What's new

Curious case of rupee rise

Yaar jazzbot and leader I am also a PTI supporter but that doesn't mean we should almost wish for our economy to fail just so I can throw dirt on the other party. Pakistan is more important than these petty differences.

We are better then this!

mulk ko tou na bechata in haramkhor nooro ki tarhan !
Mullk ko to tum logon ny dabo dena tha. Ab ek kaam karo Twitter ko mulk qarar denay ke resolution pesh kardo, shayad wahan he government ban jai PTI ke :)

Rupee revaluation was just temporary, this govt cant live without printing more and more rupees. This was just for show. We need solid steps to get rupee back where it was at 60, which this govt can't do.

XE is number 1 in world exchange sir may you remember

Yaar jazzbot and leader I am also a PTI supporter but that doesn't mean we should almost wish for our economy to fail just so I can throw dirt on the other party. Pakistan is more important than these petty differences.

We are better then this!
bhai jaan ager ye baat smajh jaty to mulk ka ye haal na hota every political worker if this country is blind hater to other and busy day night to pull legs of others

LOL check open market rates sir: Live Open Market currency rates updated every 5th minute, 24 hours a day | Live Pakistan Currency Exchange rates, Dollar rate, Euro rate, Pound rate, PKR rupee rates | Marketwatch.pk
Your source is not true ,i have checked several other sources and it,s 98

Rupee revaluation was just temporary, this govt cant live without printing more and more rupees. This was just for show. We need solid steps to get rupee back where it was at 60, which this govt can't do.

Not just this government, ANY government in Pakistan will need to do this. No matter who.

We are better then this!

Sir, at least I am not throwing dirt at govt just because of my party affiliation. They are doing wrong thing, this cosmetic appreciation of Rupee is bad for our economy and I am sure you are aware of its results. Look just in 2 days USD again has hit 100 Rs mark in open market: Open Market Currency Rates in Pakistan

Again, if our economy grows and our production & tax revenue increases and our currency gets stronger against dollar as a result, I will be happy regardless of who is in the govt. But this sudden change in Rupee value is artificial.

XE is number 1 in world exchange sir may you remember

Checked XE and yes they are showing 98.8, anyways ARY news also just reported that dollar has hit 100 mark again. Let the news come out tomorrow and see. I'll be glad if I'm wrong..

Last edited:
yaar hum jaanty hain ye sary ke sary na ahil hain per jo bhi hoa kam is kam break to lagi dollar to 1947 se mehnga ho raha hai . not only pakistan but japan turkey india and whole world is facing it some less some more .

japan
JPY-Versus-USD-Chart-1970-2010.jpg

india
INR-vs-USD-1024x493.jpeg

indonesia
USDIDR_chart_daily.png

Sir, at least I am not throwing dirt at govt just because of my party affiliation. They are doing wrong thing, this cosmetic appreciation of Rupee is bad for our economy and I am sure you are aware of its results. Look just in 2 days USD again has hit 100 Rs mark in open market: Open Market Currency Rates in Pakistan

Again, if our economy grows and our production & tax revenue increases and our currency gets stronger against dollar as a result, I will be happy regardless of who is in the govt. But this sudden change in Rupee value is artificial.

And I totally agree, we should raise our voice for broader reforms, expansion of tax base, etc. For economy a lot has to do with perceptions if we and our media create such negativity all the time then people perception will be skewed which will harm Pakistan's economy. Case in point is the blunder that Ishaq Dar did in 2008, he did press conferences that Pakistan's economy is hollow just to throw dirt on previous government, the result was that both foreign and local investment dried up.

tum log bhi ab rona dhona band kero or 5 saal wait karo ustaad jee:partay:

majbori hai bhai, or koe dosra Pakistan bhi tou nahi hai hamaray pass :(

We are better then this!

you maybe a PTI supporters but surely knows not ABC of economics here.. and Yes Pakistan is more important, thats what we are fighting for..

you maybe a PTI supporters but surely knows not ABC of economics here.. and Yes Pakistan is more important, thats what we are fighting for..

Ok i dont know ABC of economics, forward your argument then, tell me what your argument is? Let's have an objective discussion.

Ok i dont know ABC of economics, forward your argument then, tell me what your argument is? Let's have an objective discussion.

Its an artificial bubble.. even dumb 1st year economics students can tell you that.. the real appreciation comes with expansion of the economy with other world.

Its an artificial bubble.. even dumb 1st year economics students can tell you that.. the real appreciation comes with expansion of the economy with other world.

Let's wait and see. Artificial bubble would be if the foriegn inflow was used to flood the Market with dollars to artificially shore up the value of rupee, tell me how it's an artificial bubble? What did happen was due to the $750 mil influx exporters started remitting the money quicker instead of holding it for 120 days that they are allowed, additionally, all the sattay baaz panicked and sold off their dollar holdings. Where did you see government selling dollars to bring up rupee value artificially.

Btw, expansion of the economy may or may not appreciate currency, it depends on many factors, including balance of payment situation and government policy for currency.

Let's wait and see. Artificial bubble would be if the foriegn inflow was used to flood the Market with dollars to artificially shore up the value of rupee, tell me how it's an artificial bubble? What did happen was due to the $750 mil influx exporters started remitting the money quicker instead of holding it for 120 days that they are allowed, additionally, all the sattay baas panicked and sold off their dollar holdings. Where did you see government selling dollars to bring up rupee value artificially.

Btw, expansion of the economy may or may not appreciate currency, it depends on many factors, including balance of payment situation and government policy for currency.
I used generic term so to make you understand as you are trying to play dumb here.
anyway go back to the first page and read, I think you missed something Dar said aka 1.5 billion. also the borrowing from the local banks as I have quoted, for that the government deliberately appreciated the Rs to borrow..
like I said anyone can see its an artificial bubble, unless ofcourse you are benefiting from it. wont like to call your earning in Behti ganga as bad money !

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom