What's new

RC400 and MBDA MICA approved for JF-17

It would be hard for me to believe that Americans would allows AIM-120 to be integrated on a French radar.
There are hardly any countries out there who has done that.

Another assumption on your part. Claiming that there are hardly any other countries who have integrated American missiles with a French radar.. with no research or facts.

Did you look at the countries in your neighbourhood which have such integration before researching on the rest of the world? :confused:

Another assumption on your part. Claiming that there are hardly any other countries who have integrated American missiles with a French radar.. with no research or facts.

Did you look at the countries in your neighbourhood which have such integration before researching on the rest of the world? :confused:

well put webby:tup:

and anyways there is always a first time

And integrating a BVR is similar to integrating a short range missile?
Sidewinder integration is hardly an example.
LCA recently fired a short range missile..without a radar.

well put webby:tup:

and anyways there is always a first time

There will be a first time, if the Americans and the French agree to it or PAF does it at huge expenses and effort.

So what are the chances of either happening?

Short and long.. both are missiles..

American missiles have been on aircrafts with French radar before.

Americans or the French have always agreed.

Integrating missiles doesn't require "HUGE EXPENSES".. stop assuming things now.

LCA recently fired a short range missile..without a radar.

The missile was launched.. a D.U.M.B launched.

Is there any other valid reason?

If integrating costs huge then why is India busy with adding BVR to LCA?

Short and long.. both are missiles..

American missiles have been on aircrafts with French radar before.
American BVR with French or vice versa? I would like to know the examples please.

The missile was launched.. a D.U.M.B launched.

Is there any other valid reason?

I gave that example to prove that short range missile integration does NOT depend on radar systems. PAF integrating Sidewinders does NOT depend on French radars on Mirages. Got the drift?

The Defender India just needs a reason to save his point, and he will assume to the worst extent. :crazy:

Defender India? So this is all you can come up with? Please prove to me that Americans and the French have "always agreed" as you say.

There must be examples isn't it? I am always ready to learn.

If integrating costs huge then why is India busy with adding BVR to LCA?

And what does BVR integration on LCA has to do with JF-17 having American BVR with French radars? The last time I heard LCA will NOT be having French radar and American weapons. It is a different story altoghter

Please read my post again.The cost is about integration of two systems from two different sources. If this was so easy why PAF does not have Chinese BVR on F-16? or for that matter a Chinese radar on F-16 and BVR to go along with it?

Guys,

Lets keep in mind that the MBDA MICA is a BVR AAM. It is in the class of the AIM-120 AMRAAM. The nice thing about the MICA is that it can be used in close-in dogfighting as well as for extended range engagements. In the ADA (French Air force), its replacing their older Magic SRAAM (which PAF also has) and the Matra 530D which was their primary BVR AAM prior to the induction of the MICA.

The effective range of MICA is 500m - 80Km.

The AIM-120 C5 will probably not be integrated on the JF-17 as the package in discussion negates the need.

Guys keep in mind that numerous US sanctions and embargoes resulted into the development of JF-17 in the first place; I'm sure the authorities will not use any american system if there are alternatives and there are plenty.
Almost all western systems used in the platform are coming with full ToT to minimise the risk of future sanctions.
AMRAAM-120C5 is good for F-16C/D and its only been offered to us as we have access to SD-10, there's no need to integrate AMRAAM with JF-17.

American BVR with French or vice versa? I would like to know the examples please.

I gave that example to prove that short range missile integration does NOT depend on radar systems. PAF integrating Sidewinders does NOT depend on French radars on Mirages. Got the drift?

American BVR.. WVR.. or a **** bomb. All it matters is that U.S. armaments have been integrated into the French radars before.

Your example was crap. LCA fired the short range missile to check its stability of composites. It could fire a chicken, guided bomb, or BVR missile in a same manner. It simply doesn't matter!

Defender India? So this is all you can come up with? Please prove to me that Americans and the French have "always agreed" as you say.

There must be examples isn't it? I am always ready to learn.

F-7 with Sidewinders.. Darter series..

Make a note for yourself.

And what does BVR integration on LCA has to do with JF-17 having American BVR with French radars? The last time I heard LCA will NOT be having French radar and American weapons. It is a different story altoghter

Please read my post again.The cost is about integration of two systems from two different sources. If this was so easy why PAF does not have Chinese BVR on F-16? or for that matter a Chinese radar on F-16 and BVR to go along with it?

It has everything to do with your HUGE COST. Missile integration requires HUGE COST. What a laughable claim. :argh::lol:

Chinese BVR on F-16? Are you lost?

AIM-120C along with MICA will give element of surprise. I know it is logistical and understandable not to integrate it with French radars, but it is good to argue that it is not possible because of its HUGE COST and French and Americans will never agree with such. :lol:

So you dont have an answer. Do you? Expected so.

Helps to be a mod. Can remove other's post which you cant answer.The easiest way to escape an discussion.

Back
Top Bottom