What's new

Raghuram Rajan, Narayan Murthy Add Voice Against Rising Intolerance

I admit I am not familiar with evolution of jurisprudence in India but I fail to see the connection to the context and the issue you have taken umbrage against. Of-course my conclusions would be shallow as I have just googled the meat and sprinkled it with my layman's understanding of the matter, it goes without saying the purpose of time spend on this forum for me atleast is not to indulge in one upmanship but to learn more - about Pakistan, about defense, about law, about India, about Hindutva about Islam and about things I don't even know exist and that is why I cherish my discussions with you and many other members. The modern age has forced the man to be in silo and for me that was finance.

I don't mean to presume - but perhaps a long day?

Regards

Umbrage? Not at all. I didn't realise I was coming across quite so acerbic, but if there is a major fault I have, it is of being somewhat testy about poor information or analysis or conclusions from these. However, there is no personal angle, and I want you to know that your posts are appreciated, although I feel that some of your waverings do exasperate me. The waverings do, not you.

The day goes on for some time; my paper on 'Religion, Harmony and Sustained Development' has not gone well, and I have to re-write practically everything.

Umbrage? Not at all. I didn't realise I was coming across quite so acerbic, but if there is a major fault I have, it is of being somewhat testy about poor information or analysis or conclusions from these. However, there is no personal angle, and I want you to know that your posts are appreciated, although I feel that some of your waverings do exasperate me. The waverings do, not you.

The day goes on for some time; my paper on 'Religion, Harmony and Sustained Development' has not gone well, and I have to re-write practically everything.

I dislike certainty, it feels like truth but it isn't. It is like pretending something but forgetting what you were pretending. In cloak of certainty vilest of atrocities become possible. There is evil in the world and doubt is our best weapon against it. That is why I keep an open mind.

Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies. ~Nietzsche

The guy who made that statement was sacked but still you are using him for fear mongering.

Isnt it the same ideology followed by other fringe elements also? He said in open, others said in discreet ways..How many of leaders of organisations like VHP and bajrangdal openly talked about Hindu rashtra?

I agree 100%.

It will happen when their numbers grow.

As a Parsi, we did not leave our ancestral home and come to an alien land to see the same thing repeat again.

As I said earlier, the niceties stop when my way of life and my people are threatened.

As they will invariably be.

I am really not excited about losing another homeland.

Hope that's clear enough.

Cheers, Doc

@Joe Shearer

Your analysis is always welcome.

Could you share with us why your family left their ancestral land and moved to India after Partition?

After all, in some form, you me and Sarthak have something in common.

Cheers, Doc

First, let me get rid of the personal.

My father was a member of the Imperial Police. He didn't get it the first time, the selected candidate was on the quota, and he was the scion of the Dhaka Nawabs, Khwaja Mohammed Kaisar, the man who was Pakistani Ambassador to China and made Kissinger's trip possible. When independence came, he was in Calcutta, and his parents, my grandparents were in Delhi. He opted for the India cadre, his batchmate Taslimuddin Ahmed, opted for Pakistan, and both met again in 72 in Dhaka.

We were poor people, not rich gentry, and we moved wherever we had to.

It was my mother's family who were the blue-blooded toffs, the zamindars without land and without money, but they were toffs who didn't have tuppence between them, just huge pride. My grandfather's saga is an adventure story of its own and is best left for some other occasion.

All the money came out of my grandfather's salary, and he was in the Forest Service in Madras Presidency (that's how my Mum was born in Kurnool and I was born in Bellary). He retired in 1951 and bought a plot in Calcutta and built a house there. His (extended) family suffered during the partition riots and afterwards.

Ya, sorry, wrong....it was CONGRESS :D

Murthy never got Infy from Congress, either.

I dislike certainty, it feels like truth but it isn't. It is like pretending something but forgetting what you were pretending. In cloak of certainty vilest of atrocities become possible. There is evil in the world and doubt is our best weapon against it. That is why I keep an open mind.

Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies. ~Nietzsche

I don't know how your response was connected to my post.

Isnt it the same ideology followed by other fringe elements also? He said in open, others said in discreet ways..How many of leaders of organisations like VHP and bajrangdal openly talked about Hindu rashtra?

LOL... is it a SIN or a CRIME to talk about a "Hindu Rashtra" ? :cheesy:

You certainly seem to think it is.

The Topic of Raghuram Rajans speech was

Tolerance and Respect for Economic Progress

So he spoke about Tolerance and economics :lol: ........... what was he supposed to do ? speak about Hindu Rashtra ?

"Secular" scums have gone into a tizzy and have declared a "moral" Victory. :lol:

LOL... is it a SIN or a CRIME to talk about a "Hindu Rashtra" ? :cheesy:

You certainly seem to think it is.

The Topic of Raghuram Rajans speech was

Tolerance and Respect for Economic Progress

So he spoke about Tolerance and economics :lol: ........... what was he supposed to do ? speak about Hindu Rashtra ?

"Secular" scums have gone into a tizzy and have declared a "moral" Victory. :lol:

For you secularism means scums.. no one can change that..Let me ask you, what is the benefit of India being a Hindu rashtra? And what should happeb to the minorities who were born here?Are they not allowed to take any top posisation?

For you secularism means scums.. no one can change that..Let me ask you, what is the benefit of India being a Hindu rashtra? And what should happeb to the minorities who were born here?Are they not allowed to take any top posisation?

Most people in pdf and outside professing "secularism" is SCUM. "secularism" today is the last resort of the incompetent, the bigot and the corrupt.

What is the disadvantage of India being a Hindu Rashtra ? Kerala was a Hindu kingdom when it gave refuge to the Syrians who came here to escape prosecution. The same Hindu kingdom gave refuge to the Jews and the Arabs and took them as Son In Laws (hence the term Mopilla which comes from Mapalla ) Same Hindu kingdom gave refuge to Parsis.

PS: Mapalla means Son In Law in Malayalam for those who do not know.

I am not interested in knocking down your pathetic Strawmen :lol: .......... it was a HINDUTVA NDA which made Abdul Kalam the President :lol:

Most people in pdf and outside professing "secularism" is SCUM. "secularism" today is the last resort of the incompetent, the bigot and the corrupt.

What is the disadvantage of India being a Hindu Rashtra ? Kerala was a Hindu kingdom when it gave refuge to the Syrians who came here to escape prosecution. The same Hindu kingdom gave refuge to the Jews and the Arabs and took them as Son In Laws (hence the term Mopilla which comes from Mapalla ) Same Hindu kingdom gave refuge to Parsis.

PS: Mapalla means Son In Law in Malayalam for those who do not know.

I am not interested in knocking down your pathetic Strawmen :lol: .......... it was a HINDUTVA NDA which made Abdul Kalam the President :lol:

Do not divert the topic and bring your usual excuse of strawman.. Answer the question in today's context..Kalam become president when India was not a Hindu Rashtra..I am asking what will happen to minorities in a Hindu nation?Are they allowed to take top position?

Christians blamed the same fringe elements for 76 years old Nun's rape on national tv, I didn't see no one apologizing when they couldn't find the foreskin.

What it has to do with the topic? Nuns were publically made naked by these organisations. What is your excuse for that?

Do not divert the topic and bring your usual excuse of strawman.. Answer the question in today's context..Kalam become president when India was not a Hindu Rashtra..I am asking what will happen to minorities in a Hindu nation?Are they allowed to take top position?

India IS and will always remain a HINDU RASHTRA.

Where is the confusion regarding that ? Why is the country named "BHARAT" ? :cheesy:

Why is the national flower of India the LOTUS ?

Why is the Hindu calendar the official calendar of the Govt. of India ?

Why is our National Anthem in Sanskrit ?

Why does the pictures of Hindu Epics adorn the Constitution of India ?

Deivanayagam18.jpg

Why does the govt. control Temples but do not do the same for church and mosques ?

Why does the constitution ask for Beef Ban ?

Why does the constitution talk about Hindu Caste system ?

I have already answered your question......... as usual you are too stupid to understand the answer. Not my fault.

India IS and will always remain a HINDU RASHTRA.

Where is the confusion regarding that ? Why is the country named "BHARAT" ? :cheesy:

Why is the national flower of India the LOTUS ?

Why is the Hindu calendar the official calendar of the Govt. of India ?

Why is our National Anthem in Sanskrit ?

Why does the pictures of Hindu Epics adorn the Constitution of India ?

Deivanayagam18.jpg

Why does the govt. control Temples but do not do the same for church and mosques ?

I have already answered your question......... as usual you are too stupid to understand the answer. Not my fault.

Great!!as usual, it was a waste talking to you.move on..

Back
Top Bottom