What's new

Return of Pandits to Kashmir, illegal immigrants on MHA list for Modi

wolfschanzze

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Return of Pandits to Kashmir, illegal immigrants on MHA list for Modi | The Indian Express
  • Return of Pandits to Kashmir, illegal immigrants on MHA list for Modi

Press Trust of India | New Delhi | May 21, 2014 7:25 pm
0 Comments

Return of Kashmiri Pandits to Kashmir Valley, checking of influx of illegal immigrants from Bangladesh and improving Centre-state relations are among the key issues to be flagged by the Home Ministry for action by Narendra Modi when he assumes charge as Prime Minister.

However, the issue of setting up of the controversial National Counter Terrorism Centre, which Modi had vehemently opposed as Gujarat Chief Minister, has not figured in the report which Home Ministry is likely to present next week before Modi.

Home Ministry has put together its plan for rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits, many of whom are still living in camps in Jammu, and how they are to be provided with security once they return to the Valley. The report notes that infiltration from Bangladesh has come down to a great extent but not stopped totally as fencing along the 4,096km-long Indo-Bangla border is yet to be completed due to various factors, including existence of riverine areas.

Return of Kashmiri Pandits to the Valley and zero tolerance towards Bangladeshi immigrants are two key areas of focus for BJP. Home Ministry has stressed on frequent interactions between the leaders of the central and state governments to improve relations as cooperation among them is necessary for the implementation of the Union government’s development and security agenda.

The ministry has suggested that the Inter-State and Zonal Councils should be reactivated with active participation of chief ministers and central leaders. Tackling of home-grown terror outfits like Indian Mujahideen, the Maoist problem, security of women, revamping of intelligence agencies and reform of the criminal justice system are few of the other issues which have been highlighted by Home Ministry in its report submitted to Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth.

The ministry stressed on the need to expedite reforms of police forces and strengthening of paramilitary forces from “teeth to tail”. The report concentrates on four critical areas – ‘achievements’, ‘gaps’, ‘vision’ and ‘low-hanging fruits’. The ‘achievements’ note the successes of the ministry, including the arrest of many terrorists in the recent past, reduction of terror incidents in the hinterland and enactment of the tough anti-rape law.

The ‘gaps’ highlight the areas in which the government has to give priority, like intelligence gathering, coordination among states and the Centre in tackling Maoists and the things which could have been done differently. ‘Vision’ mentions the long-term goals and plans which can be implemented in a phased manner along with steps which can be taken to strengthen the country’s internal security apparatus. ‘Low hanging fruits’ lists out short-term action plans which can be implemented for immediate results on a priority basis, like reduction of casualties among security forces engaged in tackling Maoist ultras.

This is true. The Shibirs had formulated the to do list long before the results were declared. The Kashmir rehab project is to start within the 3 months. @DRAY remember the other secret project I spoke about. That would be a draconian expulsion of illegals. To tell you a shocking truth - Modi himself has got certain humanitarian reservations in dealing with all economic illegals.

The main reason these will be pursued quickly is that the cadre, the backbone of the party is fully supporting it. Never before has such consensus been reached on such issues.

This is true. The Shibirs had formulated the to do list long before the results were declared. The Kashmir rehab project is to start within the 3 months. @DRAY remember the other secret project I spoke about. That would be a draconian expulsion of illegals. To tell you a shocking truth - Modi himself has got certain humanitarian reservations in dealing with all economic illegals.

The main reason these will be pursued quickly is that the cadre, the backbone of the party is fully supporting it. Never before has such consensus been reached on such issues.

What about the safety and security of Kashmiri Pandits in the valley, Bade bhai ?:what::what::what:

What about the safety and security of Kashmiri Pandits in the valley, Bade bhai ?:what::what::what:
I will openly admit most of the city folks of Srinagar were and are cowards(regardless of religion). If a single one is shot, the whole coterie will run. But many have changed, especially the new generation. So this time expect more Kishtwars - for good or for worse. Though that's not exactly Kashmir so to speak.

who Shibirs??

Will their old house be remained vacant and not occupied by the neighbors and how the state Govt. cooperate with the center. The real face of NC and PDP and Hurriyat will came to fore who has also been advocating for their return.

Will their old house be remained vacant and not occupied by the neighbors and how the state Govt. cooperate with the center. The real face of NC and PDP and Hurriyat will came to fore who has also been advocating for their return.
If they dont help in accommodating them, NC and PDP will get a boot up their arse :sniper:
I hope Modi gives the pandits license to bear firearms for every family , AK47 and kevlar vests to protect themselves just in case someone tries mischief.Army would be there though but, just in case.:sniper::sniper::sniper::triniti::guns::guns::guns:

I will openly admit most of the city folks of Srinagar were and are cowards(regardless of religion). If a single one is shot, the whole coterie will run. But many have changed, especially the new generation. So this time expect more Kishtwars - for good or for worse. Though that's not exactly Kashmir so to speak.

I knew it. . . last night i sneezed in Hyderabad . . and your mate called me that you jumped 4 ft. in the air and had a panic attack :smokin::smokin::smokin:

Time to Kick A$$es of illegal bangladeshis from India is coming near :dance3:

Bro tum Jammu Kashmir se ho?? and Blogger?? Which blog?
I knew it. . . last night i sneezed in Hyderabad . . and your mate called me that you jumped 4 ft. in the air and had a panic attack :smokin::smokin::smokin:
LOL Nice One :enjoy:

Last edited:
Saw some news on Zee news channel regarding this issue. Seems Modi is serious about it.

I am not sure what returning the Pandits will achieve. I am pretty sure that their lands and homes have either been destroyed or more likely illegally occupied by someone else by now and now are rehabilitation will only lead to many many civil cases which I don't think would be something Modi's government will be able to handle effectively.
If Modi's government does take some steps that will assure that these Pandits' lands are returned to them then he will have to make the Kashmiri living in those lands yield those lands which would be seen as part of his "Hindu Nationalist" agenda.

I am not sure what returning the Pandits will achieve. I am pretty sure that their lands and homes have either been destroyed or more likely illegally occupied by someone else by now and now are rehabilitation will only lead to many many civil cases which I don't think would be something Modi's government will be able to handle effectively.
If Modi's government does take some steps that will assure that these Pandits' lands are returned to them then he will have to make the Kashmiri living in those lands yield those lands which would be seen as part of his "Hindu Nationalist" agenda.

See if this is seen as a Hindu nationalist agenda then so be it.

Firstly, Muslims till date have not apologized for the massacre that they did in Kashmir or for that matter anywhere else in the world to any other local community. And on top of that you are saying that Modi and Kashmiri pandits must be hostage to the 'Hindu nationalist' guilt.

My fellow Buddhists even though small numbers, had to flee overnight along with the pandits and Sikhs in the valley from their own land that they lived on for thousands of years.

Why?

Because Muslims want it?

So that is secular?

That is acceptable by these secularist mongrels?

If that is the case, then yes we are all communal.

Because he is no recolonizing some country. He is helping those who lived there always for thousands of years, to return home.

That's the thing I always say:

Secularists are anti-Hindu, anti-Buddhist and anti-Sikh. On top of that, they are anti-India because India is a harmonious combination of all people which these people cannot tolerant.

So those who claim to be secularists are actually anti-India and must be dealt in the same way as one would with a foreign spy.

Even Kashmiri Pandits are somewhat better off and their voices are being heard. But what about us Dogras? These Kashmiris are migrating en masse to Jammu. There are more muslims and kashmiri muslims (in particular) than ever. Are we supposed to accomodate them? Kashmiri Pandits and muslims get all the jobs. Dogras are being alienated. Kashmiris must learn to not cross certain red lines or else we will push back. The young generation of Dogras has somewhat lost the aggression of our ancestors but if push comes to shove, you can rest assured that Dogras will demand our fair share. It won't be a pretty sight then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom