What's new

Russia Agrees to Sell 6 su 30 Fighter Jets to Myanmar

That is actually very impressive for a country of Myanmar's size. Small but a very potent force that can engage in Air Superiority but also deliver PGM. Do you have any info about Myanmar's radar systems that are deployed, and what about Electronic Warfare Gear that Myanmar deploys?
thanks bro. we have different radars from different counties. especially from ulkraine , russia ,belarus and Russia. bro the latest one we bought is 80k6k1b
radar from ulkraine. i think @tarpitz will know more than me.

Ancient Sukhoi? Thats Su 30 series, your Mig 29 is will be much more older than them, and no fighter in your inventory is a match against those beast

What type of Sukhois do you expect at $200 million for 6 units?

Total deal includes other equipment like T-72s etc. The Sukhois are costing them around $200 million.

https://frontiermyanmar.net/en/myanmar-to-buy-russian-fighter-jets-in-deal-worth-more-than-200m
You know they mention at least, thats bare minimum price expectation, in which total deal will be much larger to including bare minimum infrastructure and equipment needed for the Flanker to be flying.

Even if they got a modenized ex Indian Su 30 K thats still a superior Aircraft compared to troublesome Mig 29 Bangladesh operate in little number

You know they mention at least, thats bare minimum price expectation, in which total deal will be much larger to including bare minimum infrastructure and equipment needed for the Flanker to be flying.

"At least" must be just a literary expression.

Even if they got a modenized ex Indian Su 30 K thats still a superior Aircraft compared to troublesome Mig 29 Bangladesh operate in little number

The Migs with BAF have gone through some major upgrades. Must have even got AESA radar as there was a tender by BAF few months back.

Plus Myanmar has an awful maintenance record. Their budget is not that big either to sustain the numbers.

thanks bro. we have different radars from different counties. especially from ulkraine , russia ,belarus and Russia. bro the latest one we bought is 80k6k1b
radar from ulkraine. i think @tarpitz will know more than me.
36D6M ?
FB_IMG_1517410530223.jpg

"At least" must be just a literary expression.

The Migs with BAF have gone through some major upgrades. Must have even got AESA radar as there was a tender by BAF few months back.

Plus Myanmar has an awful maintenance record. Their budget is not that big either to sustain the numbers.

Bold parts, is full of speculation no proof and only your guess

The one got more aircraft accidents in recent years between Bd AF and Myanmar AF is Bd actually.

Ancient Sukhoi? Thats Su 30 series, your Mig 29 is will be much more older than them, and no fighter in your inventory is a match against those beast
beast??!! LoL...first,let them have those ..by that time,a lot of things can happen..

The one got more aircraft accidents in recent years between Bd AF and Myanmar AF is Bd actually.

Consider the losses from the accidents. They just just lost 122 military officer in a single crash.

And those Yak-130s have just arrived, can't be an issue with maintenance.

Consider the losses from the accidents. They just just lost 122 military officer in a single crash.

One crash versus two?

beast??!! LoL...first,let them have those ..by that time,a lot of things can happen..

Yeah those are beast, Mig 29 has been pitched against flanker during Ethiopia versus Eritrean war, guess which one prevail?

One crash versus two?

As I said, consider the losses from the crashes.

Plus, as said before, the crashes of Yak-130 can't be a maintenance issue. The investigations are underway. Yak-130s have been crashing elsewhere as well.

Total deal includes other equipment like T-72s etc. The Sukhois are costing them around $200 million.

https://frontiermyanmar.net/en/myanmar-to-buy-russian-fighter-jets-in-deal-worth-more-than-200m
ahh one question how do u understand the word 'at least' ? other things would be different deal as Russia will provide favourable loan package.
lol even MiG-29 SMT dont get AESA radar. what do expect for old MiG-29Bs (product 9.12) ? Zhuk-AE is for MiG-35. :P i saw that tender paper and it didnot mention about AESA.
really ? 3 of 16 yak and 1 Mi-17 clashed within 6 months. it even almost killed the high level foreign official. yes. ur AF maintenance record is damn good.
Upgrade part is true, AESA part is my speculation but there was indeed a tender by BAF for the radars.
:rofl:

so better reason of this clash is 'pilot error'. ??
One crash versus two?
exact data is 3 yaks and 1 Mi-17 within 6 months. :D
Plus, as said before, the crashes of Yak-130 can't be a maintenance issue.
:partay:

36D6M is older one bro.
80k6k1b is latest arrival. they even offered ToT for this like vietnam.but we didnot decide yet.

ahh one question how do u understand the word 'at least' ? other things would be different deal as Russia will provide favourable loan package.

Numbers are quoted to include the entire costs, be it weapons, infra, ToT or anything. Refer to India's Rafale deal. Correct me if I'm wrong @madokafc

Since they quoted $200 million that includes everything that Myanmar is receiving. No matter what loan package Russia will offer, it won't change the costs, the financing would just determine the time and interest to repay the loan.

lol even MiG-29 SMT dont get AESA radar. what do expect for old MiG-29Bs (product 9.12) ? Zhuk-AE is for MiG-35. :P i saw that tender paper and it didnot mention about AESA.

Tender for the AESA radars is separate, not included in the upgrade tender.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom