What's new

Russia offers India Nuclear Aircraft Carrier

Personally i liked this one more-
The Soviet legacy always fascinated me somehow.

Well I was keeping it a navy-related theme. :P

I like a lot of Soviet patriotic music.

Here's another of my favourites:

it will be a waste of money. we should build more submarines. we need more submarines not ACs. we have to secure only Indian ocean not going to fight in SCS

I think it's too big for IN requirements and objectives

It's one think to get approval for Vikrant which only cost 3 Billion USD
Quite another to get the approval for a Super carrier
We cannot spend that much money on a single ship
15 Billion USD can get us 10 U216 SSks or 6 Astute Class SSN
Or even 10 Kolkata class Destroyers

In fact 15 Billion USD is nearly to the combined cost of 3 Shivalik class Frigates, 6 Tanwar class Frigates , 3 Kolkata class Destroyers, 6 Scorpene class Submarines, 8 P8I and INS Vikramaditya along with 16 Mig29Ks and 6 Ka31

For the price of a Single Nuclear powered Super carrier with Emal and associated air group comprising 48 Fighters and 12 ASW Helis
U can build a navy that beats not only the PN but also bigger navies like the Royal Australia Navy, German Navy, Italian Navy

Indian Navy should focus more on bridging other gaps like ASW Helis, Minesweepers and Submarines before trying to get a 3rd carrier

Arihant's Reactor - would set the path for indigenous Nuclear powered AC.

View attachment 316956
It's a good starting point but comparing the sheer size difference it's not going to be the same. The displacement and the operations will be different as well. Carrier needs more power as compared to subs.

Just objectively, Russians are not a good option since they northern own or operate one in this class. Also their experience in this is not so great. They have only one aircraft carrier currently sitting in docks. You guys already own one from them called vikramaditya. Not to mention the fiasco. So it will be good to compare from one of the best.

I don't think USA will lend EMALS if India goes for the Russian option. Also, if India joins NSG then reactors are possible from US as well who is working on the ford class with very powerful reactors.

Why India won't accept this offer...
No-Ac-From-Rus.PNG

Back
Top Bottom