What's new

REARMING of JAPAN

REARMING of JAPAN ?! Welcome, good reason to raise military expenditure.
China never forbid Japan rearming but enough strength to end new war. CHINA is the new SUPERSTAR(economy,technology, population,military) and still developing and more poweful. Next years there'r more amazing will occur here, CHINA following the U.S road by Chinese style.

I know the real fact since I live in Taiwan. It's depend on to whom Japan will defending themself. If their target is China, it's impossible. Just look Taiwan, we are too small, we can't even defending ourself from medium size neighbor country like Japan and Philippine if they want to invade Taiwan. Taiwan even can't do something against Philippine aggression in South China Sea.

The media and Japan politicians are promoting defending issue to China, is just a provocative.

dude, to someone who live in Taiwan, which have mandatory Military Service. YOu did not seems to know the basic concept of "Defence"

Putting your own word to it.

we can't even defending ourself from medium size neighbor country like Japan and Philippine if they want to invade Taiwan. Taiwan even can't do something against Philippine aggression in South China Sea.

The defence concept is different if you rase a standing army to "Defend your own soil" and raise a standing army to "Defend your interest oversea"

If you are military trained, you will know the fact that an invading army to one home coutnry is not possible, unless the kind is alike (eg Chinese vs Taiwanese) For a case of Taiwan vs Philippine, Taiwan vs Vietnam, Japan vs China. Basically a total invasion is impossible. To say China invade Vietnam mean Chinese need to literally kill and eradicate all the Vietnamese race on earth to claim Vietnamese is part of China, otherwise, somewhere sometime, there will be vietnamese resistan in any given time. That's the concept of invasion of homeland.

Big as it may, China can NEVER Occupy Japan if an invasion do occur. I say again, CHINA CAN NEVER OCCUPY JAPAN if invasion do occur. To do that, first they need to eliminate all hostile Japanese, what i mean eliminate mean kill every last one of them. Then naturalise the remaining "Peaceful" Japanese into Chinese Society. by meaning of race mixing, and graduately phase out the race Japanese. Otherwise if there are enough Japanese around, there WILL BE resistence.

This is what have been showing in Middle East. US, is a stronger Military than China and Iraq and Afghanistan, is a smaller military power than Japan. Even so, There are not a chance US can occupy Iraq or Afghanistan forever.

ONly military superpower can project their force to protect their own interest oversea, hoever, if they cannot change the local government, all the projection is useless.

If you do is a taiwanese and served 18 months military service, you will know, a stronger Military only act as a deterent to foreign force, it does not mean Japan will actually face China invasion. If you ask me, Japan should get a better Armed Force not to spike China, but to spike the US. We have been devoted much resource to Defend Japan, it's time we turn Japan from a protectorate into an defense partner.

Really how will china stop japan from rearming if it wants.Its the world's third largest economy and a independent power.
Sir, i mean this
Just look Taiwan, we are too small, we can't even defending ourself from medium size neighbor country like Japan and Philippine if they want to invade Taiwan.
won't come true, pls refer to my quoting words. I didn't say China can stop japan from rearming because the problem from Japan country.

JAPAN: ON PATH TO REARMING?
Strategizing to respond to new assertiveness from China

Japan-340x169.jpg

WASHINGTON – Despite what has been described as a “pacifist” constitution implemented following World War II, Japan is considering rearming to offset what is perceived in the East Asia region as a more assertive China, according to a report from Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.

That nation is throwing around its military weight to enforce its hegemony over the East and South China Seas.

Almost all the countries in the region are affected by China’s new assertiveness in the region, including Vietnam, the Philippines and even India, in addition to Japan. All have open and somewhat confrontational disputes with Beijing over jurisdiction over islands and potential maritime oil and gas resources.

For India, it has a number of contracts with Vietnam for offshore oil and gas exploration in the East and South China Seas to meet its increasing energy demands. In recent months, China and India have had disputes over access to areas where Beijing claims exclusive jurisdiction.

In addition to separate disputes between New Delhi and Beijing over land border disputes between the two countries, India has decided to enhance its presence in the East and South China Seas with an increased military naval presence of its own.

Now there are increasing indications that Japan is considering a more robust military posture to offset China’s military prowess in the region. Because of its years of military technology and assistance from the United States, Japan is assessed to be better equipped than China militarily in terms of quality, but certainly not in numbers.

The other countries with disputes with China over maritime rights in the South China Sea are backing the prospect of a remilitarized Japan.

Read more at Japan: On path to rearming?

Aquino sees stronger Japan as ‘counterweight’ to aggressive China

300x249xBenigno-Aquino-300x249.jpg.pagespeed.ic.atOzSDgv4Z.jpg

MANILA, Philippines—President Benigno Aquino III has expressed the view that a stronger Japan would be a counterweight to the “threatening’’ presence of China in the West Philippine Sea, foreign affairs officials said on Thursday, at the close of a two-day visit by Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida. Kishida paid a courtesy call on the President after meeting Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario on the last of his two-day official visit to the Philippines aimed at boosting the countries’ strategic partnership in the face of China’s growing power in the region.

Briefing reporters later, Del Rosario said the President and Fushida talked about the “common challenges’’ that both countries have been facing vis-à-vis a more assertive China, and learning from strategies of either country, among a wide range of regional issues. “I think there’s a mutual agreement that we should pursue peaceful resolution to these disputes and we’re trying to find out what the right formulation is,’’ he said in Malacañang.

“Well, I think what we agreed on is that we would keep on—because we do have this threat and this threat actually is shared by many countries not just with Japan—that we should continue to talk and see to what extent and cooperate in terms of coming to a peaceful resolution of the disputes,’’ he added. While the Philippines is locked in a standoff with China over the West Philippine Sea, Japan and China are also disputing ownership of the islands known as Senkaku in Japan and Diaoyu in China. Taiwan also lays claim to the territory. China claims sovereignty over nearly all of the West Philippine Sea, which is believed to sit atop vast amounts of oil and gas, aside from being one of the region’s most important fishing grounds and home to shipping lanes that are vital to global trade.

The Philippines, Brunei, Malaysia and Vietnam, and Taiwan claim parts of the sea.
Del Rosario indicated that Japan would be a natural strategic partner of the Philippines given the two countries’ shared values, interests and concerns. “I think the reason we obviously have [become strategic partners] are common interests. We have common concerns, we have shared interests, and we have shared values. I think it is basically that which drove the spirit of putting us together as strategic partners,’’ he said.

Del Rosario said there was no discussion of the balance of power in the region during Kishida’s call, but believed that the President agreed that a stronger Japan would help foster stability in the Asia Pacific region. “Well, I think the President is of the view that a stronger Japan, acting as a counterbalance in the region, would help promote stability for the Asia Pacific,’’ he said.

In the briefing, Del Rosario made repeated reference to the threats posed by Beijing, and ticked off three instances it had breached international laws. “I think that, if you look at the posture of China in the South China Sea, their fixed posture is the foundation of their policy in those seas—that they have indisputable sovereignty over nearly all of the South China Sea, OK?’’ he said. “Now, this of course is an excessive claim. It’s in violation of international law—strike one, OK. Strike two, in order to be able to reinforce that, what they’ve done is that they have called for a reestablishment of an administrative unit to oversee the entire area which they consider as the nine-dash,’’ he said, referring to the administrative unit in Sansha City that has been exercising jurisdiction over Macclessfield Bank, Paracels and Spratly islands. “So, first, they have an excessive claim; then they’re creating an administrative unit over those areas; and then they come up with this new law, which provides for enforcement in terms of interdiction of ships in those areas. So strike three already,’’ Del Rosario continued.

“And then, of course, they’re coming up with all kinds of infrastructure and releasing figures on budgets that they intend to use to be able to establish their presence there. So I think these are all very threatening and we have been protesting, as I said, these moves by China,’’ he added. Macclesfield Bank is a huge underwater group of reefs and shoals located east of the Paracel Islands, southwest of the Pratas Islands and north of the Spratly Islands in the center of the West Philippine Sea. The Philippines claims Macclesfield Bank and administers it through the provincial government of Zambales.

Del Rosario said both Manila and Tokyo were aware of the magnitude of challenges they were facing against China’s power.“I think we all understand that the assertions being made by China in terms of their nine-dash line claim, for example, they do pose threats to the stability of the region. We also need to be able to address the possibility that the freedom of navigation would be adversely impacted,’’ he said.

During Kishida’s visit, both countries agreed to bolster maritime cooperation, with Japan funding Philippine Coast Guard’s multi-role response vessels to police the country’s territorial waters, and the latter’s communication system for greater maritime safety, the Secretary said. “We have these multi-role response vessels. Ten of them are being funded by Japan for our Coast Guard,’’ he said. Kishida extended Japan’s invitation to President Aquino to attend the 40th anniversary of the Commemorative Asean Summit with Japan toward the end of the year, Del Rosario said. “We’re still reviewing the schedule of travels for the President for 2013. But we believe that this is one of the events that we are recommending strongly,’’ he said. The President took the opportunity to invite Prime Minister Shinzo Abe for a state visit, and followed up his earlier invitation to Japan’s Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako for a visit, Del Rosario said.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/61...ger-japan-as-counterweight-to-aggresive-china

I know the real fact since I live in Taiwan. It's depend on to whom Japan will defending themself. If their target is China, it's impossible. Just look Taiwan, we are too small, we can't even defending ourself from medium size neighbor country like Japan and Philippine if they want to invade Taiwan. Taiwan even can't do something against Philippine aggression in South China Sea.

The media and Japan politicians are promoting defending issue to China, is just a provocative.

Really Philippine aggression? really wow so Vietnam/World War 2 Navy with no missiles and Anti Sub or Submarines and a Airforce with 7 fighters which are always in airbase 2 are being use while your country has 300 plus and good Navy please and besides your so called country has a political problem like i don't know are you chinese province? or an Independent country? and if you are acknowledge this then you should just surrender to china right now! beside your country is too far why not claim the Philippines if that's your reasoning! admit you people have no basis just someone made up fantasy because the ancient Chinese think of themselves highly over others which is true for majority of the chinese both you nationalist and mainlanders why not solve your political problem first and then talk to me about aggression! Please like the Philippines threaten any nation with war unlike the Mainlanders unnecessary wars are stupid besides we can't afford it the point is its a waste men and money but still we never been agresive in fact we advocated to solve this peacefully and with accordance with international law but the cowards know they have no chance of wining so they just use military and economic bullying tactics which you mainlanders claim to a peaceful rise just means "we get everything even yours because you are nothing rise". Admit it its your culture to screw people over its in your history and you say the Japanese are Evil please you people wrote the book on evil they just follow it.

This piece of $hit again, could anyone translate it into some meaningful sentences please? Looks like a random combination of some irrelevant words to me.
Really Philippine aggression? really wow so Vietnam/World War 2 Navy with no missiles and Anti Sub or Submarines and a Airforce with 7 fighters which are always in airbase 2 are being use while your country has 300 plus and good Navy please and besides your so called country has a political problem like i don't know are you chinese province? or an Independent country? and if you are acknowledge this then you should just surrender to china right now! beside your country is too far why not claim the Philippines if that's your reasoning! admit you people have no basis just someone made up fantasy because the ancient Chinese think of themselves highly over others which is true for majority of the chinese both you nationalist and mainlanders why not solve your political problem first and then talk to me about aggression! Please like the Philippines threaten any nation with war unlike the Mainlanders unnecessary wars are stupid besides we can't afford it the point is its a waste men and money but still we never been agresive in fact we advocated to solve this peacefully and with accordance with international law but the cowards know they have no chance of wining so they just use military and economic bullying tactics which you mainlanders claim to a peaceful rise just means "we get everything even yours because you are nothing rise". Admit it its your culture to screw people over its in your history and you say the Japanese are Evil please you people wrote the book on evil they just follow it.

Are you serious? Japs? Independent Power? It surely wants to be one of that kind, but its US daddy won't never let that happen.
Really how will china stop japan from rearming if it wants.Its the world's third largest economy and a independent power.

This piece of $hit again, could anyone translate it into some meaningful sentences please? Looks like a random combination of some irrelevant words to me.

You have to excuse the poor fella as he can only speak some alien language. He probably never went beyond kindergarten and thus don't know how to use punctuations and proper grammar. Whenever i see a huge amount of text from him i just skip it, don't bother to read or trying to understand the meaning as it is too cryptic for us to decipher.

Are you serious? Japs? Independent Power? It surely wants to be one of that kind, but its US daddy won't never let that happen.

Really? That's your best come back at me? Really i care what you think you have non of that a brain i mean so my point still stand. What's your opinion? Allow me to answer no nothing but the same crap that your people are always saying! that's just sirang plaka style meaningless non sense of prepare for the sound of cannons and historical rights that doesn't exist Philippine aggression? please who heard of 2nd world country threatening a so called supper power with military force please that is so stupid your the threat well the chinese threat is real that we can all believe.

You have to excuse the poor fella as he can only speak some alien language. He probably never went beyond kindergarten and thus don't know how to use punctuations and proper grammar. Whenever i see a huge amount of text from him i just skip it, don't bother to read or trying to understand the meaning as it is too cryptic for us to decipher.

Wow ok grammar nazi chinese from a country of wanna be nazi for the 21st century and Grammar nazi roll in to one this funny:rofl: this too funny to pass out.

Rise up JAPAN take the lead in showing how a civilized society behaves a midst threats from a restive country with newly found power. Yes we were in opposite sides in the past but that was then, when Japan was experimenting on imperialism. They've learned an important lesson from the war about the problem of imposing on other countries only to secure resources for their growing industry. Now our big neighbor from the northeast is again toying with the same idea. As a matter of fact, this bully is now squatting on many of our islands out of hunger for oil. :angry:

Japan Struggles To Make 'Long Overdue' Increase In Defense Budget

By Sydney J. Freedberg Jr.

Published: January 15, 2013

159265626.jpg

WASHINGTON: Japan is the proverbial linchpin of US strategy in East Asia. But linchpins sometimes break. As the US struggles to afford a "pivot" to the Pacific, its most important ally in the theater is undergoing a slow and painful shift of its own.

The new prime minister, Shinzo Abe of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), wants to increase Japan's defense spending for the first time since 2002. In his favor: a rising consensus that a nuclear-armed North Korea and an increasingly assertive China -- whose military spending blew past Japan's in 2005 -- require a stronger defense, including a reinvigorated alliance with the United States. In his way: a stagnant economy, a 70-year legacy of anti-military sentiment enshrined in the constitution, and widespread anxiety over Abe's own hawkish leanings.

"Core supporters of the LDP may support Abe's statement of nationalism," said Motohiro Oono, who just weeks ago was Vice-Minister of Defense in the now-ousted government of the Democratic Party of Japan (DPJ). [But] he has to attract other coalition [partners], including leftists."

The conservative LDP steamrollered the relatively liberal DPJ in December's elections, Oono admitted in a talk at the Heritage Foundation last week. With a two-thirds super-majority in the lower house of parliament, Oono said, "he can change the constitution, he can pass the budget, he can pass bills" -- if necessary overriding the objections of the upper house, where the DPJ still has a majority and Oono himself still has a seat -- for now. But until upper house elections in July, Oono argued, Abe will focus on the ailing economy and tread lightly on security issues such as the disputed Senkaku Islands, called the Diaoyu Islands in Chinese.

Other experts downplayed the idea that Abe is dangerously right of center, however.

"Mr. Abe's revisionist historical statements on Japan's wartime actions are troubling," acknowledged Heritage scholar Bruce Klingner referring to Abe's equivocation on Japanese responsibility for atrocities in World War II, most contentiously the enslavement of Korean comfort women in Japanese army brothels. "There was a great deal of angst expressed in the punditosphere" over Abe's return to power," Klingner went on. "[But] the Japanese ship of state didn't fall off the edge of the world the last time Mr. Abe was in office," in 2007, when he arguably improved relations with South Korea.

"His cabinet selection is more on the conservative side of the LDP, there's no doubt about that," said James Schoff of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace speaking to AOL Defense after the Heritage event. "[But] this talk about the resurgence of right-wing nationalism is overblown, as a national phenomenon."

Indeed, as contentious as the atmospherics can be over past war crimes, there's a growing consensus in Japan that the island nation needs a stronger defense. Oono himself noted that the DPJ government had laid the fiscal groundwork for Abe's budget increase and had earlier, in 2010, issued new National Defense Program Guidelines moving a traditional passive emphasis on securing Japanese territory to a more regionally active "dynamic defense." The US-Japan alliance, Oono argued, can be "an axis of stability in this region."

"What we're seeing with the Abe government is less some sort of departure from Japanese security policy in the past and more of a gradual continuation of an evolution" in response to increasing threats, Center for Strategic and International Studies scholar Nicholas Szechenyi told AOL Defense. "It's a pretty pragmatic approach, it reflects fiscal realities, it reflects Japan's interest in taking the US-Japan alliance to new levels, and it reflects public opinion."

Even among Japan's neighbors, Szechenyi argued, anxiety over China's new assertiveness is outweighing old fears of Japanese imperialism: "I think other countries would welcome" Japan taking on a larger role, he said.

That said, even under Abe, Japan may not step up nearly as far as the United States, for one, would wish. "The US overestimates what Japan is willing to do," said Schoff. "You can highlight a bunch of different little steps... going to Iraq, refueling ships in the Indian ocean, removing certain restrictions on arms exports or use of space for defense purposes; but they're all relatively minor." Even the proposed budget increase only reverses 11 years of decline.

"It's long overdue [and] a small amount," said Keio University professor Tomohiko Taniguchi, speaking alongside Oono at Heritage. Successive Japanese governments have long talked about the island nation relying less on US protection, he said, "but deeds did not follow the words."

"Alliance and geostrategy [are] dirty words" for many Japanese, Taniguchi lamented, but "the geostrategic reality in Japan is the Japanese have to respond to the aggression the Chinese are implementing every day" with naval incursions into disputed waters.

With an aging population and an economy that grows 2-3 percent a year in the best of times, Taniguchi said, the "cruel reality" is that Japan is now "a post-modern nation surrounded by a sea of young modernizers."

In the long term, neither demographics nor economics is on Tokyo's side. Once touted as a rising superpower, Japan is increasingly overshadowed by its rapidly growing neighbors, from India and Indonesia to the Philippines and Vietnam -- and above all, of course, the People's Republic of China.

"The Chinese economy is growing and the Chinese are very patient," said Szechenyi. While recent Chinese assertiveness over the Senkaku/Diaoyu Islands and the Scarborough Shoal in the South China Sea to some degree reflects nationalist posturing by new leaders in Beijing, "fundamentally this is not about Chinese politics, it's about a Chinese strategy to assert its interest in the maritime domain, not just near Japan but all the way down to Southeast Asia," he said. "I would expect this kind of probing exercises to continue."

But while Japan may be down in relative terms, it is still very far from out, said Schoff: "Japan is still an economically strong and technologically strong and financially strong country."

Japan Struggles To Make 'Long Overdue' Increase In Defense Budget

Japanese government boosts military spending
By Peter Symonds
17 January 2013

shinzo-abe.jpg

In office for less than a month, the right-wing Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) government in Japan has swiftly adopted an aggressive strategic posture against China. It announced last Friday the first increase in military spending in more than a decade, with an emphasis on strengthening Japanese control over islands in the East China Sea contested by China.

The defence ministry foreshadowed a request for a 2.2 percent boost to its budget, to a minimum of 4.7 trillion yen ($US52.8 billion), for the next financial year, beginning in April. Japan already has the world’s sixth largest defence budget, despite observing a semi-official limit on military spending of 1 percent of gross domestic product

The government had previously announced an additional 180 billion yen for military hardware this financial year, as part of an emergency economic stimulus package. The new equipment is likely to include upgrades for F-15 fighter jets and early warning aircraft, additional patrol helicopters and an expansion of anti-ballistic missile systems.

The Japanese military has held drills over the past week aimed at bolstering “island defence.” Japanese and Chinese aircraft and vessels have been engaged in tense and dangerous manoeuvring near the disputed Senkaku/Diaoyu islands since the previous Democratic Party of Japan (DPJ) government “nationalised” the rocky outcrops last September.

On Sunday, some 300 troops, backed by 20 warplanes, held a military drill near Tokyo aimed at recapturing “a remote island invaded by an enemy force.” Defence Minister Itsunori Onodera said Japan had to improve its border defence because China had infringed on Japanese waters and airspace around the disputed islets.

On January 5, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe ordered the defence ministry to strengthen Japan’s so-called border security. The military plans to deploy two extra coastguard patrol boats to the contested area and is considering stationing F-15 fighters on Shimojijima Island—a move that would halve the current flying time to the Senkaku/Diaoyu islands.

F-15s have been scrambled on several occasions over the past month to intercept Chinese maritime surveillance aircraft. Joint military exercises with the US this week included a drill involving Japanese and American warplanes off the east coast of Japan, on the same theme of border security.

Japan’s more aggressive military stance has been directly encouraged by the Obama administration’s “pivot to Asia,” which is aimed at strengthening US alliances and strategic ties throughout the region in order to contain China. The Abe government plans to revise the so-called pacifist clause in the Japanese constitution, thus permitting the transformation of the country’s self-defence forces into a “normal” military—that is, one able to prosecute Japan’s strategic interests in Asia.

The increased military spending has been accompanied by a more forceful diplomatic policy. Prime Minister Abe last Friday criticised China for allowing extensive anti-Japanese protests last year against his predecessor’s decision to buy the Senkaku/Diaoyu islands from their private Japanese owner. It was wrong, he said, for China to allow Japanese businesses to be damaged to achieve “a political goal.”

Abe’s blunt comments came as he prepared for a four-day tour of South East Asia, which began yesterday in Vietnam and will include Thailand and Indonesia. He told Japan’s NHK public television on Sunday that he wanted to strengthen Japan’s relations with these countries, citing their potential for economic growth. During his visit to Indonesia, he is expected to outline a new “Abe doctrine” for Japan’s Asian diplomacy.

Abe’s tour is part of a thrust into South East Asia by Japan, aimed at bolstering Japan’s economic and strategic ties at China’s expense. Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida has just completed a trip to the Philippines, Singapore, Brunei and Australia. Earlier this month, Finance Minister Taro Aso visited Burma [Myanmar] to bolster Japanese investment as the country opens up to international finance capital.

One implication of Abe’s comments last Friday is that Japanese companies could redirect investment to South East Asia if China cannot protect their interests. Japan is the second largest investor, after the European Union, in the countries comprising the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN). Japan is also ASEAN’s second largest trading partner, just behind China.

In Hanoi, Abe announced an additional $500 million in aid for three infrastructure projects, bringing total Japanese aid during the 2012 financial year to $1.7 billion. For the first 10 months of last year, some $4.9 billion in Japanese investment was pledged in Vietnam—almost double the figure for all of 2011.

Abe’s first overseas trip is in marked contrast to his first term as prime minister in 2006, when he visited China to patch up relations that had frayed under his predecessor, Junichiro Koizumi. Koizumi had pursued an openly nationalist agenda, including visits to the controversial Yasukuni shrine to Japan’s war dead, and revisions to school textbooks to weaken or omit references to Japanese war crimes in the 1930s and 1940s.

During last month’s election campaign, Abe foreshadowed visiting the Yasukuni shrine and changing school texts, as well as modifying previous formal limited apologies for Japanese war crimes. These moves are certain to provoke protests from China, and potentially other Asian countries that suffered under Japanese military occupation.

The Abe government’s diplomatic offensive into South East Asia is not limited to economic issues, but includes strategic cooperation. During his visit to the Philippines, Foreign Minister Kishida signed an agreement to supply 10 coastguard vessels, which will be used to patrol the South China Sea, where the Philippines is engaged in territorial disputes with China.

After Kishida’s visit, Philippine Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario reiterated his government’s support for a “militarily stronger Japan,” which would act “as a counter-balance in the region” against an “increasingly assertive China.” Coming from the government of a country that endured Japanese occupation during World War II, these comments can only assist the re-emergence of Japanese militarism.

Abe’s “doctrine” will closely follow that of the Obama administration, which claims to be encouraging Asia’s democracies against an unstated enemy—namely, undemocratic China. In his comments to NHK television on Sunday, Abe declared: “Japan’s path since the end of World War II has been to firmly protect democracy and basic human rights and stress the rule of law. I want to emphasise the importance of strengthening ties with countries that share these values.”

Abe’s claim to be protecting “democracy,” even as he denies Japan’s wartime atrocities and revives Japanese militarism, is completely cynical. Like Obama, Abe is using “democracy” as a pretext for forcefully pursuing the economic and strategic interests of Japanese imperialism. By directly encouraging the re-emergence of Japanese militarism, the Obama administration is recklessly raising regional tensions and setting the stage for military confrontation.

Japanese government boosts military spending - World Socialist Web Site

Back
Top Bottom