What's new

[Question] Why do we Chinese dislike Dalai Lama?

I am certainly not Chinese.....but screw lama boy. I am not even against Tibetan freedom. But the system the lama represents is even worse. And screw the pseudo spiritualist crap.

Sometimes I am sick of those people who always take advantage of CCP's "brainwashing" education and claim that they most be the right one. Even if you are living in the USA, Japan or other countries you can say anything you want, have you even try to avoid only accept unidirectional information, but try to compare different ideas, stories and concepts. This is not a simple world with only white and lack colors.

Tonight CCTV 4 runs an investigative report on self immolation of the tibetan monks

I will post the vid here if it is available on the net

All of the monks are encouraged to burn themsleves through instructions from do$$ar lama and/or his organization in an indian temple where it is served as a controlling and communication center. They will be honoured as martyrs and they'll have an excellent next lives after the burning. Most of the monks who have inflamed themselves are youths

VOA, Freedom Asia Radio and do$$ar's own net will spread and glorify the news of all the self-immolations while taking the chances to demonize China!

They have a book of instruction describing the procedures of self immolaton

DL and his clan claim that if independence (Tibet) is not achieved, self immolation will continue

It was revealed on a German TV that Do$$ar lama is on CIA's payroll - receiving over $1.7 mio annually throughout his engagement with one of the most wicked orgs of the world

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can briefly explain why Dalai Lama is considered as a joke among many Chinese?

CCP doesn't like him because until recently he stood for a free Tibet. Virtually an icon of the "movement". Ofcourse the apparatchicks and their handlers didn't like someone who advocated a sizeable chunk of territory goes out of Chinese authority.
And as we are now seeing your government's appetite for land is only growing. So they discredit him in every way possible, so that he is perceived as a villain. Quite easy to do that in China anyways.

Another example of mass re-education, to which previous attempts we have to thank for meeting so many Chinese posters with revised history knowledge is going on right now:

Mainland universities have been ordered to steer clear of seven topics in their teaching, including universal values, press freedom and civil rights, two university staff said, offering an insight into ideological control under the new Communist Party leaders.
A Beijing-based industrial relations professor said yesterday the order, in the form of a classified document, had come from the General Office of the party's Central Committee, and only a select group of teaching and administrative staff at his university had been briefed about it.

The Beijing professor, who also declined to be named, said he had not personally seen the document but had been briefed on it because he had been outspoken.

"It's apparent back-pedalling if we cannot talk about what the Communist Party did wrong in the past," he said.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1234453/dont-teach-freedom-press-or-communist-party-mistakes-chinese-academics

Which year did China cede "west-China"?

It was 1950's. So I think it is still fresh in peoples mind and the locals resent that.

The fact is if d0$$ar drags on with his sensationalizing and glorifying the dirty tricks of self-immolations, even with the assistance of india and the cia, people with clear heads in the western hemisphere who are not interested in China's land are understanding more of his antics and losing interests in him

these are terrorists behaviours which are in the same vein as any religious extremists

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can briefly explain why Dalai Lama is considered as a joke among many Chinese? I know it has a lot to do with politics, but I just don't know much about the details of what he did, and what is he trying to accomplish, in which resulted him to be so disliked/hated.

I admit that I didn't follow the news much about this in the past, and my Chinese history is "pretty horrible" XD

I tried googling, but most of the answers/opinions I got are from the Western perspective, in which favors Dalai Lama, and possibly biased?

Anyways, hope ya'll think tanks can help me out a bit here, any help is appreciated!

Thanks

PS: Please don't troll, I appreciate debates, but please not trolling.

This is a very deep historical question, whose roots go back at least to the T'ang Dynasty. A short, crisp answer is almost impossible. Much of what you need to know is intimately connected to Chinese history, and to the expansion of the Chinese state itself.

Would you seriously be interested in a detailed reply?

This is a very deep historical question, whose roots go back at least to the T'ang Dynasty. A short, crisp answer is almost impossible. Much of what you need to know is intimately connected to Chinese history, and to the expansion of the Chinese state itself.

Would you seriously be interested in a detailed reply?

detailed reply as authored by indians or western writers? Then he also needs to read our side of history if the OP is conversant in Chinese!

Interesting, thanks. Think I need to look into that too.

Also, how about things that happened recently, like why are we blaming him for the protesters that set themselves on fire? What does lama have to do with this, directly/indirectly?

Nothing, directly.

It is the feeling in influential quarters in the PRC that the rebellious attitude of Tibetan people, not just in Xijang but in portions of China that were originally Tibetan but have become traditional Chinese territories over the centuries, is due to the existence of a resistance to Chinese rule in Tibet in the person of the Dalai Lama. This is an immature reaction, unfortunately one that is bound to be seen, given that not everybody wishes to examine such issues dispassionately and in a detached fashion.

detailed reply as authored by indians or western writers? Then he also needs to read our side of history if the OP is conversant in Chinese!

Please do not react in such a defensive manner before even knowing what I would have said.

Tibet was a free country until 1950s Until China Invaded because of prior historical claims over the region. I believe Dalai lama was the Religious/Political head of the region.Invading Chinese took away his Political Influence in the region.So, he Incited armed rebelion against the chinese .When the chinese Retailated he fled to India. In the next following years, Indians and CIA actively supported the tibetian rebels ,encouraged by Dalai lama. Chinese CCP then started demonising him by propaganda that how he is a Western puppet. As of now I believe the support for tibetian rebels has ceased .Now even Dalai lama is approving chinese claims over tibet ,But asking for more political autonomy and freedom in the region. But ccp being communist does not allow it.

On a personal note, from his speeches , I don't think He is a bad guy. If some one Invades your home, takes away your freedom ,You are going to retailate .But I believe chinese should act Pragamatically and give the tibetians some Political space in the region.It will be win win for everyone.

This is unfortunately an incorrect view, and is largely determined by the wrong-headed view of Nehru and his coterie.

You may like to read "A Journey to Lhasa and Central Tibet", by Sarat Chandra Das, for a remarkably candid though not always satisfactory account of the reality in Tibet. This book contains some blunt truths that we in India need to accept.

It was written ages before any conflict, ages before the Younghusband Expedition and the exploration of Fred Bailley. It is worth reading, but it completely knocks out the bottom of Indian arguments in the recent past.

Tibet wasn't a free country, it was even protected by the Qing government while the British causing troubles there. It is a part of China. The action of the CCP was a maintenance of territorial integrity. In fact freeing Tibet was one of the few good things that the goddamn CCP have ever done, since the CCP wipe off the serfdom in Tibet and Siniora system from the hands of the Lamas and landlords. Not to mention the fertility rate and educational level of Tibetan people in Tibet rarely grow until the CCP has come.
The CCP even help write a Tibetan-English-Mandarin (Han) Dictionary (unlike other minorities in China such as Mongolian, Korean and Kazakh, Tibetan vocabulary cannot even meet the need of learning modern technology), while Dalai can't even come up a dictionary in India and they have to teach their children by English at school.

As for political space, there are many Tibetan have power in Beijing (the NPCSC), also in Tibet the highest leader and most of the officers are Tibetan.

Tibetan dictionaries have existed since the 1880s.

What a lurid and distorted account.

Sikkim was a free country until 1975 until India invaded.:chilli:

I see your point. Both China and India were suzerain powers over Tibet and Sikkim respectively. Sikkim was by no means independent. Nor, as presumably you are trying to hint, was Tibet.

Tibet was under British control from 1912-1948 and was not "free" at all. The Dalai Lama had to obey the orders of the British Indian government. There were pro Republic of China Tibetan insurgents against the Dalai Lama and the British like the "Tibet Revolutionary Party" based in Kalimpong and they wanted Tibet to be a Republic inside of China instead of under the control of British India.

There was absolutely no 'British' control over Tibet during the period 1911, or 1912 to 1948. Very little happened in Tibet that demonstrates even a fragmentary British control, or effort to control. The receding of Chinese power in Tibet following the overthrow of the Qing dynasty was neither a British plot nor was it useful for British policy.

The question of a Tibet Revolutionary Party operating from Kalimpong, rather than from within Tibet, resolves itself. This faction existed, but it was so addled in its thinking that it never had any practical influence on affairs on the ground.

CIA declassified some old records from its Tibet operations in the late 2000's, and an American woman made a documentary movie based on these secret dealings in 2010. It turned out that Dalai Lama was on CIA payroll from 1953 to 1972, ending on the initiative of the CIA after Nixon visited China. During this period, Dalai actively managed the killing of hundreds of Chinese through his two brothers, who were the leaders on the ground. Dalai reinvented himself as a peace guru only in 1974, after having been unemployed for two years.

This Dalai Lama is a disguised politician with his religion. Before his self imposed exile in 1951 he used to run a slave system in the Chinese self ruled province Tibet. Millions and millions Tibetan Chinese were bought and sold as ordinary commodities which should never be tolerated. This system had since been abolished in 1951 by Mao. It is ironic he is campaigning for 'freedom' and 'autonomy', what to go back to the system before?

Tibetans and Han are all Chinese and many are in fact blood related. China is the home to all 56 ethnicities of Chinese and Tibetans are just another member of our big family.

Amazingly, western media has imposed a complete self-censorship on these proven facts (out of ignorance, arrogance, jealousy or hatred towards China).

I hope this has helped answer your question.

This is quite true, and quite misleading.

There was a servile system in Tibet; the lowest class, serfs, or 'misser', were bound to the land. Freeing them was a wonderful achievement of the Chinese occupation of Tibet.

It is not much of an accusation against the Dalai Lama. As you have pointed out, the same system existed in China until Mao abolished it. So what is the big difference?

Your claims of shared ethnicity are really exaggerated. China has other, perhaps better grounds to claim sovereignty over Tibet.

Tibetan dictionaries have existed since the 1880s.

What a lurid and distorted account.

I suppose you have read my word "modern technology",
It wasn't simply a dictionary, but a Mathematics, physics and chemistry dictionary.
The fact is Tibetan language is behind other minorities, they can't teach their people MPC in their own language just like other minorities do back in the time.

Reference: [The Making of Modern Tibet]

Back
Top Bottom