missiles... must be some cool tech...any details of those?

that's very good news for indians ...Russi Miyan shab ne classic andaz se bharat begum ko phir ik bar vishvash delaya ke vo uske zindgi hay, aglay din Miyan shab phir perhos wali Pakiza larki ko liney martay huay nazer ay, hahaha ...

well we need better relations with Russia in strategic and development stage, that's doesn't mean ' heavily buying arms ' as per india perceived level of better relation.

:pakistan:

Good cop bad cop working for Russians. :cool:
Nice one.....totally agree. It was a good move by Russia, but the people behind the scene already knew it that this won't work. Its more of a show off rather than something serious.

Foreign policy of one nation doesn't change suddenly. If people are thinking Its just a trailer, then they may see a flop film, where audience was so excited and ended up demanding return of money.

Russia's stance, if changes towards Pakistan, it will happen gradually but one shouldn't forget that India will try its best to keep its ally as its ally for near decades to come.

There are too many projects co-developed by India and Russia. So there is a bleak chance of something major to happen. And as I said earlier Russia is supplying engine way before these events and India already objected it. So nothing new in this front too. But something to look upon will be that if Russia continue to supply the engines or not.

Its another thing that Russia may have agreed to keep shut if Pakistan obtains Russian tech from ex soviet states..
Tanks from Ukrane..
There is a proverb about india being the elephant in the south asia.Indians always love to quote elephant tag for india.But i think like elephant brain indian buddhi(intellect) bhi mota hai.They always miss the woods for trees.As you mentioned pakistan already operating russian origin weapons for over a decade.Now that says something about deep Pak-Russia detente.

IDT Pakistan was ever interested in Russian arms! We are getting what we need and that too despite of a strong opposition.

Now, anything except "sour grapes"??

There is a proverb about india being the elephant in the south asia.Indians always love to quote elephant tag for india.But i think like elephant brain indian buddhi(intellect) bhi mota hai.They always miss the woods for trees.

Werent you having the same brain or have u washed that stuff ???

As you mentioned pakistan already operating russian origin weapons for over a decade.Now that says something about deep Pak-Russia detente.

That was an indirect purchase through China.If Russia hasnt provided them Pakistan would have acquired it from anywhere else.

The RD-series engine is locally produced here in India , and i consider it more of a machinery than a weapon.

Pakistan's little move disturbed so many people.......

Well, if COAS of Pakistan is willing to make moves to disturb news reporters in India and you think its a good use of his time, then yeah.. his move did send our news reporters in a tizzy.. :)

So the question was from an Indian....... why feeling so insecure .... its was just a visit.... Do you think they will sell us after 1 visit.... Thanks for thinking so high of our skills.

You may want to ask this to the news reporter who asked the question.. There has been no reaction from GoI on these shenanigans though ;)

Tanks from Ukrane..

Russians even helped in constructing Pakistan steel mills, so is the engine of JF-17. So I don't see anything new or enthusiastic about new Pakistan-Russia relation. For missile tech,its North Korea.

I'm confused here. If Russians are against selling arms to Pakistan then why did they allow sale of Rd-93 engines.

Anyways, let me say it again that I would rather want Russia to invest in Pakistan as compared to selling us arms. Our main priority should be investments as we need them the most.

You got access those engines through china... ok don't think too much.. that credit belongs to china...

Back
Top Bottom