What's new

Rangers in Karachi:- Murder of innocent man

Pathetic. IMO, this is real victory for terrorists. Lot of time people will not see the "stop" instruction. Even if they run away, punishment of speeding isn't death. security forces need to plan carefully with checkpost/barricade. If somebody jumps one point, it can be immediately broadcasted over radio and offender can be caught in next the next one, not open fire in the middle of city..

Pathetic. IMO, this is real victory for terrorists. Lot of time people will not see the "stop" instruction. Even if they run away, punishment of speeding isn't death. security forces need to plan carefully with checkpost/barricade. If somebody jumps one point, it can be immediately broadcasted over radio and offender can be caught in next the next one, not open fire in the middle of city..

Mere bahi, this is not India! Pakistan is in a state of war. What if the guy who ran the first check post don't even get to the second one and blows himself up in a busy place with 100's of people? Although the guy was innocent and too bad he did not stop because it would have saved his life but I salute the rangers for working hard to defend our country from terrorists!

Mere bahi, this is not India! Pakistan is in a state of war. What if the guy who ran the first check post don't even get to the second one and blows himself up in a busy place with 100's of people? Although the guy was innocent and too bad he did not stop because it would have saved his life but I salute the rangers for working hard to defend our country from terrorists!

Terrorist normally don't blow themselves in middle of the road. They have targets. This is where the security apparatus/intelligence comes into picture. Security forces need to anticipate potential targets and setup roadblocks such a way that at least 3-4 check posts are required to be crossed to reach any sensitive installation. In this particular case, I don't think there was any roadblock at all, just 3-4 guys flagging a car. If there had been proper roadblock, with speed breakers and clear signs to stop, I don't think this would have happened.

rangers and military people put their lives in danger every single day, I don't see people shedding tears when servicemen are brutally killed.. this was an unfortunate incident but could have been avoided if people learn to respect authority figures and realize the complex dangerous situations they face every moment...

Terrorist normally don't blow themselves in middle of the road. They have targets. This is where the security apparatus/intelligence comes into picture. Security forces need to anticipate potential targets and setup roadblocks such a way that at least 3-4 check posts are required to be crossed to reach any sensitive installation. In this particular case, I don't think there was any roadblock at all, just 3-4 guys flagging a car. If there had been proper roadblock, with speed breakers and clear signs to stop, I don't think this would have happened.

Especially when we are broke and people expect us to design 3 to 4 checkposts with speedbreakers like we are rolling in money. We have to deal with unmaintained infrastructure and roads for the law abiding citizen first before constructing speed breakers and checkposts for idiots. They complain when there are too many checkposts and then they complain when there are too few. You stop at the first one and follow the rules like human beings and you will be treated the same way. This is not a country which has a drunk driver problem, it is one that has serious terrorist attacks on a weekly basis in which the same guys are killed due to exact situations like the this one.

Rangers kill man returning home after dialysis

Karachi

Paramilitary soldiers gunned down a patient returning home after dialysis on Tuesday suspecting that he was a criminal trying to escape.

Ghulam Haider, 27, was shot dead in Shah Faisal Colony on Tuesday afternoon while his cousin Abdus Salaam suffered injuries when the victims, reportedly, ignored the Rangers’ signal to stop their car.

A Rangers van was on routine checking duty near Korangi Shah Faisal Interchange in Shah Faisal Colony No. 2, when a speeding car hit a motorcyclist, police sources told The News.

The paramilitary soldiers were standing just a few metres from the spot and signalled the driver of the vehicle to stop. The driver, however, sped away and the Rangers started following the vehicle.

After a brief pursuit, the law enforcers opened fire at the vehicle, hitting Haider, who was sitting on the passenger seat. Salaam, who was driving the car, lost control and was injured when the vehicle hit the kerb.

The situation turned ugly, however, when both the suspects were found to be unarmed. The Rangers with the help of the public shifted the victims to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC), where Haider died. The law enforcers disappeared afterwards.

The victim’s family also arrived at the hospital, where they held a protest, holding the Rangers responsible for killing Haider in a fake encounter.

Some family members also protested outside the Shah Faisal Colony police station, where they demanded the immediate arrest of the paramilitary soldiers involved in murdering Haider.

Shah Faisal SDPO Mohammed Shakeel Awan said it was too early to confirm what exactly had happened. The police have collected all the evidence and a team has also been formed to investigate the case.

Haider, who lived in Memon Goth, was returning home after dialysis with Salaam after undergoing the renal treatment when they allegedly came under fire. While the victim was jobless, Salaam works at a cantonment board.

A case (148/13) has been registered at the Shah Faisal police station against at least five unnamed Rangers under Section 302 of Pakistan Penal Code on the complaint of Salaam. Further investigations are under way.

The Rangers director-general took notice of the incident and ordered an inquiry. He also issued suspension orders of the personnel present at the spot and initiated a departmental inquiry.

The paramilitary soldier who fired at the car have been arrested, according to the Rangers spokesperson.

Rangers kill man returning home after dialysis - thenews.com.pk

So @Last Hope, a man on dialysis was such a threat to the rangers.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Rangers should leave and hand over power to the dominant political party, MQM, and give them full right to crack down on any criminals/PTI Sympathisers/terrorists

:laughcry: saahi baat hai! but without this bhai clearly said THOOK doungaa! aur teen talwar chala dounga! aur phir mulk toor dounga!"

:laughcry: saahi baat hai! but without this bhai clearly said THOOK doungaa! aur teen talwar chala dounga! aur phir mulk toor dounga!"

Are Mulk nhi tootta aesi hai. And let him Chalni some terrorists/PTI sympathisers/Criminals :)

Are Mulk nhi tootta aesi hai. And let him Chalni some terrorists/PTI sympathisers/Criminals :)

altaf bhai tou kehtaay hain TOOR dou......balkaay no no sorry he said "ALAAG KAARDO"! which means tor dou!
lekin shayad who Bengali boltaay hain kiyounkaay humaay samjh nahi aati

He was trying to break a security checkpoint and failed to comply to direct orders and that too in Karachi.. Far from innocent. Maybe retarded innocent man. One less idiot and a lot of others wiser.. so not all is lost. So if you are reading this and I see a thread opened on you getting your backside shot up because you failed to adhere to a checkpoint, I will just copy paste this on there as well.

but the rangers fcuking killed the man, how about warning shots or at least not aiming at the person? puncturing the tyre or something

rangers is back on the business of killing in karachi, rangers dont have a very nice track record, have you seen this?

so what about Sarfaraz Shah , a young boy who was killed in a park in clifton
its like " hey boys come on lets shoot another one"

this force has serve NO purpose they should be sent to borders to do what they are paid for .. May the deceased rest in peace

Its actually a common behavior in Karachi that whenever tullas or andas stop someone, people tend to increase speed and run across them. Tullas don't do anything because they are only there to make some haram $$$. But rangers are very serious on this, I remember once they stopped my car around quyumabad, asked me to get out and stand across. Then they thoroughly searched my car depite me telling them again and again that i have nothing of any sort. The officer just signaled me to keep quite until the search was complete. Then he explained to me in milder tone about the issue and allowed me to go. I learned one thing that day, NEVER TO MESS WITH RANGERS. Most of the cyclists actually drive very fast (in fact dangerously fast) in Karachi. There might be a variety of reasons but If rangers would have asked him to stop, he should have. Once he violated this for any reason whatsoever may be. The rangers were in their right to respond to potential threat.

Something similar happened with me in Islamabad with the police.

We were coming from Pindi (Kashmir Highway) late at night and had some clothes and suit cases at the back. My father was driving and my mother was also present. We were approaching the picket near the Islamabad High Court and we were the only car on the whole road. The police inspector came right in the middle of the road and started waving. We immediately stopped the car way back from the picket. The guy then came and we got out, they thoroughly checked the car and also the suitcases etc. After a shortwhile and before they opened the suitcases full of clothes, they asked my Fathers name and he said he was in the Army and we went.

THe inspector then told us that their is a tip off that some terrorist may enter the city from Tarnol area that is why they stripped the whole car!

Point is, in these times, it's best if you cooperate with the Police and other LEAs.

Watch Reality not Bollywood OMG "THEY SHOOT TIRES" :rofl:

and look up Random DUI STOPS shootout.

Love the bollywood watchers

i cannot digest that statement "they shoot tires" :cheesy::woot::omghaha:

lol dude do you really compare the law enforcement of US to that of pakistan

:omghaha:

they dont take bribes, they dont just shoot thinking that they will be easily let go, if they kill some innocent the blood is on their hands and they are prosecuted

some times i think that the convicts have more rights then law enforcers because any illegal stuff is taken strong action on

at least they know that who they are shooting, DIA or what ever, they are the guys who have proper intel and not bhangis like rangers and police who let the culprits go and shoot the innocents

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom