Qatari pilgrims harassed in Mecca Grand Mosque

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Saudi authorities have prevented Qatari nationals from entering the Grand Mosque in Mecca, marking a sharp escalation in the Gulf diplomatic crisis, Doha-based Al Sharq newspaper has reported.

Qatar's National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) received complaints from Qatari citizens that pilgrims from Qatar were barred from entering the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, the paper said on Saturday.

Ali bin Smaikh al-Marri, the NHRC head, called the incident a flagrant violation of the right to practice religious rites as permitted by human rights conventions, the paper said.

The NHRC denounced the incident, considering the step a violation of the right to perform religious rituals guaranteed by human rights conventions, Al Sharq added.

READ MORE: Qatar-Gulf crisis - All the latest updates

It should be noted that Saudi authorities do not normally question people entering the Grand Mosque on their ethnicity or sectarian affiliation.

Inside Story - Blockade on Qatar is 'toying' with people's lives
The claims come a few days after the UAE and Bahrain criminalised"sympathy" for Qatar on social media.

The UAE said offenders would be punished with a jail term of up to 15 years, and a $136,000 fine. Bahrain declared it punishable by imprisonment of up to five years.

Since the diplomatic row erupted, slogans against and in support of Qatar have been among the top topics discussed on Twitter in Arabic, which is a hugely popular medium of expression in the Arab world, particularly in Saudi Arabia.

The dispute between Qatar and the Arab countries escalated after a cyberattack on Qatar's state-run news agency.

Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the UAE and Egypt severed diplomatic ties and transport links with Qatar on Monday, accusing it of supporting "extremism".

Qatar has vehemently denied the charges.

READ MORE: Israel, Saudi, UAE team up in anti-Qatar lobbying move

In its statement, the Qatari government said it has been leading the region in attacking what it called the roots of "terrorism", including giving young people hope through jobs, educating hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees and funding community programmes to challenge agendas of armed groups.

"Our position on countering terrorism is stronger than many of the signatories of the joint statement - a fact that has been conveniently ignored by the authors," the government said.

Source: Al Jazeera News

I am going to quote one BrahmanZada here,

"Tum Syed bhi ho Mirza bhi ho Afghan bhi ho
Tum sabhi kuchh ho batao ki musalman bhi ho"

"You are Syed; you are Mirza; you are Afghan. You are everything. Tell me, are you Muslim too?"

saudi Arabia are now exploiting people by using religion they donot deserve to control the Makkah Mukarma and Madina Munawra administration

what sort of harassment , were they pushed from behind ?

hopefully it's only the elderly who are dogmatic about visiting mecca , the future generations will be brighter , that's how it is for the least in iran

As far as i know Mecca belongs to 2 billion people not a barbaric tribal family who thinks that owns whole GCC and middle east.
This is why Iran is supplying missiles to destroy Mecca, after failing various sabotage acts. ever since (un)-Islamic revolution.
Posting propaganda with creative titles seems to be the limit you can fly.
While Barbaric is daily hangings, lashing and amputating in Sistan region, on sectarian basis.
GCC is surely at fault for not raising voice on the issue of Sistan genocide.

How do you identify a Qatari in such a mess?

Do they smell like LNG? Or they got al Jazeera radio transmitters attached to their ears.

Let Mecca and Medina be like the Vatican and let the A-rabs and I-ran-ians fight over oil and gas.

this is just disgusting, the Saudis dont own the Masjid, it is the House of Allah, and no Muslim can be stopped from going there.
the sauds are going to go to hell for this

Let Mecca and Medina be like the Vatican and let the A-rabs and I-ran-ians fight over oil and gas.
I think if this happens, than both Mecca and Medina would become launch pad to destabilize Saudi Arabia and neighboring states. Thereof, i imagine Mecca Medina be part of usuall trouble we see all around. That would be end of Islam, including your own children would refuse to be called as Muslim. Irrespective whatever you tell them the root cause is.
Result would be same as we see in Iran today, they live supposedly under the most pious and gentle , truthful rulers ever known in world history, but their society is rebellious to Islam (mind it they are not usual atheists).

Last edited:
I think if this happens, than both Mecca and Medina would become launch pad to destabilize Saudi Arabia and neighboring states. Thereof, i imagine Mecca Medina be part of usuall trouble we see all around. That would be end of Islam, including your own children would refuse to be called as Muslim. Irrespective whatever you tell them the root cause is.
Result would be same as we see in Iran today, they live supposedly under the most pious and gentle , truthful rulers ever known in world history, but their society is rebellious to Islam (mind it they are not usual atheists).

That is bound to happen. Be it 50 years from now.
But man has done a full circle in the middle east.
Let Mecca and Medina be like Vatican or the proposed Jerusalem temple where each 3 gets a different day.
They found a cheaper solution in Multan and built their own

House of Saud is full of disgusting SOBs. Pilgrams from iran are often harassed durring their pilgramage so this is nothing new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom