What's new

Religious Discord clouds Malaysia Truly Asia

Most of the terrorists were trained in Southern Philippines, supplied by Al-Qaeda, and the bombs were engineered by groups from Malaysia. Indonesians, who took part in actions, were mostly brainwashed suicide bombers, the executioners

while in Malaysia Bashir spread his jihad ideology far and wide in the Malay Peninsular and made many recruits. These groups are his recruitment .

Jemaah Islamiya (JI)

For decades, the Indonesia-based Jemaah Islamiyah has expounded its idea of amalgamating Indonesia, Malaysia and the southern Philippines into a regional Islamic state. Kumpulan Mujahideen Malaysia also has the same ambition

JI key Personalities

1 ) Abu Bakar Bashir

Abu Bakar Bashir, an Indonesian of Yemeni descent, is thought to be the group's spiritual leader-and, some speculate, an operational leader as well. Bashir joined Darul Islam in the 1970s and was imprisoned in Indonesia for Islamist activism. In 1985, after a court ordered him back to prison, Bashir fled to Malaysia. There, he recruited volunteers to fight in the anti-Soviet Muslim brigades in Afghanistan and sought funding from Saudi Arabia while maintaining connections with former colleagues in Indonesia.

2 ) Riduan Isamuddin (Hambali)

Al Qaeda's success in fostering terrorism in Southeast Asia stems largely from its close relationship with Jemaah Islamiah (JI). In that relationship, Hambali became the key coordinator. Born and educated in Indonesia, Hambali moved to Malaysia in the early 1980s to find work

Indeed, he is a spiritual leader, he must be having a strong influence on regional terrorist activities, but not necessarily an acting commander of JI. JI itself is a multinational terrorist organization with branches accross South East Asia. It is almost impossible for Bashir to lead the organization while being imprisoned (he is still serving his time in prison).

Bashir has planted the seed of terrorism, it doesn't matter where he is located

A December 2000 series of bombings in Manila that killed 22. The State Department says Hambali helped plan these attacks. Fathur Rahman al-Ghozi, a Bashir follower, reportedly confessed to a role in the bombings. In April 2002, he was convicted in the Philippines on unrelated charges of possessing explosives

Last edited:
, more than Malaysia, Singapore need to be taken over by Indonesia, its turning into PRC province . I bet you Indons hate Chinese more than the Malays

Bashir brought, his brand of Indonesia Muslim terrorism and ideology to Malaysia, so stop living in denial.

I think Singapore is turning into little India, and if that is the case, it would be a good idea of joining Indonesia.

You are entitled your opinions about Chinese and native Indonesian relationship. FYI all Malay and Indon despise Indians. Its better to be hated than despised.

while in Malaysia Bashir spread his jihad ideology far and wide in the Malay Peninsular and made many recruits. These groups are his recruitment .

Jemaah Islamiya (JI)

JI key Personalities

1 ) Abu Bakar Bashir

2 ) Riduan Isamuddin (Hambali)

Bashir has planted the seed of terrorism, it doesn't matter where he is located

I think I have explained to you about not being a leader per se and Indonesia being the main target and I think you are smart enough to know them. You can brand Indonesia all the way you like, but at least, Indonesia has been preventing many attacks so there'll be no Mumbai Attack 2.0, so... yeah.

Indonesian extremists - SyriaNews

The report said the Indonesian militants have traveled to Syria to help extremist groups trying to create an Islamic state there.

The report by the Institute for Indonesian militants joining the fight in SyriaPolicy Analysis of Conflict, based in Jakarta, said that the Syrian conflict, approaching its third anniversary in March, had “captured the imagination of Indonesian extremists in a way no foreign war has before.”

“The enthusiasm for Syria is directly linked to predictions in Islamic eschatology that the final battle at the end of time will take place in Sham, the region sometimes called Greater Syria or the Levant, encompassing Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and Israel,” the report said.

Sidney Jones, the institute’s director, said the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, based on information from the Syrian government, estimated that at least 50 Indonesians had traveled to Syria via Turkey to take up arms since 2012. While she emphasized that the figure was “a guesstimate,” the report warned that the numbers could increase.

Ms. Jones said Indonesian fighters could easily fly on commercial airlines to Turkey, where Ahrar al-Sham, one of the extremist groups fighting the Syrian government, helped them cross the border into Syria. Some Indonesian extremists have also been linking up with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, a hard-line group linked to Al Qaeda, she said.

“There are two main concerns for Indonesia,” Ms. Jones said. “One is the return of foreign fighters and what that could mean to providing leadership to the very weak and incompetent jihadi movement here.”

“Second, the process of raising funds for Syria could strengthen the resource base of groups in Indonesia, such as Jemaah Islamiyah,” she said, referring to the Southeast Asian terrorist network linked to Al Qaeda.

I use to love those ads, specially the tune it was really catchy.

On topic: I don't get the whole argument of using the word. If the people have been using the word then let them use it.

I think Singapore is turning into little India, and if that is the case, it would be a good idea of joining Indonesia.

You are entitled your opinions about Chinese and native Indonesian relationship. FYI all Malay and Indon despise Indians. Its better to be hated than despised.

What the hell you talking about nobody I met ever said "Me Hate Indians." Indonesian Hatred only reserved for one race the Malaysian (also include Indian & other group who identify themselves as Malaysian.) Most Indonesian have a positive view on India.

What the hell you talking about nobody I met ever said "Me Hate Indians." Indonesian Hatred only reserved for one race the Malaysian (also include Indian & other group who identify themselves as Malaysian.) Most Indonesian have a positive view on India.
check out keling in kamus

What the hell you talking about nobody I met ever said "Me Hate Indians." Indonesian Hatred only reserved for one race the Malaysian (also include Indian & other group who identify themselves as Malaysian.)

why Indons hate Malaysians ?

check out keling in kamus

Check out my family's tailor he's Indian. I don't need to look it up when I actually live here.

why Indons hate Malaysians ?

For starter you shouldn't use "Indons" dem's a fighting word. The hatred Indonesian have for Malaysian runs deep since the "konfrontasi" & since then just got worse.

For example right now the Singapore jets incursion to our territory, PNG sending 5 of our fishermen to their death & of course the "Boat turn back" by the Ozzie most Indonesian will just treat it like a passing fancy because we never sees them as threat of anykind, but when Malaysia start something no matter how small against us the whole country will uproar.

The good thing is we're not like India or Pakistan in these regards & hate is not the word more like Schizophrenic when the word Malaysia are heard by Indonesian

A never ending cultural dispute between Indonesia and Malaysia

Lux de Veritas says he hates Peranakan Chinese on his blog.

Wholegrain say he hate Christian, white man, Japan, pinoy, Indian, Vietnamese in PDF.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom