What's new

Ranjit Singh : The Quintessential Indus Man

lol! No!.. But if I understand the argument correctly.. Afghan/Persians kidnapped Hindu women from Sindh and Punjab and sold them to Arab markets? Now why would Persians sold them to Arabs? Arabs and Persians don't get along.. :eek:

Indians always make propaganda against anything that has to do with the history of modern day Pakistan.

For us Muhammad Bin Qasim and all the Muslim emperors were heros who brought Islam, culture, art, architecture, clothing, literature, and cuisine to our land but for indians they were criminals.

Today, we named our missiles after the Muslim emperors and our famous port in Karachi after Muhammad Bin Qasim who brought Islam to our land.

May Allah grant paradise to all the Muslims who ever came to modern day Pakistan hundreds/thousand years ago. Without them there would be no Pakistan today.

:pakistan:

For us Muhammad Bin Qasim and all the Muslim emperors were heros who brought Islam, culture, art, architecture, clothing, literature, and cuisine to our land but for indians they were criminals.

Sorry but Muhammad Bin Qasim and all the Muslim emperors are not my heroes... they did alot of damage to indigenous culture of India at that time..

ughh.......I don't wanna take sides but the afghans did raid punjab and you know that the afghans(not all afghan just the afghan pashtuns really) HATE pakistanis and they espcially despise pakistani punjabis and you do know that they also destroyed the holiest site in sikhism the golden temple right ? :disagree:

I don't want to take sides either... but as a person who is mostly Punjabi and talking from Punjabi Muslim perspective.. Pakistani Punjabis should remain neutral towards Sikhs and Afghan Pushtuns.

If Afghan Pushtuns are anti-Punjabis (anti Pakistani Punjabis to be specific), so are Indian Sikhs.. Actually, I have never seen people who are as much against Islam as Indian Sikhs :angry: Go to their chatrooms or forums soemtime and see the hatred they spew against Muslims and specially Pakistani Punjabis.. Names like "Sulla Sulli" <--- I don't know what the heck that means...

During partition, some of our distant family members were in Amritsar... and the women barely escaped the rapist attacks carried out by Sikhs :angry::sniper::sniper: It will take few more generations before the hatred starts to fade away..

Actually the largest number of Punjabi Muslim women were raped by Sikhs and not by Afghans.. if we look at the recent history (i.e. partition of 1947)..... :angry::angry:

Sorry I had to vent out the anger!

Indians always make propaganda against anything that has to do with the history of modern day Pakistan.

Today, we named our missiles after the Muslim emperors and our famous port in Karachi after Muhammad Bin Qasim who brought Islam to our land.

May Allah grant paradise to all the Muslims who ever came to modern day Pakistan hundreds/thousand years ago. Without them there would be no Pakistan today.

From your logic, Europeans also attacked present day pakistan and brought lot of things. One is english you are using now.

Please name some of important things in pakistan on british/european names?

What a pathetic thinking. :hitwall::hitwall:

I don't want to take sides either... but as a person who is mostly Punjabi and talking from Punjabi Muslim perspective.. Pakistani Punjabis should remain neutral towards Sikhs and Afghan Pushtuns.

If Afghan Pushtuns are anti-Punjabis (anti Pakistani Punjabis to be specific), so are Indian Sikhs.. Actually, I have never seen people who are as much against Islam as Indian Sikhs :angry: Go to their chatrooms or forums soemtime and see the hatred they spew against Muslims and specially Pakistani Punjabis.. Names like "Sulla Sulli" <--- I don't know what the heck that means...

During partition, some of our distant family members were in Amritsar... and the women barely escaped the rapist attacks carried out by Sikhs :angry::sniper::sniper: It will take few more generations before the hatred starts to fade away..

It happened both ways Jinxy. Rapes of women, killings of innocent men and children. Trains filled with bodies criss-crossed each other into India and Pakistan in an atmosphere filled with hate and violence. From what I have read, the violence was often started by the refugees as they came into villages and wanted to avenge the loss of their homes and dear ones.

But I guess we gotta carry on. In India you cant afford to carry hatred inside you for long as quite often you have people of different faiths around you. I have read a number of books on partition including Khushwant Singh's A Train to Pakistan. It does curdle your blood and makes you emotional but one does see the folly of it all after sometime. I have had Punjabi Muslim classmates and colleagues in India and I never felt any kind of negative feeling about them ever.

I don't find it correct,though to be honest I don't disagree with you totally as well...Indian sikhs do hate pakistani muslims (you can say muslims as a whole) cause this hatred goes back to the history of Sikhs and the atrocities on them by the muslim rulers..but still I can say this for sure they are very few in number...and as far as Pakistani Punjabis are concerned,let me tell you I have hundred of friends and people who are Punjabi muslims.there have been never any kind of haterd among them.And as far as rapes by Sikhs are concerned..it was two sided and mostly as a revenge for the act started on the other side.

I don't find it correct,though to be honest I don't disagree with you totally as well...Indian sikhs do hate pakistani muslims (you can say muslims as a whole) cause this hatred goes back to the history of Sikhs and the atrocities on them by the muslim rulers

but still I can say this for sure they are very few in number...and as far as Pakistani Punjabis are concerned,let me tell you I have hundred of friends and people who are Punjabi muslims.there have been never any kind of haterd among them.And as far as rapes by Sikhs are concerned..it was two sided and mostly as a revenge for the act started on the other side.

Veer, you kind of contradicted yourself in your above two posts. I dont think there can be any justification for hate towards an individual based on what happened in the past.

Veer, you kind of contradicted yourself in your above two posts. I dont think there can be any justification for hate towards an individual based on what happened in the past.

veerey I was talking about Punjabi muslim with whom we live in so much of peace and harmony but still there are few pople who just remember the past and hate the muslims,though they forget that there were few Muslims as well who helped sikhs.
Sry veerey je tennu meri koi gal galt lagi ta,par main ta bas ohi keha je main feel karda ya.

Sorry but Muhammad Bin Qasim and all the Muslim emperors are not my heroes... they did alot of damage to indigenous culture of India at that time..

Culture of India is not as important as Islam is.

Be thankful that Muhammad Bin Qasim came to our region and introduced Islam to our ancestors. If it wasn't for him, either you would be doing pooja in some hindu temple and worshipping ganesha statues or you would've been a Buddhist.

I don't find it correct,though to be honest I don't disagree with you totally as well...Indian sikhs do hate pakistani muslims (you can say muslims as a whole) cause this hatred goes back to the history of Sikhs and the atrocities on them by the muslim rulers..but still I can say this for sure they are very few in number...and as far as Pakistani Punjabis are concerned,let me tell you I have hundred of friends and people who are Punjabi muslims.there have been never any kind of haterd among them. And as far as rapes by Sikhs are concerned..it was two sided and mostly as a revenge for the act started on the other side.

Thats what Indians say. We Pakistanis say Sikhs and Hindus started first and we Muslims then took revenge.

Partition plan of Punjab angered Sikhs and Hindus way more than it did Muslims so dont try to bring your nonsense theories in this forum.

Remember Master Tara Singh. It was Sikhs and Hindus who first started the massacre and then Muslims retaliated.

We were more than happy that Partition was going to happen and we were getting our Pak Sar Zameen.

Be thankful that Muhammad Bin Qasim came to our region and introduced Islam to our ancestors. If it wasn't for him, either you would be doing pooja in some hindu temple and worshipping ganesha statues or you would've been a Buddhist.

You know what Omar, and may be I shouldn't say it, but your statements above are just what sometimes makes non-Muslims in the subcontinent stereotype Muslims as intolerant and rigid. And this is also what leads right wing fundamentalist in India to label Muslims in India as foreigners and alien to the country. In a way you are strengthening the argument of the very same people that you probably hate, the right wing fundamentalists, the VHP, RSS and their likes. You are also strengthening the commonly held misconception that Islam spread in the subcontinent by the sword and forceful coercion rather than by choice.

I just can't understand why you fail to see these Arabs and Afghans as invaders first and Muslims later.:disagree:

Thats what Indians say. We Pakistanis say Sikhs and Hindus started first and we Muslims then took revenge.

Partition plan of Punjab angered Sikhs and Hindus way more than it did Muslims so dont try to bring your nonsense theories in this forum.

Remember Master Tara Singh. It was Sikhs and Hindus who first started the massacre and then Muslims retaliated.

We were more than happy that Partition was going to happen and we were getting our Pak Sar Zameen.

ye my friends its true that partition plan of Punjab angered we sikhs,but does that in anyway prove that Sikhs started the massacre?? And when you talk about Tara Singh..sorry boss..first get your facts corrected then call any post to be nonsense...there were immoral practices taking place inJanam Asthan Gurdwara in Nankana Sahib,so when sikhs went there to take the possesion of the Gurudwara..thy were attcked by the Pathans already present inside the gurudwara with their guns...sorry my friend..i did not want to discuss these things...it was just to reply to jinxd girl that how the killings took place both the side cuz she was claiming that sikhs raped the innocent women,without telling the reason behind it.

veerey I was talking about Punjabi muslim with whom we live in so much of peace and harmony but still there are few pople who just remember the past and hate the muslims,though they forget that there were few Muslims as well who helped sikhs.
Sry veerey je tennu meri koi gal galt lagi ta,par main ta bas ohi keha je main feel karda ya.

Koi gall nahin chote veer. I appreciate your honesty. Its all fine.

So essentially your argument is - 'What happened in favor of Islam is RIGHT because Islam is RIGHT' - a supremacist argument and not a merit based one.

We are glad the intolerant supremacists found their heaven too.

Back
Top Bottom