What's new

REARMING of JAPAN

Reashot Xigwin is just another 50cent false flagger, all of his comments abt VN-Phil is just worth as toilet papaer:coffee:

Remember Khmer tiger with his false flags of US-Thailand-China-Pakistan-India etc ??

are you sure, bro?
I can remember of Khmer tiger. He was indeed rude and unreal.

are you sure, bro?
I can remember of Khmer tiger. He was indeed rude and unreal.
I worked with many Indonesian in Malaysia. Even with lower salary than VNese, they still work harder than us with less demanding,too.

Most Indonesian are very nice,and friendly to VNese and Fillipino and they seem don't care what happen in SCS(east sea),too.

@Reashot Xigwin
If you haven´t noticed, Vietnam and China fought 17 times against each other in the history. We are not afraid of the 18. About nuclear weapons: China has a nuke policy, that states

"China undertakes not to use or threaten to use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear-weapon States or nuclear-weapon-free zones at any time or under any circumstances."[23] wiki

The US is larger in size, its army is much more mighty than Vietnam. Do you know why they lost the war?
The Vietnamese told the Americans: we are not going to lose this war unless you were unwilling to fight for 1,000 years!

Vietnam policy is seeking a peaceful solution and it will not start a war. However, if anyone wants a war, they can get it, we will never give up our territory.

Like I always said what makes you think you're going to win this time. Your Logic is pretty much like saying; "if we can beat them once we can beat them again" Today China is military powerhouse they no longer uses drafted peasants to serve in the army. Do not let your Nationalism blind like so many other in the PDF. You won not by yourself alone, but thanks to the help from fellow Warsaw Pact Countries like China & the Soviet Union.

Nobody is stupid enough to start a war so let this thing drop shall we. Your "territory" is technically in a disputed area with China & the Philippines.

Reashot Xigwin is just another 50cent false flagger, all of his comments abt VN-Phil is just worth as toilet papaer:coffee:

Remember Khmer tiger with his false flags of US-Thailand-China-Pakistan-India etc ??

Hoooo..... I'm a False flagger. Because I believe in a peaceful resolution to the SCS dispute. Hooo......

Last edited by a moderator:
@Reashot Xigwin
sorry, but I don´t need your advice, it is just stupid and your thinkings are based on some wrong facts. If you want to give up some of Indonesian territory to China or Vietnam, pls let me know.

@Reashot Xigwin
sorry, but I don´t need your advice, it is just stupid and your thinkings are based on some wrong facts. If you want to give up some of Indonesian territory to China or Vietnam, pls let me know.

Maybe Reashot was trying to give you an understanding about soft-steel diplomacy, projecting military power as a quite warning. Anyway, Indonesia's Natuna Island was one of a disputed area between Indonesia and China, the tension reached its highest level 1990's.

FYI Indonesia was the only country in ASEAN that had been demonstrating military power and presence in S.C.S without mongering for war and dragging other countries outside ASEAN to be involved into the problem as well as using diplomatic power to deal with Chinese's claim over Natuna. That's why now China is no longer claiming Natuna Island and respecting Indonesia's ZEE line.

I copied some certain histories about how Indonesia handled China's claim without mongering for war and getting anybody killed.

Indonesia has maintained its tradition of quiet diplomacy when dealing with
its ASEAN partners. Indonesia also recently showed dramatically that it
does not need to hide behind "Mother ASEAN" to protect its sovereignty. In
an act of uncharacteristically "loud" diplomacy, Indonesia recently
conducted its largest combined military exercise in four years; over 19,500
servicemen, fifty warships, and forty combat aircraft participated.
The
exercise was entirely centered on the Natuna Islands. Officially, the
exercise's purpose was to test and improve service interoperability in
meeting external threats. Indonesian officials stated that the exercise was
not intended as a show of force. Nor was it "based on considerations of a
perceived threat from a particular place." However, Lieutenant General
Wiranto declared that he "could not help it" if there were "observers who
[chose] to see it that way." (21) John McBeth, "Exercising Sovereignty," Far Eastern Economic Review, 19 September 1996, 17.

Another "loud" move (although it is questionable whether it was intended
to be loud or dead quiet) was the visit of Foreign Minister John Chang of
Taiwan to Jakarta
to meet with his counterpart Alatas on 4 September 1996.
When China first confronted Jakarta with this report, the Indonesians said
that the visit had not taken place. But when the visit was reported by
Indonesia's own press, China expressed its "serious concern."(22) Although
the visit was not openly publicized, it is possible that it was intended to
be detected by the Chinese. In conjunction with its two military exercises,
Indonesia might have been signaling Beijing that it would not be cowed by
China and should not be handled either like an isolated Vietnam of the late
1970s and '80s,
or like a peripheral ASEAN state such as the Philippines.

A more effective and concrete deterrent to China than Indonesia' s
demonstrations of force may be the grandiose plan that Indonesia has
proposed for the development of the Natunas. Under the direction of the
state minister for research and technology, B. J. Habibie, Indonesia has
raised the stakes on the Natunas by announcing plans of economic
development for the islands that would dramatically increase their worth to
Indonesia, and therefore increase the cost of China' s claiming--not to
mention taking--the islands.
If the Natunas should become an integral part
of the Indonesian economy, Indonesia and its ASEAN partners (and very
likely the United States) would become less apt to tolerate Chinese claims
to them.
John McBeth, "Deep Background," Far Eastern Economic Review, 5
September 1996,54-55.

Indonesia's relationship with China is increasingly precarious, but to
date, no great changes in regional relations have resulted. ASEAN cohesion
has neither greatly benefited from Indonesia's inclusion in the South China
Sea fray, nor has it been shaken. The plan to make the Thais beneficiaries
of Natuna's liquefied natural gas is likely to help to avoid any future
division between the littoral ASEAN states and ASEAN's northern continental
states centered on Thailand.
If Thailand is offered this additional power
source, which could be used for leverage in negotiations with the Chinese
over hydroelectric power generated from the Mekong River, Thailand might be
more free to support its ASEAN partners facing China in the South China Sea.
Nor has there been a change in Indonesia's foreign policy since the
revelation of the Chinese claims. Indonesia has attempted, and will
continue to attempt, to distance itself from its awkward inclusion in the
disputes of the South China Sea and thereby maintain its role as "honest
broker" to the area.
It is important to note that Alatas' s policy of
publicly ignoring China's claims has worked insofar as Indonesia's Surabaya
workshop of 1993 was not its last. Indonesia wishes to preserve its role as
mediator and also maintain its image as a nation that cannot be pushed
around.
London,
U.K.: International Institute for Strategic Studies, 1993).

Vietnam and Philippines shouldn't be dragging countries like India, Japan, and the U.S to deal with China's claim over S.C.S and start to consolidate your own firepower "massively" into the disputed area as well as increasing your presence there by building a clear economic roadmap such as new town, air port, harbor, and power generators. And transmigrate your people to settle in the core Islands in S.C.S. It will leverage your bargaining power toward the Chinese because you have proven that those islands and waterspace worth everything to your country.

Meanwhile, Vietnam and Philippines should be able to make your neighbors supporting your claim and making your countries to be the center of opposition in ASEAN. That means, your countries will not be standing alone in the neighborhood. If you can't make countries like Cambodia to side with you, how can you win the bargaining game with China? To do that, Vietnam and Philippines have to take Indonesia's role as the core of ASEAN to leverage your diplomatic power with the other ASEAN members, but as we can see the facts from the recent ASEAN meetings, Indonesia still had to come in handy after Cambodia's shocking move to support China's claim, that proves that even until now, neither of the claimants from ASEAN have the power to bargain with their own neighboring countries.

I, in the other hand, disagree with the idea of "war" that may destabilize the stable condition in ASEAN and our relation with China. Quite diplomacy was proven effective by Indonesia when it had to take west papua and to defend Natuna island, also was proven effective by Malaysia when it had to take Sipadan and Ligitan Islands from Indonesia.

Right now there is no way can the Philippines or Vietnam muster ASEAN support it needed to settle territorial rows with China based on rule-based approach since Cambodia had already been influenced economically by China. It’s very clear how China plays in the middle “money can make demons turn and grind stones,” says a Chinese proverb. At $2 billion, Chinese investment in Cambodia is twice the combined total invested by fellow ASEAN countries that’s why I understand Cambodia's stance for blocking the proposed COC because they were trapped by China's fishing net. Obviously China ratchets up the tension in the region putting everyone on edge. Seems most Asian country wants to defend against Chinese aggression. Well it is patriotic duty to repel invaders at their doorstep. But I agree that we should employ every means to avert a shooting war with the Chinese when possible, but we also have to be pragmatic when necessary. While there is no harm utilizing low level politics to pursue cooperation than conflict, we have to recognize that in international relations, however, pragmatism often takes the front seat. With this view in mind, we can start off with a non-confrontational scheme to ease tensions in the South China Sea. But is this going to work for the Philippines or Vietnam? Given the Chinese imperious behavior and lack of respect towards an inferior, unequal claimant, this scheme or something close to it becomes a feckless exercise in diplomacy.

Why would the Chinese, who holds all the aces even consider a warm-up to direct land grab? Or we probably should resort to conducting negotiations away from public view through “backdoor diplomacy." But a one- on- one negotiations is playing into the Chinese hands, and doubtless would result in us getting the short end of the stick, or nothing at all. That’s why our only hope to get a fair shake is to insist on multilateral agreements with our powerful US ally sitting in as an observer, though not having any claim, nonetheless have economic and security interests in the region. The Philippines does seem to have no foreign policy strategy in place but merely reacts to events as they arise. And in more ways than one, the Philippines is weak and cannot take on a strong rising China head on. But be that as it may, we at least are pragmatic and know how to choose our ally- the US- whose values we share and whose friendship we had forged through blood. Although, the US publicly declares a neutral stance in the row between the Philippines and China, it is the uncertainty of a US reaction that keeps China's appetite for land grab restrained. Needless to say, without the US military presence in this region to maintain the balance of power, and to check on China's military adventurism, the whole Spratlys Islands would have been unilaterally resolved issues even then.

Did any of you realise there is another thread going on about SCS dispute........

Keep derailing this thread and it will get closed........

Keeping aside all the Senkaku and SCS issue, Japan should still rearm to get into the right level of defending themselve. I believe JSDF should not be used as an agressor, that does not mean they should not be taken away with their defensive power.

Soft Diplomacy is one thing, Strong Military is another. Some time you just cannot get soft diplomacy if you are a push over. Look at how Switzerland and Sweden stayed out of WW2? They have a soft policy for dealing with Nazi Germany and the Allied Nation. Not because of their mouth, but the power for them to defend themselve. What the message the Swede and Swiss sending are :

You can try and take us, but you gonna pay, why don't we settle it on the table and you go your marry way.

This message not only just point toward to Nazi Germany, but also the allied.

This is the stance Japan must take now.

Did any of you realise there is another thread going on about SCS dispute........

Keep derailing this thread and it will get closed........

Keeping aside all the Senkaku and SCS issue, Japan should still rearm to get into the right level of defending themselve. I believe JSDF should not be used as an agressor, that does not mean they should not be taken away with their defensive power.

Soft Diplomacy is one thing, Strong Military is another. Some time you just cannot get soft diplomacy if you are a push over. Look at how Switzerland and Sweden stayed out of WW2? They have a soft policy for dealing with Nazi Germany and the Allied Nation. Not because of their mouth, but the power for them to defend themselve. What the message the Swede and Swiss sending are :

You can try and take us, but you gonna pay, why don't we settle it on the table and you go your marry way.

This message not only just point toward to Nazi Germany, but also the allied.

This is the stance Japan must take now.

You mean "Speak softly while carrying a Big Stick" cause that's what I've been advocating this whole time. Japan should have a Real National army, but Japan must not used this army as a way to settle dispute and only uses it to defend their country against aggression.

@Reashot Xigwin

I have reported to the mods that you posted a disturbing picture!
I will ignore you from now on. You are worse than I thought.

Japan Aims To Launch F-3 Development In 2016-17

By Bradley Perrett

October 22, 2012

Bradley Perrett Nagoya, Japan

mitsubishif3atdxtestwin.jpg

Sometime around 2030, if U.S. Air Force plans come to pass, a fighter that leaps ahead of Lockheed Martin F-22 and F-35 technology will enter U.S. service. At about the same time, if Japan's plans come to pass, a similarly advanced fighter will enter service on that side of the Pacific.

It might be the same fighter. Merging Japan's 2030s requirement into evolving U.S. plans for post-F-35 fighters seems to make great industrial sense. Japan plans to begin developing a homegrown fighter within five years, with the aim of beginning production under the designation F-3 around 2027. The defense ministry wants to lay the groundwork to go its own way by investing in stealth technology and building its own powerful fighter engine.

IHI Corp. is to develop a technology-demonstrator engine of 15 metric tons (33,000 lb.) thrust, according to an official document seen by Aviation Week.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is already building a small airframe technology demonstrator, the ATD-X Shinshin, which the ministry expects to test in the fiscal year beginning April 1, 2014. Mitsubishi Heavy is also very likely to build the F-3, which Japanese officials expect will carry a pilot.

Full-scale development would begin in 2016 or 2017 and the first prototype would fly in 2024-25, according to the ministry's plans. Series production is to begin in 2027 and the type would begin replacing Mitsubishi Heavy Industries F-2 strike fighters in the first half of the 2030s. In the second half of that decade it would begin replacing Boeing F-15Js. The F-15s are older but are likely to remain the mainstay of Japan's air-defense squadrons, with suitable upgrades (see following article).

The exact status of the ministry's plans is unclear, but they probably represent what it hopes to achieve, with some expectation of obtaining approval. It projects production of about 200 F-3s, which would follow the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning into Japanese service. Japan has decided to buy 42 F-35s and may build parts of them. The U.S. Navy and U.S. Air Force tentatively plan to begin fielding new fighters in 2030-35, the former sometimes using the name F/A-XX and the latter referring to its proposed F-X.

Two years ago, the ministry disclosed a research effort for what it called the i3 Fighter, intended to assemble a suite of advanced technologies for a future combat aircraft—or, some suspect, to be offered to the U.S. as a Japanese contribution to the next U.S. fighter. The ministry's Technical and Research Development Institute is leading the i3 Fighter work.

Now here's the question, can it transform? :D

@Reashot Xigwin

I have reported to the mods that you posted a disturbing picture!
I will ignore you from now on. You are worse than I thought.

I think he is just into his head about putting out some points. We've all been there, he is nonetheness more reasonable than most member here, you should know whao do i meant.

Japan is already rearmed and controlled by the US. She behaves like a prostitute with doggy style...Viets & Phils are the same, can you say not?

Keeping aside all the Senkaku and SCS issue, Japan should still rearm to get into the right level of defending themselve.

I know the real fact since I live in Taiwan. It's depend on to whom Japan will defending themself. If their target is China, it's impossible. Just look Taiwan, we are too small, we can't even defending ourself from medium size neighbor country like Japan and Philippine if they want to invade Taiwan. Taiwan even can't do something against Philippine aggression in South China Sea.

The media and Japan politicians are promoting defending issue to China, is just a provocative.

To Kolaps
Relax,bro. Above assumption never occur, The Chinese never let it come true.

Back
Top Bottom