What's new

Riyadh will build nuclear weapons if Iran gets them, Saudi prince warns

So what if America fought two expensive and unproductive wars?

Just get a B-2 over Iran and bomb the facilities. Its simple! What's stopping the almighty Uncle Sam!?

I'd say, a lot of politics behind this. Which may be good or bad depending on one's view :D

It will not end with a couple of bombers targeting Iran's nuclear facilities, Iran most probably would retaliate and attack through its terrorist proxies American targets in the ME and in the world. Now, The US is not too happy of this prospect which might force it to invade Iran and control another country - their resources are already stretched.

In reality its not happening, Iran will never do such stuffs.
That is engage with KSA, may be with other muslim countries
but not KSA. It has more to do with religious threads then
geo-political reasons. Unless ofcourse KSA follows the stupid
path of irritation.

It makes me curious that if Israelis in general,
supports the Saudis in getting nukes then the Saudi Prince
might have been singing for someone else all along.
Just my 2 cents.

Sorry, but most of your post is incomprehensibly, particularly the first part. As for Israel, As I already said twice, it is against KSA developing nukes.

Oh my! how dare i miss your ''Izraeeeli discerning analysis''?:rolleyes:

I don't have to go through the Izraeeeli perspective to apprehend the dynamics of Middle Eastern politics.

You right about that, but you do not confront my analysis with yours, which suggest that your analysis is badly flawed. But it is your right to be wrong.

You did not read what I wrote or you did not understand it. I did not say anything you implied, read again slowly and carefully.

No i have:

Stop distracting from the subject. Iran is developing a nuclear programme in a clear objective to develop nuclear weapons and you try to portray yourself as against nukes in the ME. Concentrate on preventing Iran from developing nuclear weapons and thus preventing other countries in the region from getting nukes.

KSA is threaten from Iran because the extreme Islamic regime of Tehran have dominance aspiration in the Gulf and in the Middle East. This regime constantly tries to destabilise countries in the region like Lebanon, Iraq, Bahrain and Yemen. KSA knows that Iran wants to seize control over all the oil rich countries in the region, and particularly KSA (which also has in its territory the most holly places for Islam), in order the become a power who could challenge the US and the West.

However, if Iran god forbid develop nukes it would not stop there. Besides of KSA, other countries in the ME would want to have nuclear weapons in order to defend themselves against Iran, and particularly Egypt and most probably Turkey. Following to that the NPT would completely collapse and other rogue states would probably develop nuclear capabilities like Venezuela, Myanmar, Sudan.

The Middle East with several nuclear weapons countries will be even more unstable than nowadays. The countries which would have nukes because of Iran's nukes would do it not because they fear from a surprise nuclear attack of Iran, but from Iran using a nuclear umbrella to deter them from suppressing any threat to their regimes from minorities or terror organisation which operate in their territory. However, in light of the nature of the ME and its history of bitter conflicts and lunatic leaderships (Saddam, Gaddafi, the Asad family, Sudan) it would be only a question of time until one of this crack-pots would use its nuclear capabilities and cause a catastrophe.

1) the Iranian regime is indeed lying and its objective is to develop nuclear weapons. It adopted the same policy of North Korea which constantly claimed it is against nuclear weapons but conducted nuclear tests in 2006 and 2009. Do not relay on what the Iranian are saying, judge them on their actions and there is no doubt where they are leading.

2) Iran cannot conquer its neighbours because its conventional forces are pretty weak, so its strategy is to overthrow their regimes and replace them with friendly regimes for Tehran that would be under its influence (like the Syrian regime). As a result, Iran destabilise the regimes in Lebanon, Iraq, Bahrain, and Yemen and aspire to destabilise KSA and the Egyptian regime too.

3) Controlling the oil of the ME is not an ambition which evolved from financial considerations. Iran believes that controlling the entire oil resources of the ME, which the West relay on for its economic power, would give it the power to challenge the West and the US and gain global influence.

If Iran would be giving the chance to develop nuclear weapons the consequences would be felt in the entire region and in the international community. That is why KSA justifiably fears of this scenario and signals to the US that it would also develops nukes if the US would not stop Iran from fulfilling its nuclear aspirations.

You this is what i don't understand post like yours nirriech is nothing more than self centered and very selfish, if you seriously did not want Iran to have Nukes then why is Israel is keepng its nukes even though
1) it can very well can handle arab nations like we seen in Yapkipper war
2) All arab nation have puupets for the US govt - making ISrael very safe
3) ISrael has the latest tech and know-how that rivals any Arab country in that region even Iran
4) The US wll bomb the living daylights , back to the stone-age if any country dares to nuke ISrael

THese nukes have the range to reach even Europe. IN aguement about Saudi Arabia, if Saudi wants a nuke to protect itself then Iran neeeds a nuke against Israel. If you don't want Iran to have a Nuke then give Irsael needs to give theirs. THere simly no need of it.

BOTTOM LINE IS: ANYONE WITH NUKES IS A THREAT TO THE WORLD. This include the USA and ISrael period just in case anyone decide to defend them.

Oh you know. Those Saudis are too dumb to make a chair anyways let alone a nuke right?

Iran should stop portraying Saudi Arabia as an enemy. and throwing Molotov cocktails at our embassy and shouting "Death to Saudi" in a football match against a Saudi team isn't exactly the best thing to convey that they are not planting hate in their people.

When the same Iranian team came here for the round game nobody screamed anything at the Iranian team. I wonder why??
You guys need to get your facts straight about who wants to be enemy with whom.

THen if Saudi are not dumb where is the progress ?, not to mention that your racist attitude towards Muslim south asian aswell.
We all know too well whats the situation here your enemy is the west like they did in Iraq in 2003 with the shites and sunni they are now wanted to make it in a bigger scale.

No i have:

You this is what i don't understand post like yours nirriech is nothing more than self centered and very selfish, if you seriusly did not want Iran to have Nukes then should Israel give up its nuke and make a peaceful region ?

So you did read it, but did not understand anything.

the subject is KSA and the possibility it would develop nuclear weapons and to this issue I referred, not to Israel.

What Israel got to do with KSA nukes? As I clearly explained KSA's nukes are because of Iran not Israel. If you think it is because of Israel, then we can discuss it here.

If you want to understand why I think that Iran should be prevented from developing nuclear weapons go to the sticky thread about IAEA and Israel and read what I wrote. If you want, we can continue the discussion about Israel in that thread.

So you did read it, but did not understand anything.

the subject is KSA and the possibility it would develop nuclear weapons and to this issue I referred, not to Israel.

What Israel got to do with KSA nukes? As I clearly explained KSA's nukes are because of Iran not Israel. If you think it is because of Israel, then we can discuss it here.

If you want to understand why I think that Iran should be prevented from developing nuclear weapons go to the sticky thread about IAEA and Israel and read what I wrote. If you want, we can continue the discussion about Israel in that thread.

Oh yes ofcours KSA would never nuke Palastine. Its a fellow muslim country we wouldnt make it unlivable for god knows how many years to come. but Iran difinantly does not care about that does it?? they would lobe a nuke in palastine saying it is on Israelis but the real victims are not the ISraeli invaders it is the palastenian people who will lose their rightly Homes there. Think people think.

Where will the Saudis get the scientific infrastructure and brainpower from?

I don't know but I am going to say the some 150,000 saudis overseas studying science subjects in those countries. okay just the people I went to high school with. There is one in the USA and one in Russia. One in Japan. one in france and 2 in china. Those are just people I went to school with.

Oh and yes we can also get some brainpower from Pakistan. but it will be in the form of teachers and instructors. (technical know how is a top priority in Saudi Arabia).

Saudi prince is actually requesting US to provide nuclear umbrella against Iran.

US will never allow KSA to have nuclear infrastucture due to fear of an anti-US government in distant future (after collapse of al-Saud dynasty).

Most probably Pakistan, North Korea too?

You mean they will hire Pakistani/North Korean/Chinese nuclear engineers and technicians?

Alright, but developing a nuclear weapon is a very complex process and involves much more than just putting some enriched Uranium or Plutonium in a omb casing.

1.The fuel needs to be produced.
a. What kind of fuel?
Enriched Uranium requires mastering Centrifuge design and production, and enough of them, along with obtaining the raw fuel.
Plutonium requires setting up Heavy Water reactors - need to develop/acquire all the technology to construct and maintain the reactor and associated systems and facilities.
b. Weapon design?
Another entire development team working on the warhead - missile vs gravity bombs?

And the above is a highly simplistic overview. Developing a nuclear weapons program from scratch, especially when the country does not even have any experience/infrastructure in civilian nuclear technology, is not so easy or simple as 'hiring engineers from Pakistan/NK/China'.

They could buy the entire bomb from one of the above, but then that would entail a lot of negotiations, not just between the Saudis and NK/Pakistan, but also between the West/Iran/Pakistan/Arab World in terms of alternatives and possible incentives to do X vs Y.

I don't know but I am going to say the some 150,000 saudis overseas studying science subjects in those countries. okay just the people I went to high school with. There is one in the USA and one in Russia. One in Japan. one in france and 2 in china. Those are just people I went to school with.

Oh and yes we can also get some brainpower from Pakistan. but it will be in the form of teachers and instructors. (technical know how is a top priority in Saudi Arabia).

I don't mean to suggest that Saudis are incompetent or any less capable than any other nation, but my point, as I tried to explain in my last post, is that a nuclear weapons program is a very, very complex undertaking that involves multiple scientific disciplines and multiple technologies.

150,000 Saudis studying in top class institutions world wide is excellent, but how many are in the technical fields required for developing a nuclear weapons program?

Given the spotlight on the AQ Khan network, it is going to be that much harder to accomplish the same thing Pakistan did in terms of accelerated development and acquisition of technical knowhow, since the West is going to be much more vigilant about technology transfers and nuclear related trade.

You mean they will hire Pakistani/North Korean/Chinese nuclear engineers and technicians?

Alright, but developing a nuclear weapon is a very complex process and involves much more than just putting some enriched Uranium or Plutonium in a omb casing.

1.The fuel needs to be produced.
a. What kind of fuel?
Enriched Uranium requires mastering Centrifuge design and production, and enough of them, along with obtaining the raw fuel.
Plutonium requires setting up Heavy Water reactors - need to develop/acquire all the technology to construct and maintain the reactor and associated systems and facilities.
b. Weapon design?
Another entire development team working on the warhead - missile vs gravity bombs?

And the above is a highly simplistic overview. Developing a nuclear weapons program from scratch, especially when the country does not even have any experience/infrastructure in civilian nuclear technology, is not so easy or simple as 'hiring engineers from Pakistan/NK/China'.

They could buy the entire bomb from one of the above, but then that would entail a lot of negotiations, not just between the Saudis and NK/Pakistan, but also between the West/Iran/Pakistan/Arab World in terms of alternatives and possible incentives to do X vs Y.

In both cases of Pakistan and North Korea they are ready to develop nuclear programme for a country as a turn-key project, like Pakistan assisted Libya and North Korea assisted Syria. In the case of North Korea it publicly declared on its intention to offer fissile material and a nuclear device which would grant a country a nuclear capability over night.

I don't mean to suggest that Saudis are incompetent or any less capable than any other nation, but my point, as I tried to explain in my last post, is that a nuclear weapons program is a very, very complex undertaking that involves multiple scientific disciplines and multiple technologies.

150,000 Saudis studying in top class institutions world wide is excellent, but how many are in the technical fields required for developing a nuclear weapons program?

Given the spotlight on the AQ Khan network, it is going to be that much harder to accomplish the same thing Pakistan did in terms of accelerated development and acquisition of technical knowhow, since the West is going to be much more vigilant about technology transfers and nuclear related trade.

I am with you we are still lacking alooooot in this field. but my point is we are working on it. And I am very confident that Pakistani scientists would come to our aid if needed. I have great respect for Pakistanis. since my role model doctor is a lecturer in my college and he pretty much built the 6 years old med-school I study in today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom