What's new

Recent Interview with Pakistani Nuclear scientist Dr.Samar Mubarakmand

The jury is still out on the matter but sideways thrusters have been observed on shaheen series.

Sideways thrusters can manipulate the trajectory but the position remains compromised. With DRFM technology the position remains uncertain right?

Sideways thrusters can manipulate the trajectory but the position remains compromised. With DRFM technology the position remains uncertain right?
Ballistic missiles cannot carry DRFM as unnecessary and the hardware required is too resource intensive. For example the cooling required for DRFM circuitry cannot be accommodated in the limited space of an RV.

Last edited:
Someone needs to ask him if there is any truth in Tipu, Tamur and/or our ICBM capabilities.

Dr. Samar is retired now. Let him bask in the glory of the bygone days. His work has given us some breathing space and time. What he said may be relevant today but in a few years time, game changing technologies will make his hard work redundant.
As an example today US has started testing laser weapons. When that technology is matured and fielded on warships and fighter planes, missiles travelling at a few thousand km/hour will be duck shoot for lasers beams travelling at 300000 km/sec.
As a nation we should not be complacent but we should start preparing for that day.

He has just touched the tip of the iceberg....Like i always say...I just love this secrecy :P

Dr. Samar is retired now. Let him bask in the glory of the bygone days. His work has given us some breathing space and time. What he said may be relevant today but in a few years time, game changing technologies will make his hard work redundant.

He has laid a foundation for the future projects too. His vision was not limited to just test flight of Babur or Shaheen series but much beyond that and that is why we are having new tests coming up every now and then. In next any test do look for word validation and U wud know there is something new out there in the system.

Great stuff, one can see the footage has been highly edited so as not to reveal all that's not meant to be, however the point has been made that we know, follow and can reach where ever India hides it's stockpiles.

What @Oscar is saying, is that, Dr. M is telling only part of the story, that too only up to 1989 on a particular front and 1996 on some other matters...... for a fanboy, most of you can't take a hint.

Another hint........ most of these things are very dynamic by their very nature, you can not have a static point of view........

My dear Oscar, are you suggesting that this legend is in fact DOWNPLAYING what Pakistan is REALLY capable of?

Nothing unusual, I agree with @Oscar here, he was just presenting a simplified version of the whole nuke + missile technology. Which weird things are you referring to?

Pakistani missiles having "guided" warheads that can change directions as they reenter the atmosphere at super high speeds. And his absolute confidence that these missiles will beat "any" ABM system (even if he meant only indian ABMs..I kinda found all that a bit new)

Pakistani missiles having "guided" warheads that can change directions as they reenter the atmosphere at super high speeds. And his absolute confidence that these missiles will beat "any" ABM system (even if he meant only indian ABMs..I kinda found all that a bit new)
I'd rather not comment on the validity of his comments, as I said before, statements like these are kind of necessary, though no longer in the current era. Regarding warheads capable of changing trajectory during re-entry, that is not practically possible at the moment with the current technology that we have. Before re-entry, sure the trajectory can be changed, even multiple times.

However, his claim on the incapability of present/under development Indian BMD to intercept individual warheads is true to an extent, as warheads offer relatively lesser RCS and size for kinetic or explosive impact. Unless DRDO demonstrates PAD/AAD's effectiveness against Agni-I & Agni-II, their effectiveness against Pakistani missiles will remain questionable.

I'd rather not comment on the validity of his comments, as I said before, statements like these are kind of necessary, though no longer in the current era. Regarding warheads capable of changing trajectory during re-entry, that is not practically possible at the moment with the current technology that we have. Before re-entry, sure the trajectory can be changed, even multiple times.

However, his claim on the incapability of present/under development Indian BMD to intercept individual warheads is true to an extent, as warheads offer relatively lesser RCS and size for kinetic or explosive impact. Unless DRDO demonstrates PAD/AAD's effectiveness against Agni-I & Agni-II, their effectiveness against Pakistani missiles will remain questionable.
If they can correct their trajectory after reentery then they can change it too.

Back
Top Bottom