What's new

Rupee Strengthens to 107

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Rupee today broke the 107 level and reached as low as 106.80 before eventually closing at 107.05. Dollar supply is doubled in Kerb market whose rate is consistently falling below interbank rate which means that the dollar hoarded in retail investors is coming back into the market.

1102046175-1.gif

Today at 106.37

Bilal asif on ARY news said the rupee is expected to be brought down to 102-03 by january

Rupee will be brought down to 88-93 by March 2014. I pity those (potians) who were being so negative and pathetic when ishaq dar talked about bringing dollar down. Not sure where those potians are today, I bet they are literally shoving burnol up in their.....

Rupee will be brought down to 88-93 by March 2014. I pity those (potians) who were being so negative and pathetic when ishaq dar talked about bringing dollar down. Not sure where those potians are today, I bet they are literally shoving burnol up in their.....

i am willing to bet 10k on you with this.

you willing to bet?

As long as Pakistan consumes more than it produces, its currency will be on a path of steady devaluation.

As long as Pakistan consumes more than it produces, its currency will be on a path of steady devaluation.

The mist important thing happening right now is substitution of expensive fuel with cheaper ones. I see a strong possibility of current account surplus soon.

The mist important thing happening right now is substitution of expensive fuel with cheaper ones. I see a strong possibility of current account surplus soon.

My statement about the adverse balance of payments will still very likely remain true despite a change in the fuel mix due to the perverse fundamentals of the economy. PKR 150 to the dollar in two to three years remains very possible.

Get-ready-for-long-hours-of-loadshedding-Pak Finance Minister

My statement about the adverse balance of payments will still very likely remain true despite a change in the fuel mix due to the perverse fundamentals of the economy. PKR 150 to the dollar in two to three years remains very possible.

Get-ready-for-long-hours-of-loadshedding-Pak Finance Minister

I mentioned the fuel mix because it's not only relavent in terms of power price but also because it forms a huge chunk of our import bills. Obviously, things won't change much in a month or two, it will become more apparent in a couple of years.

Our exports becoming more competitive due to cheaper input cost would be an indirect effect of cheaper fuel too.

Last edited:
When INR was 50 PKR was 86 and When INR is 62 PKR is 107. Pakistanis living in US must be having a good time after coming back to Pakistan.

PKR has been at 98/99 for 5 years until recently when it took a dip now it's recovering quick and probably will reach the 98/99 level again.

Back
Top Bottom